Anyone Else Only Collecting the Updates?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starscream 91, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    With some characters I prefer sticking a bit closer to the original G1 design, but mostly I love that Classics is not straight G1 like MP, but re-imagined and modernized but still recognizable. It's like my favorite toys and characters have moved on in time and life like myself. So it's the same but also new. That is what makes it awesome. If it was just straight like MP but in Deluxe or Voyager class, that would be also awesome, but not the same awesome as these old 80s characters taken into the present/future.

LÖL

The old toy is totally inferior to the new one. ALL G1 toys are inferior. They were awesome for what they were in my childhood but even then they still lacked something that I finally get now with the updates. Only thing that they are superior in, is, that they have better plastic and less hollow parts. The old toys are the worst, they are made of die-cast. I hated die-cast toys as a kid.

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I started out collecting updates that where available not having any hopes or wishes beyond what was available, and G1 for characters less likely to ever get an update.
    Then i started ti get into third party chug to get me updates i didn't expect to get officially.
    Then Combiner Wars happened and the first reveals for Titans Return and suddenly it seems like (mostly) anything is possible.
    So now i only collect G1 of characters i don't expect Hasbro to do in the sizeclass i want and i dont need to have much articulation, like the cassetes and Sky Lynx.
    I also buy a few toys of every official toyline just to check it out or for repurposing or just because i like it.
    But yes i mostly buy updates now. No more G1 but for a few.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I buy G1/G2 originals and CHUG primarily. Articulation is great but diecast metal is love. So yes, you can have your cake and eat it too.