Anyone else notice?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Megatronus209, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Megatronus209

Megatronus209 owner of the Hippy puppy!

News Credits:
    I just got back from seeing Age of Extinction for what has to be the 4th time. without a doubt Galvatron was my most anticipated and favorite character since i saw the "he is watching you poster back in august (i think?) All and All Galvatron is a really interesting Character, and bay has potential to make him WAYY better then Megatron. i defiantly see it, but that is beside the point.

I noticed something about his character that really caught my attention, his eyes.
    throughout the movie they change color frequently, from deep Red, to deep orange. Many people may say that it signifies who is "at home" so-to-speak. That the color of his eyes signifies who is in control of his body. however, when he was activated they were orange. During the Hong Kong battle when he told his "brothers" (vehicons) to climb up a building they were red, and at the end when he was walking off screen they were orange.
    but one moment that struck me was during the prime fight. when he spoke to prime and when we saw a close up of his face he had orange eyes, then as he reached (right before the scene transition) up before grabbing primes head they transitioned to red. Before that during the highway chase scene they were red.
    i know this seems like a ramble but hear me out.

Brains said that Megatron's brain was not offline, and he was basically sitting it out until the humans gave him a body so he can carry out his plan. i believe that during the fight the humans had literally no control over Galvatron, he was "pretending" to take orders while sneaking out a few things every now and then (missiles firing, and "unprogrammed" destruction) i have doubts that the Color means that orange means Megatron, and Red means human control.

but im curious to hear opinions on this.

Why does his eye Color change? could he really have a melded mind of Sentinel and Megatron? (they were seen next to each other in the lab)

2. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    it's probably the color, its orange up close but they seem red from afar? or maybe it was just a mistake on ILM's part? This film was pretty good but it wasn't that deep.

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He's deranged and disturbed. Eye color changes to show that I guess.

4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

hm very interesting indeed!

i gotta see this movie again...for a loud explosive action movie is has beautiful subtitles mixed within the madness that take a closer eye

5. Blurr02

Blurr02 Quickdraw Master

News Credits:
    I know you didn't say this but other people have, but I don't think it's Sentinel and Megatron in Galvatron's mind. I think it's just Megatron gone berserk, thus Galvatron. The changing of the colors in his eyes could just be because he's nuts or because they might just seem different. Or it's because of the CG department, because remember that in the original Superbowl spot he had orange eyes and then in the updated version he had red eyes. So it could just be that they started with him having orange eyes and then changing it but they might not have changed it in all of the scenes.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good catch, it could be Galv has no "spark" just throwing it out there since no one mentioned it.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had to guess when his eye lights darken it looks red - when they are bright it looks orange. Might be an error but honestly didn't notice it much, prefer the orange eyes though.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know which color to repaint my Galvatron's eyes at this point.