Anyone else notice the differences.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Nov 23, 2012.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Between the way the Bots and Cons fighting styles are. Did you notice how the Cons try to use brute force to win their fights and how the Bots base their fights on skill and tactics?

2. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

inb4michaelbayhasahardonforthegoodguysjoke. In all seriousness, that's because if the decepticons fought with any skill whatsoever, they would stomp the shit out of the autobots and humans.

3. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    Lol:lol  Probably!

4. starscream 55

starscream 55 Well-Known Member

decepticons use tactics= autobots dead forever

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It's because Bay just does whatever the fuck he wants and doesn't give a F@ck about the fans of the Decepticons and just have the Autobots slaughter hundreds of them. And if the Decepticons actually used tactics, they'd win because of their numbers. Sometime, the don't fight at all.

6. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because that If the Decepticons used any sort of Skill whatsoever, they would beat the crap out of the Autobots & would enslave them. Just like G1 Megatron did to the humans in G1 when Earth decided to vote them off the planet.

7. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    Which we all know was dumb as hell. Uggh.....

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm... when did the bots use skill and tactics?

Other than protecting 'Sam' in the first two films (Both times failing at doing so - the second time ending with his death) and ofcourse the time wasting moments of the Autobots attempting to sneak into the city none of their tactics have been effective in the slightest and hardly noticed in battle other than minor stupid mentions of 'distract Soundwave', 'protect the humans' and other silly lines.

I would like to point out at this point that Megatron also uses a lot of strategy and tactics.

• In the first film - Megatron acts a lot like Optimus preferring to be involved in battles. However, instead of using smaller units he uses larger forces such as Brawl and Blackout. However, Starscream still is used in defence of the Decepticons by taking out air units and clearing the path - even doing mini-attacks to startle and damage the autobots clearing the way for Megatron to take the cube.
    • In the second film he was the general. After his defeat in the first film he placed 'The Fallen' in charge in order to be the main target of the Autobots using him as a shield. In battle he learned from the mistakes of Transformers (2007) and sent in many smaller troops first distracting the autobots while Devastator cleared the pyramid.
    • In the third film he was weary of battle and became even more of the general style figure - delegating power to the younger leader 'Sentinel Prime' and organising the resurrection of 'Sentinel'

As for the whole 'brute force to win their fights' - The only time the Decepticons EVER won a fight during the film series against the Autobots (I do not count war casualty Jazz because he was simply rash in attempting to take on Megatron alone)

The Decepticons only won two fights during the continuity - the fight with the battle ship and the fight with the citizens of Chicago. In both these instances they were fighting humans. It is important to note here that rather than having Barricade kill Sam - Barricade sends out Frenzy to do this while Barricade fights Bumblebee.

During battle the Autobots are definitely the more brutal in battle - while maintaining a certain control around humans which they lack when fighting cons.

Optimus is the most guilty of this - for example in his first fight with Bonechrusher he rolls them both off a highway bridge almost crushing a family in a car without caring and then proceeds to rip Bonechrushers eye out!

Optimus continues this in battle preferring his swords and slashing apart his victims rather than trying to reason with them - essentially Megatron is more 'Optimus Prime' in the first film than Optimus is. While Optimus is slashing around and ripping eyes out - Megatron corners Sam and actually asks him to give him the cube

Suprisingly the least brutal (in terms of physically harming Decepticons) autobots from the films are;

• Jazz - Died without harming anything - other than a broken car
    • Ironhide - only fought in self-defense and did not have the courage to kill the Decepticon in the ROTF opening
    • Jolt - Technically he murdered 'Jetfire' however he didnt really do anything brutal against the enemy
    • Dino - Technically he is implied to have murdered a village of terrorists however it is not entirely clear...
    • Que - Technically he gave all the Autobots weapons to do serious amounts of damage to the enemy however i suppose he is simply a war monger and nothing more

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Rewatch the scene. Bonecrusher tackles Prime, the momentum of which takes them to the side of the bridge; Prime grabs onto the edge and tries to hold on, but Crusher manages to grab his leg and drag him down as well.

Prime responds by punching Crusher in the face (which pops his eye loose) to knock him to the lower level, away from the humans.

In exchange for being his pet.

Is being the pet of a tyrannical monster that promptly uses the Cube to create an army and ravage the Earth really that much better? I'd bet Sam would wish Megs had just killed him there and then rather than watch the Earth burn.

Incorrect; Jetfire commited suicide by tearing out his own spark so that Optimus could recieve his parts. Jolt merely fused them together.

No; he simply told them to get on the ground and stay there; basically, he was making sure they weren't going to try anything while the other Autobots dismantled the facility. He didn't murder any of them.

10. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Also, Jazz didn't foolishly take on megatron, he did it so he could buy some time for the rest of his team to rtreat, therefore sacrificing himself. He knew full well he didn't stand a chance against megatron, at least that's how I see it.

And megatron didn't choose to use powerfull, but few, allies for movie one, and then week ones for movie two. He just worked with what he got available at the time. If he had any canon fodder soldiers in movie one, he would use them, just like he used them in movie two along side some bigger heavy-hitters, like longhaul and devastator

11. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    Technically Bumblebee did use tactics to kill Rampage and Ravage. I guess some didnt see that?

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah we all saw Bumblebee's tactics.

Rip body parts off and punch bitches in the face.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Look what happened the one time a Decepticon used something even close to tactics. In the first movie instead of just flying in shooting at random like grrr Starscream mad Starscream smash Starscream plays it smart against the best fighter jets the US military can produce. Starscream ends up owning the entire squad like it was child's play.

We couldn't have a movie where the Decepticons stomp all over the US military so after that all the Decepticons have their logic chips removed so the can just smash stuff at random while they wait for Prime, Bumblebee, the US military or Sam to kill them.

Kind of the problem with hero worship films as the production team starts feeling the need to make the bad guys dumber and dumber so the good guy has an easier time of killing more and more bad guys each film. Just look at how Rambo went from just surviving his first film to being able to kill 20 bad guys with a pack of toothpicks and a rubber band in later films.

14. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:

I can see where you're going however, Rambo the Novel and the Original cut of the film had Rambo dying. So anything after the first book/film was someone else's take of the Rambo character. They keep adding so much to the character, he loses the originality tied to it

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Meta and roccondil have got this s**t covered.

[​IMG]

Fodder 'Con #1: "Wait, so the script says that we're just supposed to stand here?"

Fodder 'Con #2: "Yeah, according to Mike, I'm supposed to *look* like I'm shooting, but purposefully miss. Why in the world would I do tha-"

Optimus: "GIVEMEYOURFACE!" *trashes them*

At worst, the Decepticons could always just smother the Autobots and military with their numbers alone. Sort of like how the zombies in the World War Z trailer pile onto each other to make mountains to climb and stuff. :lol 

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    A more brutal style for the Decepticons also ties into the more "monstrous" way they were portrayed overall, but while some Autobots rely on skill and speed, I don't think all of them do.

17. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

Decepticons were more monstrous? I, uh...

disagree.

18. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Because Megatron was reasoning with Sam. He totally wasn't gloating over his easy victory and taunting his foe. Meanwhile Optimus lives in peace with humanity whenever Decepticons aren't attacking.

Ironhide fought only in self-defense? None of the Autobots ever start a fight, they only retaliate. It's not like in Prime when Cons only attack nowhere. They start fights in populated areas. The Bots have to take action. He didn't have the courage to kill Demolishor? Who took out his bottom wheel making him helpless, called him "punk-ass" and let Optimus do the talking (and execution, when it was evident Demolishor had no remorse in his actions).
    Que is a war monger. He loves war and loves the money and chaos that comes of it. Yeah. It's not because they were short on weapons in a conflict against over 200 killer alien robots who amount to snarling, mad dogs with guns rampaging across the world.

19. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    I've always thought this too. Bay made the Bots seem somewhat normal and human like. While the Con on the other hand were made to seem more alien and monstrous in nature.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hollywood was pretty sequel happy back then so I'm guessing the only way the studio would green light the first film is if they changed the ending so there could be a possibility of a sequel if the first film was a hit.