Anyone else looking more forward to...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Sheesh, just have Shane McCarthy become the director, that's approximately what 70% of movie haters want: All the same destruction but TRUE TO THE MYTHOS:p 

2. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

I ve been ready of a reboot since 2008...no way to fix what has been broken...and I seriously doubt the real transformers fans will actually like this 3rd attempt.

3. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

This is the reason I did not see it in theaters or purchase a dvd...just waited to get a free dubbed copy...ill do the same thing for this next movie.

4. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

i reallyyyyy dont want a reboot to happen! i love what they did with these movies, even with a few problems, and i dont want to see it redone. maybe like 10 years down the road but dont try to remake it after the 3rd movie comes out!

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, why the rush? My instinct is that after the 3rd film Hasbro might actually concentrate on Transformers: Prime and other aspects of their "new universe" for awhile.

6. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know paramount will not want to lose the movie rights to any other studio and may push for a reboot eventually. but i honestly dont care at all. i dont care who picks it up, it will not be the same as this franchise was for me, personally.

10 years down may be a good option for the new generation.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Bay movies are the reboot.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    uh oh, you said it...

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love a Beast Wars Reboot. I'd want it done by Steven Speilberg, I never got why he produced?

Have Gary Chalk,David Kaye and Scott McNeil return to do the voices.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. To add the the Spiderman franchise reboot, I've read in several places that Marvel wasn't happy with Spiderman 3, and also were looking for a reboot/storyline direction change as well. With the exception of the reception of the Twins, I'm pretty sure Hasbro has loved the two movies, and as much as they keep developing movie toys long after the movies have come and gone reflect that.

I think the people who are really against the movies are wishing for a reboot, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. With both WfC and TF: Prime having obvious nods to the movie designs in them, I think the designs and character actions (i.e. Bumblebee acting like a badass in the TF: Prime clip, Prime as a long nose cab, etc.) are permanent changes to the TF cannon. I just hope the writing of TF3 is much better then RotF, and that maybe like others have said we can get a full CGI movie that's of WfC or something like that.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    He said might though. That doesn't mean anything. There was going to be a Justice League movie last summer. That was "going to happen" and was "all but greenlit". Then it didn't happen. It had a script, was (poorly) cast and the sets were being built, then WB said "Nope" and went another direction. A LOT can change.

Also, I didn't see anything in there about a reboot. They might make more TF movies but that doesn't mean they are rebooting. This next Batman movie will probably be Chris Nolan's last one (as director). I hope that they continue the franchise with a new creative team using Nolan's films as (at least) a general backstory.

If they DO reboot, they better have some down time because I'm getting tired of the studios going "Opps, we f**ked up that property. Here, let's try again right away. You see, this way, we don't have to think up anything new, but do the same old thing over and over and over again, and you'll pay for it because we are 'rebooting' it."

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

All things come to those who wait. I am looking forward as to where the franchise will go when TF3 is over and done, and it could go any number of directions, better, worse? Who knows? Who knows if there even will be a reboot? If there is, I'm praying for a Beast Wars style story that ties into the movie continuity, but full CG and everything. I konw it won't happen, but Hasbro still likes Beast Wars and there's stuff the movie team can pull from it.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Nothing is permanent in Transformers.

G1 was a product of the 80's cartoons and even though there might a G1 influence on things from time to time you just aren't going to see another show with those animation eras and other things that mark it out. Even the Star Trek films with the original cast were more of tribute to the past rather than recreating the past.

Beast Wars came along and instead of cars and trucks they were now animals and called Maximals and Predicons. The look also radically changed from G1.

Beast Machines the look changed again and that's about all I want to dwell on that series.

Later on Transformers went back to being cars again but now there were concepts like power up Mini-Cons or Cyber-Planet keys that sort of went away with their shows.

The movie have their time in the sun but one day the fickle public will move on to something different. Without a great story or great characters it's like one of those series that will only be remembered by it's harder core fans.

So one day, we don't when but one day, Transformers will move on to something else. If it's a new movie franchise and it has a new look then Hasbro will drop the old movie look and jump on the new movie look.

14. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

What a moronic statement.

15. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I am absolutely curious and looking forward to what they will come up with, in another 25 years when the current Transformers movies are completely out of the public conscious.

The new movies, their designs, style, mythos, everything about them are here to stay in some form or fashion for a LONG time regardless of how anyone feels (I happen to like them so I guess lucky me) due to their rampant success and easy accessability for people who never even saw/cared about the 80's cartoon.

It took Transformers from the 80's series up until the 2007 movie to really get a complete "reboot". With very little exception all the series between the two events were at least tangentally a part of G1 and did little more than reintroduce it's cast of established characters. The 2007 movie reintroduced the whole concept of Transformers to the world.

Don't hold your breath expecting any shorter a span of time for another true "reboot" of the franchise.

16. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

All the folks pining for a reboot will be the same ones crying bloody murder when the new production team doesn't give them what they want. Be careful what you wish for.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know do you really think it would take 25 years to get out of the public conscious?

Yes the film had some nice visuals and rising Hollywood stars, but every summer is flooded with visuals and actors looking to make a big name for themselves. Without something in either the story or the characters to make the film stand out they kind of get lost in the shuffle of the flood of films.

Special effects moved on but people still remember Star Wars because it had Darth Vader and catching you off guard with Vader being Luke's father. Terminator had the line "I'll be back". If you say "we're going to need a bigger boat" some one will say hey I loved Jaws.

Transformers in the movies just really don't have anything that stands out. Even transformations don't really stand out when you can see transformations in TV ads.

Sure fans will remember the movies, but I've got a feeling the general public is just going to move on to whatever next big thing is out of Hollywood.

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, exactly.

Seems to be quite a few people thinking that a reboot will magically be everything they have ever wanted in a TF live action movie. When in reality, they could end up disliking it even more than the current films.

Then they can wait around for a reboot-reboot. :lol 

19. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Largely yes, but I was mostly refering to the current generation of children/teens/young adults to whom these will be their first Transformers and to whom Hasbro will be targeting large portions of their market at for many years to come. The super complicated detail-ified movie designs are already bleeding over pretty heavily into other areas and I don't really see that one ebbing off any time soon.

25 years was probably an overestimate but I still say a minimum of 10-15.

*Edit: The post below here speaks truth.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Guess what.

The reboot will have things you don't like as well.

sorry.