Anyone else looking more forward to...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am excited to see this story come to an end. It would be nice to see a fresh take on the franchise, whether it be a continuation of the current continuity or a reboot. I actually wouldn't mind if they took a break and waited a few years before making another one.

I would however love if Hasbro would invest some money in straight to DVD animated movies like DC or Marvel have been doing.

2. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    ^This x100
    I do like Bay but I don't like the writers he picked.... But hopefully these new writers will make it a better movie this time around.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That would be really cool. A chance to explore some stories that wouldn't really fit into the live action movies or the new Transformers Prime cartoon but are still really good stories to tell.

Sort of like I always though it would be a cool alternate history movie to have the Transformers land or awaken in 1940 instead of 1980 or 2000. It's not something they would make a live action movie about and I couldn't see Transformers Prime doing it, but a direct to video release could pull something like that off. Live action couldn't afford a one off World War 2 setting and a kids cartoon would never touch a topic like Hitler but direct to video could.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    For those doubting a reboot, read this link.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

We don't know for sure if there's going to be a reboot after TF3. I'd give it at least a good year or two after TF3 before we start hearing plans for one.

I do look forward to a reboot, however right now I'm far too excited about TF3 to even think of a possible reboot.

6. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    do we really think there is going to be a reboot soon? Don't most movies do it like 5-10 years after the original? I'm looking forward to transformers 3. I loved the first one, kind of disapointed with the 2nd, and I'm really hoping the 3rd will be the best.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea I can't wait to see what the next director screws up.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Well, apparently the story for TF3 completely finishes the story and makes continuing it difficult, if not impossible. Just because the current series is a big moneymaker doesn't mean they'll continue the current continuity until it bombs; just look at the Spiderman series. They're rebooting it because the creative force for the last 3 quit, which is what is apparently happening to Bayverse in 2011.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm more excited for TF3. That movie's definitely being made. Reboots just "might" happen, there aren't any plans for it yet.

Captain Planet and Histeria! both had Hitler (or heavily implied him). I think Histeria! even went with a Red Skull shout out.

10. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

What does anyone think about my idea?:dunce 

11. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

...or Maybe Peter Cullen.

12. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i want less insectoid looking transformers, and more robot (g1ish) looking transformers. and a story that matches 1 or more continuities we know, not making one up and destroying everything in the process. so yes i think a reboot is in order.

13. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

In the other words, you like my idea:wink: 

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    My fear is we could get the same kind of garbage as Revenge but without the work put into creating real scenes with real cars and real explosions.

15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Likely doesn't mean absolutely a reboot. Just means we'll see how this goes first. That's hollywood speak for "that's too far ahead to say."

So no, a reboot is not set in stone yet.

That's entirely different. Sony's mistake on that is not the same as what hasbro may or may not do. Raimi quit because of Sony not leaving him alone to make a hit.
    There's still plot holes in his set of 3, that the new 3 were going to explore. Instead, we're getting petey in highschool again and no black cat, because sony deemed that so for the kiddies. Sony also canned the venom spin off movie as well when they axed the raimi-verse. The fact of the matter is, they wanted someone they could control, because sony feels no matter what, spidey will be a hit. Raimi didn't matter to them. What mattered to them was pumping out another movie before the contract expires so they can keep the movie rights, instead of letting them revert to disney.

It's getting a reboot because sony wouldn't leave Raimi alone. There's more to what happened with spidey than anyone will admit. Raimi quit because Sony pushed him too far essentially a 'our way or the highway' and raimi said C-ya. The original Spidey 4 very much was Raimi's baby until that happened. At which point that he quit because sony wouldn't stop interfering, is why it's getting the reboot. It's not getting a reboot because they want to keep doing the same 3 movies over and over.
    I for one, wanted raimi's 4 that had vulture and black cat. Instead we're getting the goblin arc all over again with petey in highschool because starting over worked so well for Batman. It has nothing to do with the reasons you listed, and has everything to do with Sony being greedy, and then messing up what was spidey 4, and now mad dashing to get a new one in the works so they can keep the rights. Spidey's reboot is not a good arguement to this, it's a unique situation. Ditto to Batman's reboot. Spidey's reboot is happening because of the Directorial change, and sony now being able to mold it the way they saw fit. The new Director's commentary to not tread on Raimi's work has more to do with appeasing Sony, than actually wanting to reboot it.

Let's wait and see how this film does before we start screaming reboot. We all know things change as stuff progresses, this band wagon just gives the haters more fuel, and to deem absolutes from might bes. Nothing is set in concrete till the deal is signed, and even then, stuff changes. My only hope is that Hasbro doesn't pull a sony spidey reboot, because let's be honest here, the new spidey won't break the box office like the previous. It's too soon to put him back in highschool yet again.

Batman is unique among reboots mostly because the line was so fouled up by the last one, there was no coming back to salvage it.
    Spidey is getting rebooted, because sony wouldn't leave raimi alone to make his next set of 3. Raimi even had many cast already, including Black cat, and john malkovich as toomes, before sony stepped in and said we'd like this instead, and when sony wouldn't leave him alone, raimi quit. Because he wanted to make his movies that worked, not be stuck making another spidey 3 because other hands kept dipping in and telling him what he had to do. Venom was shoe horned in by Arad and Sony because of the Venom Spin-off that was planned for a different director.

Bay if he leaves, is parting on good terms, and even then, he may come back to do another. We know nothing of the story except for shockwave being in it. So it's a lil premature to say this is the last one and then reboot. All we know for FACT is bay and his team may or may not come back for another. That doesn't mean Hasbro will reboot the entire franchise though, and to be blunt, reboots should only be last resort. It's lazy writing to do a reboot on a universe that's ripe with potential. The only time a reboot is needed is when you adam west a property, like batman and robin did. If a new director comes on, he may not reboot at all, instead carry over loosethreads from before. We still have much that can be explored both present and future. That's not even factoring in Bay and his entire disinformation campaign malarky. So anything he really says about the next one, should be taken with a grain of salt. Or do I need to remind you about everything he said about movie 2 during movie 1 that didn't stay true? In hollywood, nothing is set in stone till the ink is dry, and even then, things change. A premature reboot may be more damaging to the franchise than good. You want proof of that, just watch what's going on with Spider-man, and how the reviews will react to it, let alone the general audience. A serial franchise has to be treated like a serial. Not like one offs that can be rebooted randomly and confuse the audience. In fact, spidey is the only modern reboot of a successful franchise, and it's still in its infancy to the point no one knows if it'll even be good. It was all Hollywood politics that lead to it though. Had nothing to do with raimi wanting to leave, or even another director wanting to make his mark with a franchise. It was a mad dash to replace Raimi after he quit because sony wouldn't leave him alone to make the movie he wanted to do yet again.

Singer's X-Universe for example hasn't rebooted, and won't for a long while. It's even had 3 different director's so far besides singer. X1-2, X3, XMO:W, and now First Class, all of which tie to the same canon.

I didn't know so many capable writers had already seen TF3 to deem it the last possible thing to be made from this universe. Honestly all I've heard is the typical hype machine. Nothing that can be taken as absolutes.

I do agree a break is needed for them to comeback fresh. Let Bay go make a different movie first. Even all 6 star wars films weren't done back to back.

Want more proof about recently how things change? During TF2, Bay said no 3D...
    Yeah, look how long that lasted, and that was stated as an absolute unlike these things.

Hollywood politics are a complicated thing, and unless you know the full story to events that led to your examples, they really don't compare as much as you'd like to think they do.

On the flipside though, if they do leave, it'd be nice if Spielberg stepped up to the plate. His name is attached as a producer and we've never seen him really tackle the project at all to give it his touch. If bay leaves off at a good jumping on point for him, I could see this universe being deeper explored and not rebooted at all.
    Keep in mind, even if Bay leaves, that doesn't mean the movie will leave Dreamworks.

16. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    ^ ^This 99999%

you made me rethink my position on a reboot.

im thinking just do a full-length CGI movies based on Exodus and War for Cybertron where maybe Spielberg or Tom Hanks or maybe still Bay direct and doing that wouldnt even ruin the Bay continuity. but now that im thinking about it, i wish Bay had a much better design choices for the robots. the real problems i had as far as designs go were starscream, the fembots, bumblebee, maybe megatron... that would be a much dicier issue if they want to make a movie based on the novel and W4C.

17. Ash from Carolina

From the rumors I've been reading on Spiderman they are going to have Peter Parker in college when he becomes Spiderman. In part to perhaps not get stuck with this guy is too old to be in high school and perhaps to say they aren't making the exact same three films all over again.

As to potential in the Bay Universe I think they have shot all their potential already. We've had Prime dead and back to life, Megatron dead and back to life. You've had Devastator already but he was taken out so easily it's going to be hard to ever get a feeling again that the huge bots can be a threat. At some point they are going to run out of McGuffins to build a film around. Plus your main star wants to leave to do more substantial roles so a new star would be needed because these films aren't about the robots.

Instead of how can we make Decepticons into worthy movie villains, bring back robots Bay should not have killed off out of hand, or fix the things it would take to go from dumbed down summer action movie to summer sci fi epic, it just seems easier to scrap it all and start fresh.

Saying we must save the Bay Universe because there might be something good there is a bit like saying Animated and Transformers Prime needed to be a continuation of the Unicron trilogy because there were some good bits in Armada and Cybertron.

18. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's up with this decade and rebooted? Don't anybody got original ideas no more? Inception is one of the most original films I've ever seen. Film makers need to do story telling like that and not pick up anyone else's leftovers

19. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    not me. im more looking forward to the 3rd installment. Bay's TFs will stay for long long time.

20. Ash from Carolina

There are plenty of talented people in Hollywood who love new and risky things that would be more than ready to roll the dice on project.

The problem is that the money behind films in Hollywood is scared to death of new things. Something new might not give a return of X% so instead of something risky just go with what you think is safe. Go with something that has made money before instead of a new thing that might not make money.

It's only when something new makes a ton of money that the rest of Hollywood jumps on the bandwagon. Just look at how the number of big budget superhero films exploded after all the money Spiderman took in.

About the only way to get something risky with a big budget is to have made Hollywood enough money that they will let you do whatever you want. Without the huge profit of The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan would have never been able to get them to green light Inception.

Damn I wish Inception would make a ton of money so Hollywood could start a new bandwagon of summer movies don't have to be pants on head ******ed.