Anyone else like Rise of the Dark Spark?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Powerglide1991, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one actually kind of dig it.

After playing it a few times, sure the earth sections are lacking, but the parts on cybertron are great. Nearly on par with WFC/FOC. The banter between the bots is good, in some parts better than the previous 2 games. Especially soundwaves, starscreams and Shockwaves mission, one of my favourites!

Escalation is pretty good to. Not as good as WFC but better than FOC.

Hopefully edge of reality can continue high moons work.

2. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

After playing it for four days. It's starting to grow on me.

3. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

I've got it on ps4 and i will say its not as polished as HMS but its a fun ride that won't win awards like The Last Of Us but like the movies its leave ya brain at the door fun.

4. isdblues

isdblues Well-Known Member

I really like it. As other people have said the earth missions are a bit lacklustre but the cybertron segment is fab.

5. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Gameplay's good, though it lacks polish as others have said and also lacks secret areas like FOC had.

And the story's an abomination.

Still, I think it's worth it for the gameplay alone.

6. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

I got the platinum trophy a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it.

7. Noneatme

Noneatme 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256

I like it. But there are no gameplay changes as the story continues. That's really sad

8. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just beat it now after forgetting about the game for a month. The connection of the two universes is rather thin but the banter between the robots and the backstory (particularly in shockwave's level) is pretty good even if the overall plot is kind of basic. I'm not huge on the unlocking system, i miss buying weapons and unlocking doors in escalation, but if you liked WfC/FoC it's kind or hard to hate on the game. The achievements (at least on xboxone) are buggy as hell for some reason.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was as I expected, so I was able to enjoy it.

For a movie tie-in, it was not that bad.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    The cybertron parts are a neat kind of little prequel to WFC and pretty much the only thing i really like about the game. The Earth parts were terrible

11. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

it is short however finished it in no time but it leaves me time to play the last of us PS4

12. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

No.

13. FMRookie

FMRookie Hacksaw

Story line is atrocious but the game play is pretty fun.

The scene where FOC Optimus and Megatron fire at each other with their sparks was so dumb that it was funny.

Escalation is a lot of fun but I can never find anyone who stays longer than 5 rounds.

14. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Hmm after having it for a while now I actually kind of dig it. It's not on wfc or rotf's level but I've had more fun on it than dotm, foc, or tftm(though I like movie 1 game). They should have made the waves unlimited or added pvp multiplayer. Give us more movie character(to hell with skywarp and thundercracker, give me hound and crosshairs the other Dino's and galvatron. It would also be cool if they made a dlc for a official movie campaign. That would be insane. Other than that I actually like rotds after hating it earlier.

15. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only half of the game is kind'ish fun, I will wait for it drop half its price on Steam, and then maybe.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I actually kind of enjoy it. It is not the best Transformers game by any means. But it has its moments.

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    No. I don't play it anymore, I liked it at first but then I just became bored. The game play is fine but it lacks 'polish' and the 'wow' factor. The Earth missions suck. The Cybertron missions are quite fantastic, and that's pushing it. Escalation mode as a whole is boring. I lost interest on it in WFC. I prefer TDM ore Conquest.
    The boss battles in Escalation mode are pathetic. If it be hard or easy they're crap nonetheless.
    EOR added nothing new to HMS games? They took it and shat on it. The re-used character models from Luxaflux's ROTF video game and gave them the most un-detailed head I've EVER seen.
    The character models of the Movieverse characters were a fail. Driving around in Optimus' Western star mode feels heavy. It doesn't turn fast enough. Bumblebee is too skinny and Drift is pathetic. Lockdown is so bad is laughable! Why is Stinger with Lockdown? Where did Grimlock come from? How does it fit in with AOE? Where's Hound and Crosshairs? Cybertron weapons do not suit any of the movie guys.
    There are very minor moments where I can give the game praise.

No movie game, or game adaption of a movie has ever been as fun as ROTF.