Anyone else hoping this series flops hard

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sky Shark, Mar 13, 2015.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I don't want it to flop.. But F'n hell that intro is probably the single worst in TF history.. Ever.

2. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

I am all for supporting tfs being introduced to a new generation of kids. My disappointment is due to other great cartoon series that both aim to adults and kids. Clone Wars. Legend Of Korra. Nick TMNT, Young Justice, ect. It is not rocket science to make a great show that both adults and kids will support. Why have two series (Rescue Bots) aimed 100% at just the 5 year olds?

3. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

According to the latest ratings from the US the last episode to air was ranked 21 out of the 100 top shows for the day.
    That seems pretty good.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, i don't want this show to flop instead, i want every character to have better character development and to become better within each episode

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I love cartoons but after watching episodes I also get the feeling it's just not a series for people above a certain age. Which is a real shame because there have been cartoon series that were great for fans of all ages. This time I don't seem to be the demographic at all.

The toys, after watching and reading reviews I'm skipping the toy line. Just too many stories of the quality being so low that things breaking seems almost like the norm instead of the exception. I don't mind mixing style but I don't want to worry every time the cat thinks about leaping to my Transformers shelf.

What's so really bad though is that right now other than Generations and Combiner Wars there isn't anything Transformers out there for me right now. I don't like the live action films, I don't live near a comic book shop, I don't have anything good for reading digital comics, and now the cartoons don't seem to want me as part of their demographic. There are times when getting a Transformers fix means rewatching something like Beast Wars.

6. TFAOptimus

TFAOptimus Mysterion Rises

Personally, I don't want it to flop. The show looks kinda interesting, so I'll check it out.

EDIT: Having now seen the pilot episodes, I don't think it's as bad as I thought it would be, though it's not at the level of Prime.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Having seen a few more episodes I'm starting to be on the fence about the show. As a sequel to Prime, I find it lacking in continuity. So far no reference to Jack or Mike or Raf? You would think that Bumblebee would want to at least want to know what happened to his friend?

I'm also not big on the Decepticons bot modes looking like animals. Even the Predacons didn't look that animalistic in bot mode.

At least the comic is trying to connect the two shows.

8. Ash from Carolina

What bugs me with the animal look is there is no explanation for it. In Transformers Prime they don't have an animal look and a few years later on Robots in Disguise every Decepticon has some sort of animal look. Did every Decepticon wake up the morning after Megatron died and went you know what I want to base my look on Earth animals even though I've never been to Earth.

Kind of makes collecting an either or sort of deal. With Transformers Prime you could work some of the Decepticons into a Generations collection because even with the differences in style there were still lots of shared design elements. RID Decepticons don't really fit in with Generations thanks to the animal thing and they don't fit into Beast Wars because of the vehicle alt modes.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    I dunno, trying to tie the Prime kids back into the show would only end up making the despised Armada trio all over again - except at least Alexis was a better character than Miko in that she didn't try to get herself killed by being stupid all the time.

Personally, I think the idea of Decepticons hiding out in the wilds looking like animals actually is a neat, distinct shared design trait in lieu of the typical "majority of the Decepticons are flyers/Autobots are cars" angle. Also breaks up the usual monotony of trying to make unique versions of the same basic bipedal shape.

10. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

I watched Prime with my kids, and naturally, I had RID set to record on my DVR about a month before it premiered. I have to say, it's tough to watch this one with the kids. Every Decepticon being an animal seems like nothing more than Hasbro trying to ensure they have new toys to sell that don't look like toys they've already released, and nothing more. The scripts are bad. The stories are boring. The only remotely interesting Decepticons were Steeljaw and Thunderhoof, and they aren't even on the TFP Breakdown's level at this point.

That said, I think this show is aimed at kids 10 and under. If I'm right, then I think this show is probably getting it right. It just sucks that this is supposed to be in line with TFP. I wish they would just abandon that angle all-together, and we could get a better follow-up to TFP, preferably on Cybertron. One where we visit fan favorite Autobots we watched in TFP on a regular basis, but we also get exposed to characters like Jazz, Sideswipe, Hot Rod (not at a Prime) Prowl, Ironhide, and Mirage among others.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm not seeing how the Prime Trio would become the Armada Trio again, Yes Alexis was better than Miko i'll agree with.

12. StarScheme

StarScheme Well-Known Member

i really feel like the hub failing caused the direction of the next transformers series to change drastically....

13. jcchua

jcchua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually for the ones who are animal-themed, I honestly think not too hard about it. Even in the IDW comics a lot of characters are now having beast modes or beast themes because they're basing their appearances on creatures that resemble the ones we have on Earth. And having them get unique names and personalities actually sets them apart as original characters. Too be honest I wished Steeljaw had a different name simply because his unique appearance and personality helps set him apart similar to what is happening with Bulkhead, Lockdown, etc.

14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    You can thank the huge success of TMNT for the animal "mutant" themed robot modes. In fact, in a lot of ways this show is trying to be TMNT, which is not working at all. I agree that it makes no sense in continuity. Also, the designs overall are still poor. Beast Hunters was a big improvement, but this is a step back. This takes Animated and Prime and morphs them into an ugly mess.

Frankly the show feels pointless, directionless, and emotionless so far. I would have zero interest in this as a kid and am only watching because it is actually the first time in a long while I can watch a series as it airs. But if I am honest with myself, I do not look forward to watching it. Because so far, it sucks.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Hub went down before this show even was even aired that makes no sense.

Yes, because there have never been animal themed transformers.

16. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

I agree about the tone shift.
    However I don't dislike RID. But continuing animated? If it were the same as it used to be, I'd totally be down for that.

17. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    DIS IS THE WHORST SHOW EVAR! TF IS RUINED HRGGH DIE RID!!!!

Yep. Definitely want the only TF cartoon on air aimed at a mainstream audience to be a total flop and lose money and stuff.

Even if it's not your cup of tea you can at least appreciate how RID is doing and how it appeals to its target audience. Even if you don't care, just ignore RID instead of condemning it.

Let's all be friends now mkay?:) 

18. Ash from Carolina

I get the feeling that anyone who would call it the worst cartoon ever just hasn't seen many Transformers cartoons. It's far from the worst cartoon to ever have the name Transformers on it so you can't take the "DIS IS THE WHORST SHOW EVAR! TF IS RUINED HRGGH DIE RID!" people very serious.

But at the same time I do see how not being everyone's cup of tea is a problem. We live in an age where a cartoon series can be appealing across a wide demographic so it just feels kind of odd to only go for one rather narrow demographic. I don't think anyone likes to feel left out of the party because they are no longer considered important.

It kind of seemed like if you didn't like the live action movies you could always retreat to Animated and then Transformers Prime, but now there aren't as many fictional outlets for fans. I can understand how this might upset people to the point of wanting to see something fail if the company doesn't want to make them part of the demographic. It would be a bit like your favorite burger place all of a sudden only has tofu burgers to appeal to just vegetarians or something.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Don't forget the IDW comics, always great to fall back on.

20. StarScheme

StarScheme Well-Known Member

i think people are just angry that cartoons are now being aimed exclusively toward little kids now due to the fact that saturday morning cartoon blocks are dead and with networks like Nickelodeon And Cartoon Network holding such control

you don't need a great cartoon that appeals to all people you just need a cartoon that appeals to small children

which is unfortunate because that excludes such a large amount of the fanbase.....but as i stated since cartoons(aside from adult sitcoms and anime)are seen as kids stuff it's hard not to see why networks have opted to go for silly random humor and zero continuity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0tGB9SMkCg

this is when action cartoons could still be aimed at kids and yet get mass attention from the block/network(at this time Foxkids were pushing digimon to be their top show and they even made a deal with taco bell to promote the movie)

this was 15 years ago....now action cartoons are basically dead and all networks can do with kids is show them garbage tween sitcoms and random shows like Teen Titans! Go Breadwinners Or Sanjay And Craig