Anyone else hoping this series flops hard

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sky Shark, Mar 13, 2015.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You have to re-calibrate yourself for RID.

It's a far more light hearted making fun of itself TF show. I'm ok with that.

It isn't precisely what I want to see in a TF show but it's better than nothing - nothing would be terrible.

For anyone who is old enough to remember the media drought between The Rebirth and Beast Wars it was painful to think TF might be dead (no internet back then)

To be getting a movie and TV show every couple of years is a luxury.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah...plus we have two ongoing cartoons at the moment.

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just finished watching TFP over again since it has been airing on discovery family on weekday mornings.. and wow, especially after judging it against RID, i can now truly appreciate how awesome prime/beast hunters was.

such a great show, especially towards the end. it's not as great as the clone wars, but it's definitely up there.

i would love to know why both RID and rescue bots need to be on the air... it just doesn't make sense.

rescue bots seems to be the type of cartoon to draw in really really young kids, same with RID.. but what is going to keep the fan who is starting to outgrow cartoons and baby toys?.. there's nothing.

that's one of the reasons i liked prime so much.. it was for a kid who is getting a little more mature and didn't want to watch "baby shows".

but hey.. i guess if hasbro only puts out super little kid shows, they can pump out more cheap garbage toys since those kids won't know any better.

on a side note.. i saw a kid looking at legends huffer at target.. he said to himself "ooo i wonder what he turns into", he flips it over and says "oh, it's just a rip off of optimus prime". i found that amusing.

4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do not agree there. It just makes me think what is the point of a show for older youth like Prime when there is nothing for the actual 6 to 10 age of kids that are the bulk of toy-buying audience.

Rescue Bots is aimed at 1 to 6, RID from that to onwards, it's a much more solid plan than a show like Prime which neglects the age where kids are actualy still buying toys instead of jumping head on into "toys are for gay kids i prefer my xbox".

It's flat out silly to say RID is for the same audience as Rescue Bots too, Rescue Bots would never have a scene with a bad guy about to murder somebody in cold blood out of spite. They're both for kids but it's a 5 age difference of kids between them. 12+ fans can start getting into the comics since they're the ones with genuine complex storylines and characters than any of the shows will ever deliver.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On one hand I don't hate the show because I like Fixit's malfunction, it's nice to have the status pods back so they don't have to kill off all the bad guys, and my goodness it's so nice to have Decepticons with personality and lines instead of Vehicons.

But ouch that art style, being so sick of (bleep)ing Bumblebee all the (bleep)ing time. And it's oddly disappointing that the Decepticons have to have some animal like appearance instead of a more traditional look. Sometime I think was that a prison ship or a zoo that crashed?

So yea I understand the frustration of it will be three seasons before we get a chance at anything else in Transformers animation. But with all I dislike about the show I also kind of feel like it needs to be a hit if Hasbro is going to have a shot at turning any of their other toy properties into cartoons. If Cartoon Network doesn't think Hasbro cartoons are a hot property then the chances seem about zero of ever getting another GI Joe, MASK, Visionaries, or any other cartoon we hoped would get a revival.

But movies oh goodness I'd love to see them crash and burn so hard that Hasbro and Paramount were forced to make better films. Bad Transformers movies, bad GI Joe movies, bad Battleship movie, bad Ouija movie, it just seems like Hasbro can't translate anything from super cool toy back in the day into an excellent live action movie.

Just too far to a comic book shop, the sticker shock of what issues cost these days, and not having a device that seems to work well for digital comics.

Feels kind of like I'm living in a personal dark age for Transformers media since none of it seems like my cup of tea. Generations toys and the Combiners Wars toys are mostly what's keeping me in the hobby.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It feels like they went too far in the other direction. Prime was super serious, this one is super zany.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally forget this series is even airing until I go to the toy store. It just has that little impact good or bad... I think that might be worse then it actually being a horrid show.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's weird but i like it for having that weird tonal shift.

9. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Even if some of the jokes are cringeworthy.

10. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't wand RID to fail. What would there even be to gain from wanting it to fail? Even if someone doesn't like RID, it failing wouldn't guarantee a new different Transformers series. G.I. Joe: Renegades failed, and a new G.I. Joe series is no where to be seen. And plus, I don't hate RID. I don't necessarily love it, but I don't hate it.

11. kiwisoccer

kiwisoccer Well-Known Member

No if it fails then management will then turn around and down size the transformer designer team or cut its budget or scrap any projects they might be half way through, so for the long term i hope RID does very well

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yeah, imagine if that awesome triple changer Megatron got scrapped, and then the next movie line has tiny, underpainted figures, and we get stuck with a cartoon that was rushed out the door with no idea of what it wants to be. We can't afford TF Animated to be canceled. Wait...

13. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

Maybe I should give it a look

14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I don't want more things TransFormers if they are crap.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I enjoyed Prime considerably more than this show and yes, I know it's still early but, I fell in love with Prime almost instantly. The only good thing about this show are the Decepticons as each one is truly special. My biggest gripe is Fix-It who I cannot stand at all. The episodes are very boring and the writing is average to bad however, it is somewhat entertaining.

The only reason I watch it is because it's Transformers but, I don't see myself becoming invested in the show. It's not because I like darker shows; Prime was mature and gritty which made for interesting episodes with down-to-earth characters it's just because the show doesn't appeal to me. It's probably just an age thing at this point. That said, I don't know why we couldn't have gotten a TF show with a higher age demographic and then nudge up Rescue Bots' age a little. It feels like we have two shows for one age group - an exaggeration, I know.

16. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

Funny thread title . I think I am 75% there. Just watched first two episodes( didn't want to back read thread for spoilers) , not sure what to think. Man I miss TFS Prime. I understand they wanted to appeal to both kids and adults but this feels like it's aimed 70% kids and 30% adults. Nick TMNT, Legend Of Korra, GI Joe renegades, Young Justice, Avengers : Earths Mightiest Heroes....all great examples of solid series that have both kids and adults as their demographic .

I'll keep watching a few more but wow , those first two were rough. I didn't hate it. Just was a big adjustment from TFS Prime which I thought was some how connected to?

Ultimately , if this show hooks kids then that's great for the brand and a new generation of TFS fans . Glass is half full outlook lol

17. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not that I want it to flop so much as I want it to be replaced by something better later on.

18. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

Well don't the kids already have rescue bots? Who the hell is this show intended to be aimed at? I mean , its not HORRIBLE.....but it is far from amazing. I literally felt my IQ dropping my the minute watching the first 2 episodes.

Maybe one day, we can get a modern G1 reboot....

19. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

I don't understand the "don't kids already have rescue bots?" thing last I checked transformers is a franchise for kids, what do you people want, a transformers show with blood and swearing and explicit sex scenes?

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Ages 6 and up. Says so on the toys the cartoon is a giant advertisement for.

Dude, this is a children's cartoon. Not Jersey Shore.

Why are you expecting RID to be a "modern G1 Reboot" when it's the sequel series to Prime?