Anyone else hoping this series flops hard

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sky Shark, Mar 13, 2015.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

No, Prime's dialog became self parody back during Tunnel Vision. "You will move swiftly and operate with a surge of skill" is anime levels of bad dialog.

2. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Ok scrubbed a bit.

Guys 'n girls, debating and defending opinions is encouraged, but please make sure the debate doesn't devolve into personal attacks. There's no need to be rude to fellow members. Thank you

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to know more of this stuff too.

I mean outside of a few performances I thought the voice direction was solid. Jamie Simone did a alright job working with what he had.

4. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    since its a show my son enjoys as much as i do, no. Since my son trumps your needs no.

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Any failure related to TF at any level will, eventually, affect other areas just as any success does the same.

For example, love or hate the movies but the financial windfall allows more projects and R&D to be done e.g. Combiner Wars, Titan Devastator.

Wishing for RID to flop will come back to bite you/us somewhere down the line.

6. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The real reason Prime is not on the show (yet) ....

Peter Cullen's salary.

7. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you guys enjoy this show? its garbage compared to prime especially the art style. Its terrible.

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

This can not be agreed on enough. I don't get the whole mentality many members of the fandom have about parts of the brand they hate in that they wish failure upon their least favorite Transformers shows/movies/toy lines/comics. The success of Transformers series I'm indifferent to or dislike does not negatively affect me one bit.

I haven't even seen enough of RID to have a strong opinion of it either way, although of the first three episodes I greatly prefer the Hammerstrike/Steeljaw episode to the pilot. However, even if I were to hate it in the future (unlikely) I wouldn't want it to fail. Other people enjoy it, and I'm glad they have a show they can enjoy.

9. Stratolily

Stratolily Autobot Girl

That's pure selfishness, nothing more. People need to understand they are not alone in this world and there's others who enjoy things they don't like and that's absolutly fine.

Hi! JohnRedcorn. I would like to ask... how do you know about that? Personally I think that makes no sense. Some source where you got that info would be kindly appreciated, otherwise it's just sheer speculation. Thanks!

10. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    And I submit to you, that Prime was dogshit.

See? Different people like different things!

[​IMG]

11. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I only watched three episodes of this show, and despite how skeptical I was of it because of Prime, I'm enjoying it.

I don't want this series to fail.

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This. A million times this.

The only things I like from the series is the awesome Yuusha styled Prime and another fembot to add to my Prime ranks. Oh, and one-step Sideswipe is fiddly fun to play with.

But as to whether the series is a success or not really doesn't matter to me since I'm not investing in it that much or watching it at all.

13. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course it is speculation, yet reasonable to assume for various factors. Peter Cullen's voice is associated with an iconic character for a highly profitable franchise, so he deserve to be paid handsomely for his work. Another factor is why isn't the most iconic character not in the majority of the episodes, unless there is some behind the scene reason why (like budget constraints that prevent them from paying Peter Cullen).

14. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Eh? You've misread the conversation you quoted.

The conversation wasn't about liking or disliking RID, it was about how wrong wishing for it to be a failure is.

If someone big in TF fails it will be felt somewhere else. TF isn't big enough or strong enough to shrug off too many flops and march onwards with the same confidence.

15. Stratolily

Stratolily Autobot Girl

Absolutly, totally agree. Optimus is the heart and soul of the entire franchise and as such, Peter Cullen deserves to be paid accordingly, he's just the best. Optimus is my favorite TF character since my childhood so I'm really missing him when he's not on screen in RID, but my guess is that there's another reason. I think they're just trying something different with Bee as a new leader. Once in a while I read comments of some people complaining that TF is always Optimus vs Megatron and RID is doing the exact opposite thing now, it's a new take on the story, so maybe that's it. But as you and everyone may know, it seems that this will change from episode 14. I'm sooo looking forward to it!!

No, I didn't, but I think I didn't made myself clear, sorry! What I meant is that people that wants RID to flop hard is selfish. If they don't like RID is ok, but they must understand that there's people that do like it and as you said, if this series (or any other TF media) fail, it will affect the entire franchise, of course, that's it.

16. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Makes more sense now. We're on the same page then.

17. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because Steeljaw is the best Main Antagonist we've ever had in a TF series. I greatly prefer him over any other antagonist in TF.
    The art style is awesome. Anime cues make it even more awesome.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You do know it's the same team again, right?

19. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:

Optimus will show up in episode 5, W.W.O.D.?

20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    This is still going? Hoping that the series is cancelled is an extremely low blow for people who actually enjoy it. I, for one, am enjoying it and hope that it doesn't get cancelled.