Anyone else find themselves clearing out figures to make room for new ones?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WO3004, Nov 23, 2013.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I recently dumped all my RID, A/E/C, Robot Masters, and BT/ALT toys to make room for more Generations. That, and they had been parked in a box instead of a shelf for almost a year.

2. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm... the itens that makes me run out of space are Generations Metroplex and Encore Fortress Maximus. None of them can be helped with selling other stuff, I have problems with their height (in bot mode) and their floor footprint (in base mode). No shelf can hold Metroplex or FM in base or in robot mode.

The only "normal" shelf that I can see me selling the toys is the Classics shelf (with mostly TFCC incentive toys). But that hardly will happens, I'll need to have more space if I buy more Animated toys. But with no releases after Jackpot this won't be a problem soon.

3. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I have so many TFs jammed in my closet its not funny. My display is ever changing, but as I get older I seem to be cutting back on pieces displayed. I decided that once i get my new home i will have a very small, clean display consisting of only MP and G1

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I've recently started doing this. More recently, I've gotten rid of figures that I had doubles of, and i'm working on getting rid of the ones that are less desirable to me (Needless to say, there's a lot of DotM in my sale thread, which I'm chucking in order to keep the more desirable TFTM and RotF figures).

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Ongoing Bumblebee purge. I used to be a Bumblebee collector, my collection was pretty comprehensive until I started selling a lot of them. Some of the rarest ones have been sold, like the unreleased Attacktix G1 gold Bumblebee and Soundwave.

Current collection consists of almost complete TFP FE/AM/RID/BH/GO!, Mini-bots, Bumblebee Legends/Cyberverse, some Deluxes, Bot Shots, etc.

6. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    So I don't collect different lines, I have a very multi-franchise shelf that is mostly CHUG figures with a few other lines mixed in. the reason for this is I have very very little room for displaying figures. So I typically have the current best version of a character on that shelf. Example: for a long time PRID Megatron was my collection's Megatron, but the thrilling 30 bomber Megatron took his place on the shelf, looking much better than PRID did with my collection's Optimus (FOC) when a figure is booted of the shelf, it usually goes into a storage box for late use to be repurposed or customized into another character.

I'm weird, ok? :D 

7. BurningHeat

BurningHeat Active Member

I'd say something like make more room, but I'm very much at that point myself. I'm buying new things whilst still trying to figure out how I can squeeze my older figures in... I've sort of got the room, but the entire setup is rather awkward. At this point I need another 3'x6'x'18" at the least... just for my TFs (assuming I can get BM onto one shelf, they're mostly smaller ...); I'll need to put up little shelves for my anime/comic figures just about anywhere possible.

It's a huge pain but also part of the fun of such hobbies, haha.

8. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tend to drop figures when better versions are made available. I'm starting to shed my Classics collection as Masterpiece picks up speed. Prowl, Sideswipe etc are certainly surplus to requirements now, and I tend to only keep those figures fro each line that are outstanding or particularly valuable. I like smaller lines like Alternity for the lower number of figures to collect and the quality of the die-cast. The THS figures are also lovely :) 

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Sold all my misb Alts, had all of them except Camshaft to make room for some awesome movie toys. Best decision yet.

10. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I have a pretty decent Prime collection that I've been tempted to unload so I could make more space. I really need to just get rid of my movie collection though :lol 

11. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    moved my Prime collection to make room for some more Alts and BTs. Also put my movie collection in storage to bring my Animated collection back out

12. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    about to do a movie dump....