Anyone else feel that the DotM line is kinda...empty?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Oct 16, 2011.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Yeah, it sucks, especially with the two main figures that everyone wanted, Wheeljack, not coming out for at least two months, and Mirage being just that, a freakin Mirage!

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

*until February ;) 

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have to admit. While some molds are neat, others (Like the other 30,000 Bumblebee repaints) suck beyond belief.

Not to mention 75% of it is repaints.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Yes, it feels empty.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It's worse when you hate Legends. They seem to dominate the shelves. Bring back Scouts. In fact, lets get a Scout version of Bumblebee and Barricade. Only size class BB doesn't come in and the only size I wanted him in.

That said, I will pick up Thundercracker, Shockwave and Sentinel Prime soon. The voyager versions of the latter.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i do not agree

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah, I miss the Scouts. I really dislike how all the Commanders (Exept Blackout, Powerglide, and Guzzle) are all DoTM characters. I miss classics like Ransack, Dead End, Breakdown, Depthcharge, and Dune Runner.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, someone actually read that. Figured I was just talking to myself again.

Anywho, I agree that the lack of new characters is a problem and something I'm running into myself with this line. After 2 previous movies, I already have toys of pretty much every character, so there's little appeal to the new molds of those characters being released in DotM and I'm not purchasing much. My post was intended to respond to these points from the OP:

Exact same number of Voyagers as TFTM07, and only one less than RotF, at an equivalent point in the line.

Although I'm not sure what "and such" refers to, my numbers clearly show that, at the Deluxe and Voyager sizes, only a minority of the figures are repaints (note that Cyberfire BB is the only BB repaint; regular BB and Nitro BB are both new molds). And, at the Deluxe size, DotM actually has far fewer repaints than RotF. However, I'm sure "and such" will subsequently be defined in a way that makes the DotM line look worse than it actually is.

And, finally, that DotM has had a similar number of Deluxe/Voyager figures to the previous two lines at an equivalent point in the line's run, as well as a higher proportion of new molds than RotF at the Deluxe point and a virtually identical level of new molds at the Voyager size.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  9. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Problem is, most actual new moulds are repeat characters. Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Barricade, Prime and Ironhide dominate slots that could be for somebody else at the same pricepoint.

I agree that Bumblebee has far more face recognition than, say Hatchet, but almost every wave has one Bumblebee mould in it in two releases at least, it's tedious.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Yes it does. But it's mostly due to the lack of a leader class Megatron for me.

11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Is that including the exclusive repaints?

12. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just seems that they put out so much at first and are now twiddiling their thumbs.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found the DOTM Deluxes to be quite lame tbh. Not only are they downscaled, but they look to have taken a few steps back in some cases.

Take Bumblebee... Nitro Bee looks like a sumo, has gaps all over, and is very awkward looking. Regular bee looks alright, until you notice the huge gap behind him, as well as the floppy kibble that doesn't peg anywhere.

Sideswipe's a decent mold, but has a bit of a gap on him too. Also, he looks unpainted... so few paint apps it's appalling. Not even a Silver job... what gives?

Ratchet's best incarnation is still the Movie 1 Voyager, despite being inaccurate in bot mode... why? Deluxe DOTM Ratchet is tiny, again looks severly lacking in paint, and his back kibble pegs off, becoming quite the annoyance.

The Voyagers are admittedly better figures... Skyhammer and Shockwave are awesome molds... but you can see that they're *small* for Voyager class bots.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    personally i love it...it is letting me get things like WFC darkside megs/nemesis prime set.
    and catching up on the MISC little guys from here or there that i have not gotten my hands on....caught up on a few missing energon/superlink tranformers...and now in the next couple months i can grab the complete wave of generations all at once instead of having to choose from movie/prime/generations stuff...

lets the bank account breathe a sign of relief for once...

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    sideswipe looks like cheap primer grey....he ran away waiting for his nice shiny metallic silver paint job that never happened....

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I have lost interest in the DOTM line. I'm only gonna get a few Bees which I don't have yet and that's it, TF Prime is my new interest as well as getting more G1 Bees. :) 

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it wasn't for the now expired Target and Hasbro coupons I wouldn't have any DOTM toys.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with this thought. It would be smart of them to spread stuff out a bit instead of cramming everything at once.

Good time to catch up! And save up for the new stuff coming.

The coupons were amazing. I wasn't able to take advantage of the target one but it was pretty sweet grabbing generations for 6.88 and less.

19. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That reminded me I forgot to get Skullgrin with the coupons. Crap.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i have one MOC with a slight bend in the card...if card condition does not matter...make an offer via my ebay store...i will let him go for cheap...say $8 plus shipping.