Anyone else both very happy and disappointed by the campaign ending?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Necare, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I think the writers did a great job trying to explain how Cybertron died, and why everyone left the planet, and the origin of the matrix.

I loved that bit. However, they alluded to a past that Megatron and Optimus shared which they never finished. Also, Optimus told ironhide that there were reasons why he hadn't stepped up earlier to be the leader, again with no explanation.

And Finally, I thought the last scene would have been an all out battle between Optimus and Megatron and the two factions, but no such luck.

I absolutely loved the campaign story...it was great, but did anyone wonder about these items I mentioned?

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It's a story for another time, probably a sequel.

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually they left it all to the novel Exodus, which contradicts the game in places but I'm sure you could jam it together.

4. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, as much as I love the game, I felt weird beating it without an Optimus VS. Megatron battle too.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I liked the ending. I'm super glad that the Arc was just being commissioned. I want the sequel to be all on Cybertron. Maybe the ending of #2 would be the crash.

But I thought they did a decent job building up Trypticon. First you fly through this big station, then you learn it's alive, then you fight it.

As for the unexplained back story, I liked that too. It made it seem like events didn't happen in a vacuum. Cybertron had history and events that happened before the game. I like when games make me think there is more to the world than just the player.

It's the same reason why I kind of like seeing Jazz and Arcee in Kaon. I would have liked them to at least acknowledge them when they saw them but seeing those two there makes me wonder what happened to them. Thus it gives more back story in my head. Makes it more alive.

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    As far as Arcee and Jazz are concerned, when the dropships arrive, it does show them motioning to the other escaping Autobots, to come to the ships.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    What I meant by being acknowledged was that I would have liked Prime or someone say something to them when you get near them. Or perhaps even when you see them later someone says, "Hey, there's Jazz."

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm super satisfied with the ending. You don't fight Megatron, and there's still potential for a sequel, if any, to remain on Cybertron to continue the war.

9. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

when can I rent this game at Blockbuster for example.......
    I didnt buy it because I suck at shooting games, and the Demo gave me a headache

Or do they have the story scenes on Youtube yet?

Also. Were the Quintessons in the game? I thought I saw one.....

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah you can you tube the scenes. no quints. i feel this game is too big to be a rental. i'm not disappointed in epic "to be continued" this game was just that good.

11. Feldon

Feldon Active Member

If you're not into the multiplayer the game isn't all that long on easy or medium. 10 hours would probably be pushing it.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree—I wondered the same things, but you know what? I found myself forgetting about a lot of these questions due to the many battles and length of the story, not to mention that I didn’t play the story in one sitting the first time through. It wasn’t until I helped a buddy out with a few levels and watched the CGI rendered scenes did I remember the things I forgot about.

I would have loved to fight Megatron as a boss, but fighting him after Trypticon would have been pretty lame, imo. HOW DO YOU TOP TRYPTICON? That fight was epic, just when I thought Omega Supreme’s boss battle couldn’t be topped (coolness/difficulty), High Moon Studios did just that!

If the Demo gave you a headache, just imagine what the rentals going to do.

I sure you can find story elements on YouTube, but mind you the entire campaign, not just the CGI segments, is the story. The longest videos on YouTube tend to be 10-minutes in length, while most videos clock in at about 3-minutes or so. I don’t know if you want to hunt for or even watch all of the videos to get the entire story—depending on the difficulty uploaded you could end up spending a day or two glued to the PC watching the story unfold.

No Quintessons in the game, but they were referenced in the book. I think what you saw in a trailer was what I thought was a Quintesson: Megatron’s head in the Kaon Prison Break.

13. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

simple scorponok or overlord

14. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    They didn't have to tie it up quite so tightly. Leave room for a sequel, guys. I'm hoping it will continue from the exodus from Cybertron.

The fight with Omega was great, but Trypiticon seemed phoned in.

No Optimus vs. Megatron?

No Trypitcon vs. Omega?

Things I expect to see in the sequel. WFC was a great muscle flex, next time High Moon will deliver on all fronts.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m going to assume this is targeted after my comment about how one tops a fight against Trypticon by following it up with Megatron—still don’t think it could have been done.

Given what the story was, Scorponok and Overlord wouldn’t fit. I would, however, like to see these characters and many more characters, especially those from the Japanese side of things appear in the sequel, assuming it legally okay to do so.

Longer campaigns, more story, answers to dropped questions and total freedom of character selection in the sequel would be great; this is all I really want:)  Save for some bug fixes and class restructure/tweaks.

16. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't fight Megatron? That sucks! :( 

17. I_Cross_I

I_Cross_I Active Member

I liked the ending tho a Megatron Vs Prime fight was needed!

18. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

there'd better be a sequel. If there isn't I'd be really mad. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the story, but I really wanted Megatron as the ultimate boss, and Trypticon was too easy to me. Plus, Optimus Prime and the Autobots watching everyone leave the planet just didn't cut it as an ending.

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    eh, it's a videogame so my expectations for the story weren't that high, was satisfying enough to me. You know what would have been cool for a final boss battle though? Omega Surpeme vs. Trypticon. No I don't mean that as if you play as either one, it probably be too difficult to properly make a way to control both characters, what I mean is you play as Autobot or 'Con moving on Omega/Trypticon while the two are fighting

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't know if that would be a good boss level but a cool level idea certainly. After flying around inside Trypticon I would love to have to fight him from Omega Supreme.