anybody here know of a forum to sell comics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Like the title states I have a whole box of comics to sell. I am down sizing and have sorted out what I want to keep and want to sell. I know I can sell it on ebay but I am not a fan of ebay anymore. So know of any sites/forums to sell them on? If anyone is interest in a random lot of comics pm me. I plan to sell them as 20 comics for $20 shipped

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too, but it's about 14 long boxes with about 200 comics each. $2500 delivered. Anywhere in 2-days driving distance of Florida. And you get to meet me.

3. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Why don't you guys try taking them to a comic shop? :lol 

4. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

They give you very little for the comics. At least the comic shops by me, that's without even looking at them. You could have a few rare issues and still get ripped off.

5. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

If you have Action Comics # 1 I'll take the box it's in for $20 :D 

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can say first hand that selling back issues is a REALLY tough market. We actually just downsized a whole bin because they just don't move as well as they used to. People still comb through, but they are either looking for just "Key" issues or they are looking for something CHEAP...no-one puts runs together anymore...maybe due to the constant re-launching screwing with the nembers, or maybe because it's easier to just pick up Marvel Masterworks and build the run in bookshelf format (or they download). I know stores around me that have eliminated back issues altogether and just frop anything 3-4 months old into a quarter bin to unload them.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, after a short hiatus, I've gotten back into getting X-Men comics and was rather surprised at how cheap even recent series back issues are going for. I'm buying back issues released just a year or two ago for $1 or less a pop. Even those "rare" dealer incentive covers are dire cheap.

That's me right now. I'm trying to finish several 90's X-titles that I only collected on and off mostly during crossover events (X-Force, X-Man, X-Factor), but unless I'm paying a dollar or less for them they're gonna stay in X-shop's back issue bin. They're never going to be worth anything, not even cover, yet some shops act like they're sitting on a gold mine. Sorry X-shop dealer, that first appear of Grizzly in X-Force 8 is never going to be a New Mutants 98.

8. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

My strategy would be to unload the one's that have physical flaws. Just take what you can get for them.

Any that are mint and without flaws, treat as gold. Put them up on Ebay at twice the going rate. Flaws and bad condition items really bother some collectors. I know I couldn't stand any flaws on my n64 stuff. Didn't matter if it was the boxes, the instruction manuals, or the game cartridges. :lol 

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Hell, for the OP, if he's willing to sell 20 comics for $20 shipped, they're obviously not going to be worth anything individually. For the trouble of listing them on a forum/ebay, dealing with people trying to get a deal on them/possible LCBS, and having to pack & ship them...that's a lot of effort for $15-17 bucks. Might as well give them to a young relative if you have them, and let them enjoy them. That's what I've been doing with a lot of books I don't want.

Now Omegatron, that's a whole different story.

Of course, there is always Craig's List.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Park outside a school and try to entice kids into your car to check out your comics.

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

That's if they even give you money for them, which in my area they don't, only store credit.