Any Updates on the G1 Cartoon Music Being Released???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KMITB, Oct 27, 2008.

1. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    There was talk some time ago about the possibility of the music from the old cartoon being released...but it's kinda been shoved in the corner. Anybody out there heard anything about this....it was some really good music.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I just really don't see a record label finding it to be profitable to produce and market a CD that only about 30 or 40 rabid fanboys will purchase.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I guess I'd be in that 30 or 40....

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

So would I, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All I really want of G1 music was the rock music they always played. The stuff that was in the dance hall Soundwave was in, Rumble/Frenzy breakdanced to it. Jazz was at a concert and piped it back to base and it pissed off optimus Prime. THAT is the one bit of music I want with no dialoge over it. Just a nice long bit of it.

Tony B used it in Autobonics (my fav piece by him).

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i believe the peice of music you are refering to is the version of cold slither without the lyrics

here is the youtube link to the original version of the song as it was played originally on gijoe

YouTube - cold slither

as for the other version of it which you are talking about it was just the cold slither piece minus the vocal lyrics i think

7. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Someone more knowledgable would have to remind me, but were there issues with composers/copyright owners of the original cartoon soundtrack? To put it another way, assuming they have the tracks in decent quality for a release, do they own them? Regardless, they could make it a convention bonus or release it digitally if they didn't want to bother pressing CDs.

I've found some tracks available on the Internets, two in pretty good quality, the rest are less than stellar with obvious sound effects scrubbed out. Good enough for a fanboy though.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

What?! I've never heard of such thing... though it'd be nice if they could come out with an entire CD composed of nothing but all versions of the Transformers theme song. For some strange reason, the following Transformer TV themes are stuck in my head on more than one occasion:

-- G1 Third Season
    -- Animated
    -- Cybertron

9. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well there's that 5-disc Japanese set but as far as I know, the first two discs that're supposed to represent the "American cartoon" are mostly inspired by, not from; as they didn't change the incidental music track in their dub of the show.

Also, if someone DID release a CD of the American TF cartoon music, it'd probably share disc space with G.I. Joe since the two shared a lot of the incidental music.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too.

11. Chip Chase

Chip Chase New Member

Same here. I hope this happens.

12. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

If you are talking about the History set... there is nothing like the US music in it.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I know, I didn't say there was :p 

I think Chris might have a better idea of what exactly the music on the first two discs is.

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The booklet for that set said they WANTED to include the US background music, but they couldn't clear the rights, alas. The first disc of the set contains a bunch of original (dreadful) tunes composed by Ishida Katsunori "inspired" by the series.

15. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

So do I. Would love to see something like that happens.

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Hmm. There are two such songs that might fit this description. Jazz and Blaster always liked to blare 2 different songs. The humans usually liked it, and Prime really seems to hate it.

One song is "Cold Slither," but without words. I don't know if Cold Slither started in GI Joe and had the lyrics removed for TF, or if TF had it first and GI Joe just added words. It sounds a lot like "Rock the Kasbah," has a disco sound, and is used in both shows.

I don't know the name of the other one. It plays more often earlier in the series. It's almost entirely electric guitar, with some horns thrown in there. It plays a lot during that episode where Starscream and Soundwave open their evil dance club. Whereas "Cold Slither" sounds like disco, this song sounds like heavy metal (albeit weak heavy metal).

I don't think they're the same song. I agree that I'd like one (or both!) of them on a CD. Neither song ever plays in its entirety on the show. We would only hear a few seconds of it before the scene cuts, or someone shuts the music off, etc. And it always had dialogue or sound effects over it.

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They're not - that one dates back at least as far as "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends". Here's a long-ish use of it from an episode of that show: YouTube - Firestar - The Bride of Dracula[1]

18. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

HOLY CRAP.

and...is that Bumblebee and Frank Welker as Peter and Bobby?

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You must have a really weird perception of heavy metal, because the other piece of music they used for 'music' scenes in G1 was big band music, the sort you heard in the 40s, but with an electric guitar.

20. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no US G1 music on the discs because I have the set...it only contains G1 Japanese music.