Any Mac experts here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glhboy, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    So I received a new MacBook Air for Christmas and had always been a PC user. I ended up using Migration Assistant AFTER the initial setup of my new Mac to transfer files, pics, music, etc... to the new Mac. Well, after reading online that was a mistake because now I have created 3 users on my Mac and I should have used the Migration during initial setup.

Regardless, I'm wondering what the best way to have 1 user id is. Can these be combined or can I just start over by erasing whatever I have already put on my new Mac??

2. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Personally, I prefer a two user set up for my Macs; an admin account and a user account. I have it set up so that the computer always loads the user account on start up. That way if anybody other than me uses the computer they can't change any of my settings.

As for your particular situation, if you login as an admin, you can access the other user accounts and move the pictures, music, etc to the account you want them to be in and then delete the accounts you no longer want. If there are a lot of files spread all over the place, then you might want to restore the MacBook Air to factory defaults and start the migration process over.

Hope this helps.

3. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    thanks for the reply. I started doing this.