Any Luck Emulating Tataki (PS2) on PC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tresob, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that old Japanese Transformers game is supposed to be really, really bad...but I've been eyeballing some of the import listings on Amazon and feeling the itch to grab one.

Investing in a modded PS2 doesn't really appeal to me at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone has run the disk on any recently updated PS2 emulators for a PC with much luck.

2. ChrisMCNBVA

ChrisMCNBVA Active Member

I don't know about the disk but I do know the iso works on pcsx2. Not at a bad framerate either. I softmodded my ps2 for swapmagic and that was a great thing to do.

3. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply. The iso seems to be pretty hard to acquire on the Internet...not that I'd ever dream of illegally downloading a copy.

I guess if I buy the disk, I can rip it.

4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the game and it maintained my interest until the end, mostly because of the vast array of playable characters. I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get working :) 

5. blitzjoans

blitzjoans From Ground to Sky

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I played the game some years ago in a modded PS2, downloading the ISO was like 7 months in eMule. I think in PC works fine , in pcx2. But dont try to run the other game , Armada, its a beast even for PS2

6. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I've already played through Armada/Prelude to Energon on my PS2 with the original disk. I thought that was a great game--my only real complaint about it was it felt a little desolate. You were constantly encountering human habitations, but you never saw anyone around...and you only ever talked to your teammates over radio. It was a lot of fun, but seemed kind of lonely.

7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By far my favorite transformer game ever made

8. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I've just played about five minutes of the game. It is simultaneously one of the greatest and one of the worst video games I have ever played. It really deserves to be tweaked and re-released.

9. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I played the game on a modded flip-top PS2 with swap-magic to get the footage up on Youtube years ago, and a quick test on my laptop showed it does work emulated... tenuously. Honestly it's not worth it, the gameplay is so sluggish and clunky on it's own merits, and enemies will NOT leave you alone for a moment. The only thing worthwhile from the game is the story and it's utter cheesiness, and I have videos for anyone who cares about that. Being G1 is not a big enough saving grace, just stay away!

10. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow ! Our opinions on this game are completely opposite lol . I literally bought a jpns play station console only for this game and still do not have any other games for that console lol . I love this game but I'm not really a gamer . The playstation 2 was the last console I bought and I on,y have about ten games to go with it .

11. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not the most loyal or consistent gamer either, but I know a stinker when I play it. The main reason I even have the game was so I could archive it for the sake of public viewing, because as a game, transformers or otherwise, it's not great.

12. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    like I said, our opinions greatly differ on this

13. Megascream

Megascream bow before your new master

can u guys give me a link to download the game or is it just if u have the disk and have to burn it into the emulator