Anticipating the TF3 toyline.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblethumper, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Hasbro makes Bayformers-styled Bulkhead and Oil Slick for the TF3 toyline to compliment Lockdown and Lugnut from the current ROTF toyline, I will love them forever.

As much as I enjoy my Animated Shockwaves (I have the original gray one and the Target-exclusive purple one) I look forward to seeing how Shockwave and his respective toys will look.

I can tell you right now, once I get my hands on the current Leader Starscream, I will NEVER buy another Starscream toy of any kind again.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to the TF3 toyline as many of you are, but I'm NOT looking forward to all the unnecessary Bumblebee retools/repaints to come. We got way more than enough for the ROTF line. I also FEAR and DREAD all the potential shelfwarmers that'll clog the shelves at every toy store I go to.

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    The only thing I want out of the TF3 line is Optimus Prime's trailer.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So long as they can get a handle on the product quality and if they do make a character from the movie based on the vehicle mode they make it the right color unlike Blazemaster.

I agree with some that are saying they are looking forward to the off-screen characters a lot - me too.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    TF3 toyline makes me wanna cry, for that means generations will be put on hold......again....i'll buy movie figures for they look cool, but the movie lines make me wanna cry for having to wait for more classics/universe 2.0/generations figures

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'm very much looking forward to TF3 figures as the movie line was what got me interested in transformers again. Sorry, I didn't like much of anything from the Unicron triligy and Alternators didn't really impress me.

TFA was a lot of fun, and I was sad to see it go so soon, but even those toys didn't give me that feeling of a kid on chistmas morning that I got when the ROTF Deluxes started coming out.
    So yeah, I'm looking forward to that again.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm partly looking forward to it, but for the most part I'm not. Just too much of the same aesthetic with not enough of a brake between movies. However there are at least a couple of inevitable figures I'm looking forward to.

-Ferrari-bot- doesn't really matter who it is, just as long as the bot-mode turns out half-decent.

-Shockwave- hopefully this time the big baddy gets a Leader class figure, though I'd be ok if he just got a Voyager (especially if it guaranteed us a new and improved Leader class Megatron figure).

-Silverbolt- should be interesting to see what he looks like. Voyager would probably work well for him, depending on the alt-mode.

-Bumblebee- yeah, even though it is getting a little tiresome with all the different Bumblebee figures, I'm still looking forward to see what Hasbro does with him for TF3's toyline. Part of me is really hoping that the Datsun seen in some photos is Bee in a temporary disguise, and that Hasbro decides to produce a toy of him as it. While it would be cool to see, part of me doubts that the Human Alliance line will continue on for TF3. Though part of me hopes it does, and that we get some more Decepticons in it.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i had the exact opposite experience, animated, opening each one was like a birthday present, i spend days fiddling with each one, but ROTF, they just are like "meh same stuff as before" and end up on a shelf

8. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

Ferrari, check
    tricked out Merc, check
    Shockwave, Check Check Checkkity Check
    Others as they are revealed, check

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Scout: More kitchenbots

Deluxes: Ferraribot, Mercedesbot, Nascarbots, Datsunbot

Voyager: Soundwave, Tahoebot, remaining constructicons

Leader: Megatron, Shockwave, Silverbolt, Blackout

Supreme or above: Optimus Prime with Trailer

HA: Any other car that hasn't been made into an HA by that point.

10. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only thing I'm looking forward to with the next Movieverse toyline is what toy-only figures they produce this time... Honestly, figures like Prime, Ironhide and the many, many Bumblebee's we've gotten don't interest me in the least. But the non-movie stuff has been fantastic for ROTF, especially the Scouts we've gotten!

11. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I hope the make an Optimus with trailer, that'd be one big mofo.

I hope it's a new mold .... which it probably won't.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm definitely interested to see how, if at all, they handle Prime's trailer. Since for all we know at this point, it may only be there for a few brief scenes.

I really can't see it being sold separately as some have suggested. Takara might do that, but not Hasbro. They're not going to sell an incomplete toy.

I could see them doing an all new Optimus with trailer at Leader class, if the truck combines with trailer that is. Given the size of the trailer, I think the truck might end up around deluxe size. The only problem there is it might be difficult to integrate the two parts, while accommodating the electronics that are expected from Leader class.

As for doing a trailer to combine with the existing Leader Prime, that's a tough one. It might be possible at Ultimate/Supreme class as has been suggested, but given their recent track record in that class, I wouldn't hold out high expectations for such a figure. But I could definitely see Takara doing a trailer for the leader class, and selling it as some sort of masterpiece edition.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, that's easy! Soundbox a la G2!

"I AM OPI AM OPI AM OPTIMUS PRIME!"

14. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope that the Ferrari 458 Italia has a decent bot mode,And that Shockwave is done well.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I like larger toys so I hope there will be Unicron, Menasor and Defensor, Leader Soundwave. Leader Shockwave, Leader Megaron with more muscular arms, etc.

16. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Hey that's pretty good thinking, the trailer even has that extra bit with the bot symbol at the front of the trailer, G2-style. Though in this day and age, the gimmicks tend to be a bit more involved. Lights, sounds, moving parts.

It's funny how it could really go either way with the Ferrari's bot mode. You never know if it's gonna be some beady-eyed, knuckle-dragging weirdo with an obnoxious personality, or it could just be the sickest thing ever and we'll all be drooling over how awesome it is for years to come. Well, at least the altmode is guaranteed.

Shockwave, I have no great expectations for. So long as he looks nothing like The Fallen, I won't be too disappointed.

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care what we get as long as they are awesome and I can paint them :D  I love me some painting for accuracy sake.

18. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I'm going to be very curious about whether or not we get a toy of Optimus with the trailer. I suppose it all depends on it's function in the film. I would say depending on how prominent it is, but we got a toy of Jolt so who knows.

19. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I love it when big bots become big toys. But personally I hope there aren't too many heavy hitters in the movie, since the more there are, the less likely they'll do them justice. Just once I'd like to get a decent movie Megatron figure.

No matter how many big guys are in the film, there'll probably just be the one ultimate class figure, and the three Leader class figures, just like we always get. And out of those four, at least two will probably suck.

20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You mean Superion for the Airelbots.