Minor/Repaint: Another Siege Barricade repaint.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Al221, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Al221

Al221 #1 Blackout stan

Hi, so like most people, I felt Siege Barricade's paintjob was a little lacking. I also felt like he needed prowl's rifle. So I modified his appearance a bit. I took the gun off of my Siege Prowl and painted it black using Tamiya X-1 black acrylic paint and also the tip of his guns that he came with. Then I painted his forearms, some of his hips and belt using the same paint. I then added Tamiya X-2 white paint to the middle of his belt, his upper legs and his knees, I also did the side and back of his legs, but you can't see it in the photo... On a side note, I really didn't like Tamiya's white paint. Way too thin.so I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you are doing airbrushing. The black paint is nice though. I then did a black wash on his abs, the guns and his legs, as well as a silver wash by adding silver paint (revell acrylic) to water and I did the same with the black wash, with the same black paint, it was like 30% - 40% paint and the rest water, probably less paint with the silver wash. After I did that I did some drybrushing with the revell silver paint. I wanted it to look like he had been banging into barricades as per his backstory.

20191222_181506.jpg
    20191222_181303.jpg
    20191222_181243.jpg

So what do you think? I'm actually somewhat proud of this one. Although I think I could have done better if I were more experienced.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Al221

Al221 #1 Blackout stan

I also forgot to mention I painted the back vent things on the car mode red using Tamiya X-7 red paint.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Very cool