Another New TV Spot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusJet, May 30, 2014.

1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they all seem to have greenish/blue/teal goo on them. if you watch it in HD on a large screen it's clear that it's some sort of goo or coolant or lubrication.. or something. perhaps the dinobots are being held in some sort of stasis thing or something.. and this goo prevents rust and degradation. but it definitely does NOT look like paint.

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Not quite to scale. Spinosaurus was actually considerably larger than trex, but thinner and with a weaker build (designed to eat aquatic prey, rather than ambushing and taking down armored ceratopsians). Strafe's body should be roughly the size of an 11year old human (with beak nearly as long as body), wings extend 20 feet. Slug is a hard one,since he is equal parts triceratops, ankylosaur, and stegosaur... So... He's to scale as a monstrous hybrid. Utahraptors were about 8ft high, 15 feet long (I've stood next to their replicated fossils in utah... Might seem small compared to a trex, but you'd crap yourself if you saw one!).

One thing to remember when you see dinosaur sizes... Particularly with theropods and sauropods, is that average lengths included tail, which on many dinosaurs could be half to 2/3 the length of the body...

3. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone make a gif the dinobots rolling out

4. optimus1978

optimus1978 Member

OMG!!!! This just made my day. AMAZING!!!

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Fucking woke up to this. Holy SHIT why can't june 27th be here already???

6. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Spinosaurus Aegypticus was bigger than T Rex in build too. The only weaker element was the head area with T Rex a much more powerful animal in terms of bite force. There were smaller spinosaurs though. Like Baryonyx. In any case, Scorn looks to be a large theropod but slightly smaller than Grimlock or similar in size.

These are only loosely related to dinosaurs though. Their designs are a hybrid of known species, but also cybertronian in aesthetics and upscaled in size dramatically to be relative to normal sized TFs as dinosaurs are to humans. The results being that the Dinobots are truly colossal.
    They look great. I hope the others are in it. A relative sized sauropod Dinobot would be gigantic.

7. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was awesome.

They mashed that trailer together perfectly. Sadly, I doubt it will be as dramatic in the movie because it just can't be. Sure, OP will say "roll out" but that will be most likely when they are standing around or getting ready to leave, etc. It was a very, very cool TV spot scene none the less.

I also hope that Dinobot running scene on the bridge is several seconds longer in the film. It was quite spectacular!!!!!

Scorn is definitely red or has some red tint to him. You could also see the red in the other TV spot that was released yesterday where you could just make out his spines behind Grimlock. You could see the red on him there as well. I made a screen shot of it.

8. quadropl

quadropl Scientist of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Possibly... an intriguing twist would be if Galvatron and Megatron both gain sentience at the same time. Then we could have two Decepticon leaders fighting it out during the next film with the Autobots desperately trying to protect the humans.

10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    slag's mouth is fucking horrifying holy shit.

i love the attention to detail with how scorn's body moves and swoop's wings flap.

11. Browns2212

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My question is, what changes the Autobots (OP in particular) minds? They seem to have given up hope on humans, at least in the beginning of this movie. Does Cade persuade OP? There is the line in the trailer when Cade says to trust in who we can be or something like that.

12. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the shot with Cade saying "he need our help" or when Cade says "how about human help?" Sure seems like Cade is all about proving to OP and the Bots that they need human help just as much as the humans need their help.

13. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be really cool!

14. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

It looks like Scorn might actually be red...

Edit: Wasn't paying attention, it's already been said that they all have faded colors.

15. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    I know this is off-topic, but I have been looking for that word... FOREVER!

16. Browns2212

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    :lol 

18. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Looks good - but starting to look like these are the only Dinobots in the movie. Shame for Sludge (Slog?) and the Stegosaurus guy. No Slash either... so far.

19. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

They could be keeping them for the movie...though that is what we said before and then we got Slug and Scorn in the new TV spots...

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, could be - but I keep thinking back to the packaging inserts for the TF4 toys that have all the dinobot designs in them... they had Grimlock, Slog, Strafe, Scorn and Slash... you would think that if brontosaurus and stegosaurus TFs were in the movie, they would have been included... they seemed like such late reveals that there would be no way they would be in the movie... but that's just me.