Annihlation prologue (undoubtedly containing spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SubotaiBaghatur, Mar 17, 2006.

1. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Did anyone else like it? Its only been one issue so far, but I enjoyed the first issue far more than any part of maximum security. I have to say, I am eagerly looking forward to the crossover issues, hopefully they have the smart writing that the prologue did. Seeing annihlus have a larger than life type of role in the story was cool, and the glimpses into the other galactic heavyweights being invloved (Drax and Nova), or merely spectating (Thanos) really sets a tone that I enjoy. I can see this series picking up steam as the spectating characters become involved, all said, this looks more promising to me that civil war. Also, Keith Giffen is rapidly becoming one of my favorite writers.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Loved it. Loved seeing Nova shine, he's always been a favorite. I'm looking forward to this more than Civil War.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I think I'll wait for the TPBs. I have a limited budget, and I'm expanding my Comics buying for the duration of Civil War, so I don't want to buy even more comics than that.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I believe cosmic events are one of the areas where Marvel really shines. It's one of the things Marvel really has over DC. I love IC and all, but you can tell they aren't as adept at these types of things. A majority of their big cosmic events have all had to do with the original Crisis in some way. One of the few exceptions was Our Worlds at War. That on the other hand just felt like a ripoff of a Galactus storyplot.

It's kind of ironic if you think about it.

5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is Nova a "Cosmic" Character? I just remember him from New Warriors in the 90s and nothing special....

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Oh yeah! Nova is part of the Nova Corps. Similar to the Green Lantern Corps, but a little more militaristic.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Nova Corps were all killed off (Except Rich) in the Prologue

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Again? That already happened once.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem I had with the intro issue is that it did nothing to make me want to pick up any of the other limiteds. Obviously its hard to set up all the series equally but after reading the intro i'm only slightly curious about Ronan and Nova. It's like the writer said oh crap I forgot about surfer lets give him a page. Oh and am I the only one that like misses the original Drax? He always struck me as Bizarro Hulk but now he feals like this I'm a bad ass guy from the 90's.

The only thing thats keeping me from walking away from this story is the possibility Thanos will be a major player. Also whats up with all this multiple limited series crap? Countdown to crisis, Seven Soldiers, House of M and now this. I blame age of apocalypse for this and I would just rather have one Annihlation book come out weekly. It allows for a clear set order of events and less filler but sells the same amount of books. If you look at all the really loved event stories the best are always self contained like Infinity guantlet, Secret Wars, or Identity Crisis

10. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I bought it I only recognized nova and thanos. I guess it was cool. I'm only going to pick up the silver surfer and Super skrull mini's.