Annihilation #4 *large, huge, massive spoilers*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Max Con, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Max Con

Max Con Powa, geysuh!

There's a guy on the GameFAQs Comic Boards who gets Annihilation a week early, and he just got #4 ... and let me tell you, I'm not happy.

Whoever wants to know why, read on;

And I can't believe they did that... And it looks like it might actually stick.

Seriously, I keep thinking the series jumped the shark and every damned issue is better than the next, but the ending on this issue may be the clincher.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS DAMMIT

Moondragon finds out Annihilus' real plan: To use Galactus to destroy both the regular universe and the Negative Zone so that only Annihilus remains. Knowing this Thanos decides to release Galactus (which only HIS power signature can do). Meanwhile Drax has been making his way toward Thanos to kill him, getting a strange energy signature as he approaches Thanos. Thanos is about to free Galactus when Drax shows up, disables Moondragon and charges Thanos' force field. Thanos sees Death staring and him and goes "I know" at which point Drax shoves his hand through his chest and pulls his heart out. I repeat, Drax shoves his hand through Thanos' chest and pulls out his heart. Drax shoves his hand through Thanos' chest and pulls out his heart!

Most of the time I don't really mind when they kill a character ... but this was one of my personal favorites.

They better bring him back. :( 

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Not that I care for space stories or this story at all but...

is this the last page when it happens? because then it could all be changed or an illusion. Who knows.

Heroes for Hire captured Cap last issue only to repeal it this issue. If it lasts more than 1 issue, then I will accept it.

3. Max Con

Max Con Powa, geysuh!

Yeah, it's the last page. While he's laying there dying he mutters "... interesting" so it really could go either way or be part of his plan or something ... but that may just be me being optimistic.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh wow! I can't believe if Marvel really kills off Thanos but after going head to head with other Marvel cosmic characters and even surviving through "cosmic battles", a simple hand into chest death for Thanos is kind of lame!

As for Annihilus' plan to use Galactus...its also kind of lame and yet cool. Lame because this series seems to give the impression that Galactus is beatable and good in the sense that the big G (my second fave cosmic character) is still a force to reckon with.

Thanks for posting the spoilers by the way, Max Con!

5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanos will be back, he's been killed before, and is known to use clones, time travel, demensional travel, etc etc. So he won't be gone for to long, Also there is his relationship with Death to consider.

6. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

This is quite off topic, but when did Drax go from the ******ed Hulk look alike to the seemingly intelligent ass kicker I've seen in Annihilation?

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

are you sure he was a ******ed Hulk wannabe....maybe he never was...this is Marvel we're talking about, maybe that part of his life never happened.

But i think it happened during his Drax title. i could be wrong though.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    **SPOILERS**

In total exactness:

Thanos: "It. Can't. Be."

He sees Death, who smiles back to him.

Thanos: "I know."

*CHAKT!*

Drax's fist is sticking out of the front of his chest, holding his heart.

Thanos: ".......Interesting."

Thanos slides off of Drax's arm and thuds, looking quite the goner.

**END SPOILERS**

I for one...dunno how to take it. Annihilation's done really well so far, and if they can use this plotpoint without pissing me off it -will- have trounced Civil War.

9. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    That's how I feel, I don't know how to take it. It's a very well done death scene, but something's nagging at the back of my head...

One thing I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE OF though - when Thanos gets back (even if he's intended to stay dead here, the moment Starlin touches a Marvel book he'll be back), it should NOT be because he "planned for this". It should not be because a clone died instead of the real deal (damn Slott bringing that crap up again. Thanos should have been embargoed for Annihilation from any other book and damn the other books). It should all be tied into Death's smile.

His own miniseries (also written by Giffen) a year or so back (which was also where Cammi came from). It'll be collected in the first Annihilation HC along with Ann:p rologue and Ann:Nova.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

how actually did he become smarter and skinnier. The dumb and big version keeps popping in my head.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Man...I simply got to check this issue out this coming weekend...this is one of the better series that marvel has put out in recent times.

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Daaamn straight. One of the best parts of that scene is the art. Thanos just looks like... "WTF?? Okay. Let's see."

13. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I just love the "Oh Snapness" of the ending. It's sort of crazy how Drax finally killed Thanos at just the wrong moment. Had he waited five minutes it would have been fine.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    This is one "plot twist" I like - Thanos is a villian that everyone (well almost everyone) dislikes but he was like the only one who could have freed Galactus. What an irony...

15. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Man, now I wish I was keeping up with this. Yeah a fan of Thanos so hearing this sucks but with Death smiling it could be a sign she may let him return.

I do agree though when I think of Drax I think of the big brute that swallowed an Infinity Gem and later in IW was kicked in the gut by Gamora and fired it out of his mouth. (now is that green skinned hottie still around and living?)

Sounds 20x for interesting then Civil War to me. Well Untill the Real Thor comes back, beats the clone into a bloody pile of ooze and then smash's Tony "I should stayed a drunk dumbass instead of a nutball" Stark's head in with his hammer Make Mine DC :p  (Yeah I couldn't think of something for Reed since him and Stark both made the fake Thor)

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Man, I hope Marvel do as everyone expects in the Civil War storyline and is let the Hulk kick the collective butts of the pro-registration team! Especially with the the "Planet Hulk" storyline concluding soon...

17. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

We will probably see hulk kick the pro-regs ass in World War Hulk which is due next summer, If memory serves

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Woot! Glad to see that's being confirmed...I want to see Hulk kicking Tony and Richards' collective butts for the screw-job they did on him and what they have been doing in Civil War!

19. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Gamora's still around. Though they seem to have retconned her from what I remember of the Infinity Gauntlet and following stories. Moondragon (Drax's daughter) also plays a role in Annihilation. Those are the only ones from the Infinity team making an appearance so far, that I recall.