1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor/Repaint: animation PotP Swoop and Slag

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by LongarmMagnus, Feb 13, 2018.

1. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Function: Emoticon Commander

Some folks liked the photo I put on the PotP Appreciation page so figured I'd share a few more. I made a few more changes in the name of accuracy!! Or at least what works for me.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  2. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

Why is this post not filled to the brim with praise for your work? Very well done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Function: Emoticon Commander

Thanks. If you've yet to do this yourself I recommend it. The Metallic Silver I used is difficult to remove, so the paint doesn't rub or scratch off. I just picked up a $2 marker from Walmart and used a medium brush and thin brush for the details.

I got the gold and blue marker at Wally's as well. The gold blends in better in-person, the camera makes it look a little darker.

Edit: Also a red marker. When painting areas red, first paint it silver as a base coat (Swoop's head. Otherwise the red paint kinda "pools" unevenly on gloss black paint. For some reason the red paint will cover the silver paint evenly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Excellent work! Both of those look great!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximal Prime

Maximal Prime Active Member

Ebay:
    Wait a minute...you flipped the wings on Swoop. Holy hell, that's genius. How difficult was that? I was looking to try to find a way to incorporate his old G1 bomb launchers on the wings, now I just might recreate your mod and drill a tiny hole or something. Well done, those look great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gosh i wish i could get my slag head off to strip the paint. i have tried several times to remove the pins and even tried to get something behind the head to just pop it off the mushroom peg but have had no luck. :( :( :( 

8. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well i finally got the head off and now i cant get the damn paint off of it............:banghead: :banghead: 
    i have let it sit in alcohol for over 24 hours, i have used goo gone and nail polish remover and scrubbed it with a toothbrush and it still has 75% of the paint on it.......ahhhhhh im so ready for this to be done and over with. it has been a nightmare.

9. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ahh i finally said to hell with it and just ordered me a mechfans toys slag. i like it better and it already has a too accurated color scheme. im getting tired of having to fix hasbros crap.