By Generation: Animated Wreckgar gets upgraded (ball joint neck and switchable faction symbols)

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by dare, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've done 2 tweaks to my animated Wreckgar.

1. Ball jointed head.
    Since I first got the toy, I've always been bothered by the basic turning neck. Wreckgar's one of those quirky characters that really could have used a ball-jointed neck for more expressiveness.

So I took him apart and redid his neck. I can tell you dismantling his head is a bit of a bitch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chest symbols!

I loved the bit on the show where he keeps puling out faction symbols to plant on his chest. Too bad the toy didn't incorporate that feature it would have been fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The good news is that behind his chest there is a cavity for a slim magnet, so I glued one I got from those blinky light badges things into him, and made faction symbols out of reprolabels, sheet pvc and some bendy wire from Cyclonus' twist ties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They store inside his garbage unit in vehicle mode, using some magnetic strips.
    [​IMG]
    There's actually a lot of space in there even in truck mode. I wanna try to add a few more accessories like junk stop signs or whatever.

I just used a pair of pliers to bend them into tiny squares, then superglued that to the backs of the symbols.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.