Animated, where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Aug 27, 2010.

?

What are you looking for with the rest of Animated?

1. It was a good ride, I'm okay with the line officially being done.

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. I want to pick up a few more pieces from the Japanese line, and I'll call it quits.

29 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. I am not happy unless we get Thundercracker and Wasp.

35 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    I plan to MAYBE get Wingblade Op and Jetpack BB from the Takara line, but they have horrible paint. I'm hoping that Thundercracker, Wasp, Wingblade Prime and Hydro BB without the random transparent plastic and blindingly shiney paint.

But overall, aside form maximum FIVE (still need Electrostatic Soundwave) figures I need to get, I'm finished, and am totally fine.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    where is the tab to vote for wish there was a u.s wingblade prime set.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just got rodimus and it makes me want more....damn awesome toy....

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I have Arcee now, and I just ordered a Rodimus and Ironhide which are due any day.

I want Thundercrack so I have a full line up of original seekers, and I can live without owning Blackout or Cliffjumper I guess.

If I do get either of the two, it'll be Cliffjumper, just because his scale will be more in line with the rest.

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I still think Hasbro will try to do it's best to release some of the remaining figures. They've all gone through the full production process so surely Hasbro would want to find a way to make a profit off them.

It's not that unlikely to think that someday we might get a new Animated figure or two in the Generations line is it?

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Still gonna pick up Hasbro Rodimus an Takara Wingblade Prime & Jetpack Bee.
    Wish we'd have gotten more figures out of the line but I'm very pleased with what we did get.

Although I'm still sad we never got an accurate grey Starscream out of the deal. Was totally expecting Takara to do that but all they did was add random blingness..

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After I get Wingblade Prime from Takara, the only thing I can hope for is for one of our industrious third party developers to make us a Powermaster Prime from the Allspark Almanac drawings. And Marauder Megatron and Hot Shot. And Earth-mode Ironhide.

Beyond that, mourn TF: Animated's passing, and hope that Prime's writing is just as good.

8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'll never be happy with Animated ending, at least Thundercracker and Wasp are easy customs to make, but the line was so strong and the story had so much potential etc.. etc..

To be honest, I'm just happy the show even existed.

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to be able to get Rodimus and Ironhide soon. After that, I'd really really like it if they release Voyager Thundercracker (and by 'they', I mean Hasbro, I'd prefer their matte finish over Takara's shiny).

Then I'm done unless they do happen to release Wasp, I'd grab him. Then I'm done... unless Hasbro releases Wingblade Prime, I'd consider grabbing that one. Then I'm done.. no I'm serious this time... unless...Omega Supreme, but that is 99.9% never going to happen.

10. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it a known fact that Wingblade's pack can attach to the Voyager?

On-topic,

I just want Thundercracker and Blackout, then I can lay the line to rest.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    That is a known fact. The pack is being sold by Takara with the voyager Prime mold.

12. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I just got Ironhide this morning so I'm pretty much done. I've been thinking about getting Takara Blackout, but it's a little pricey and moneys a little tight right now. As far as new Hasbro molds, if them make 'em good for those who want them, but of the known unreleased toys I'm not interested in any of them (cept Blackout).

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If it becomes impossible to track down some of the last molds as TRU exclusives, I may turn to the Takara versions.

But all in all my feeling is that it was a fun ride, and I'm ready to move on to see what TF: Prime will have to offer.

14. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I'd be happy with US versions of Voyager Blackout & Thundercracker and deluxe Wing Blade Prime.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see more from animated but I'm just glad that it's gone on as long as it did, a Strika would have been more awesome than Blackout but it just meant I get to save money. I'll await my Takara Rodimus to arrive and might leave him MISB until a rainy day so I will always have something to look forward to opening.

(then again, I might just open him so I can experience his awesomeness)

16. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I'd love to see some new deluxes sprinkled into Generations. No interest in the planned repaints. Though I was planning on buying Wingblade Prime/Hydrodive Bumbles...

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I like to think that a few years from now a little nostalgia will get us some more Animated designed toys in a Generations-ish line or something.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I would have loved an Animated Cyclonus. But I understand the reasons why we didn't get one.

Who knows, as Wollstone said, Animated might get some more love in the future, like Beast wars did in Universe with a couple of molds.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    I think I'm good, R.I.P Animated.

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Hasbro is able to get the last few new molds (Blackout, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive BB), and the more important repaints (Thundercracker), out as exclusives somehow. However, if they did come out and say "we can't find a spot for these, show's over folks", I'd be fine with that. Animated had a good run, some of the figures that looked to be in danger of cancellation have been released and basically all of the important members of the show cast got toys. Also, TBH, my enthusiasm for Animated has cooled a lot since the cartoon ended, so I can't get too worked up about whether or not the rest of the toys come out.