Animated Two-Pack Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 19, 2008.

1. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    it means both are homage to G1? Megs grey allover, prime have a smokestack?

2. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    My only problem with it outside of the BD is Primes eyes. Still this is probably the only animated thing I'm getting.

3. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

Ditto!:rolleyes2 

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looks pretty cool. Probably going to get it.

5. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

I wonder if the show-accurate axe from this set will fit in Voyager Prime's hand. It looks big enough to be a nice size for the voyager.

6. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

damn i want these toys~~

7. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The pack looks great and all. Just interesting that Earth Prime never fights Cybertron Megatron. They should have done a deluxe earth prime with deluxe earth megs instead. Megatrons transformation looks barely different. Donno if I want these or the voyagers. I know I'll end up with both in the long run haha.

8. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    But why package Earth mode Prime with Cybertron mode Megatron?? Would make more sense to package the Cybertron mode Prime with it since it too is a deluxe. I don't know, maybe this means that the two will square off and Megatron will fight with his old body once before scanning the osprey. Though I highly doubt that one.

9. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

Now that could look cool. You could have Voyager Prime holding this axe and wearing the other as wings.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  $120 with over 6 days left, and for all we know this set will be out as a preview in the next month or two. Personally, I'd rather blow large chunks of money on really old toys than really new ones who's value will only rapidly depreciate.

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i think knowing they were not going to release the line for a while it would make sense for an early release for something like this

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Heh. Well, I didn't say *I* was going to buy it. But if you're desperate....

14. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    OMG OMG OMG. well. guess which version of Cybertron Megs I'M getting.. hehe... no doubt that's the sweetest looking Megatron i've ever seen. and Prime too... shit man... can these REALLY look that good? :: checks pants for Transgasm... seems ok for now :: holy MF-in' hell. well anyway, i'm sold. AND.... anyone seen the FP of Earth-mode megs? i'm SOLD. damnit... i think this might be the happiest this collector has been in a long time. Movie stuff, Cybertron, Alternators... hell even Armada and Energon.... all.... just... u know.. OK. i collected only my favourites of those lines.... but THIS? MUST HAVE ALL. and i've just seen Lockdown on the Animated show... and if i didn't want him before, i MUST have him now. such a BAD-ASS!!!

Till All are MINE!!!

-A.S.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

On one hand, I love that some fans jump the gun and then share with us...

...on the other, I will never understand why anyone pays that much to get figures early.

16. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    After reading the thread, checking the pics and studying the Voyager Megs pics, I gotta agree this looks more like a new mold than a remold.

In HerosToyMaker's auctions it was stated that Deluxe Cybertronian OP was 15cm high, while Voyager Cybertronian Megs was 17.5cm high ... that's 1 inch there, so it seems both could pass as the same size class on this 2-pack; but I don't see that big difference in height there ... add to that the reported price on the 2-pack, and I'm pretty sure these two toys are Deluxe sized ... or perhaps, even smaller.

No matter what size they are, they look like different toys ... enough for me to want them. :) 

-airfox

17. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whew took a long time to finish reading this thread. From the pictures I've seen it does look like this 2-pack megatron is not the same as Voyager Cybertron-mode megatron. There are some minor differences in the legs and hands. As for Optimus, he looks to have the same transformation as deluxe cybertron-mode Optimus but just have a different facia. So, Prime looks to be a re-mold but Megatron looks to be a brand new mould.

This actually reminds me of the TF Classics 2-pk of Optimus and Megatron (w/DVD). Optimus was a new mold but retained the same trailer configuration. Megatrong was also a new mold but in his G2 tank configuration. They weren't really tied to the "core" line of classics but was sort of an extra.

This Animated 2-pack may be in teh same vein. This is the first time I've seen prototype pictures of the box so i don't think it'll be stores any time soon and certainly not much earlier than the end June date Hasbro has mentioned.

It may be possible that this preview pack comes out in June while the rest of the full line comes out in August. Only way to tell is what does the store inventory computer say? Anyone can check?