Animated Two-Pack Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

I might geet this over the single ones.. unless this is a big exclusive like the ratchet and megs for best buy... then I'll pass. If it's an exclusive to something else llike target I might like it .

any set date?

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I want one. Really bad T_T. Gives Cybby mode prime a face guard and an earth mode G1ish orion pax when head switched xD.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Awesome set. :rock 

4. neocon

neocon Well-Known Member

Are these deluxe or voyager sized versions?

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Deluxe. There's discussion about this on the last several pages.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I'm not 100% sure, Prime seems to be a Deluxe, and Megs seems to be a Voyager (fits in with what we were told early on about the 2-pack having a Deluxe and a Voyager in it). We won't really know till we either get something official from Hasbro saying what size classes, we see some pictures of them out of the box and next to some figures we know the size classes of, or a board member happens to get one early and posts a feedback thread about it (could even go as far as waiting till they officially come out till we finally know what size class these two are).

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    when does this series expect to be on US shelves?

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The battle damage on Leno Prime is awful.

9. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Really going to be annoyed if these 2 count towards the 15 deluxes number as it bumps out potentially figures of unique characters from getting toys, I think 2 versions of each of the leaders was enough this is ridiculous and considering Megatrons colours and Primes sculpt not actually appearing at any time in the toon this seems to be pure pointless fanwank I would have much proffered toys of the the 2 characters that are going to miss out on figures for these ridiculous sculpts.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They don't count towards the Deluxes (or the Voyagers, as I still think that this Megs could be Voyager sized). The listing that told us how many of each size class in this line and the Universe line had this 2-pack listed seperatley.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    This Megatron appears to be identical to the Voyager one (Formas even has a pic right there to look at) aside from the battle damage. I'm not going to speculate over Prime's size because I quite frankly don't like the appearance of it with ANY degree of battle damage enough to care.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Out of boredome, I've decided to come up with a little comparison picture of the 2 Megatron figures that we've seen so far (this one and the regular Voyager one), to show the differences between the two of them. I personally thinkt hat there are enough differences to concider this 2-pack Megatron his own mold, seperate from that of the Voyager Megs that we've seen before this.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/MegatronComparisonPicture.jpg

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd call remold and nothing more, even after seeing those. Packaging shots are hit or miss, most times (Protoform Starscream, anyone?)... And nothing says Heerotoysmaker transformed his Megatron completely correctly for those pics. And we all know how Hasbro is. Money > all, and they wouldn't have 2 Megatron molds for the same size class in the beginning of a line.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    They're clearly two different molds, as Ravenx17 pointed out. Even factoring in Hasbro's knack for printing pics of mistransformed figures, it's still pretty obvious that this 2-pack Deluxe version of Megs is not just a shrunken down version of his Voyager version.

So that means that we now have 3 versions of Megatron - Deluxe 2-Pack Cybertron mode, Voyager Cybertron mode and Voyager Earth mode, and 3 versions of Prime - Deluxe 2-Pack Earth mode, Deluxe Cybertron mode and Voyager Earth mode...?

What about that rumored 2-Pack of Cybertron & Earth mode Prime's?

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. Wether he's downsized, I'm not 100% sure of yet, but, it's definetly a possibility (I'm going to wait till we get more info on the 2-pack, and possibly more pictures to see if he is or not). Either way, he definetly does have enough differences to be counted as a new mold. We could also easily see at least one more version of each Prime and Megs in the Animated Activators sub-line of the Animated toyline (my theory is that they're FAB like Animated toys), and also a possible 4th toy for Prime, in the form of the Roll-Out and Command Optimus Prime that we saw a listing of.

Hmm...never heard of that one before. Maybe it was fan specualtion? I'm not sure, but, that one's definetly one I haven't heard of till now.

16. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Must Have Now!!

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    There was another thread a week or two ago talking about it - something along the lines of there supposedly being a Prime 2-pack featuring Deluxe versions of his Cybertron mode and battle damaged Earth mode (aka the one in THIS pack). That never made sense to me since it seemed redundant, and now seeing this 2-pack, I think it was probably just misinformed speculation.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Megatron is a new mold. Look at the feet and shins. Voyager Megatron's shins turn into the wings. Those same wings on the 2 pack Megatron are behind the feet in robot mode.

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I may get this set for the Megatron. I'll have to see it in person first.
    What is this fascination Hasbro has with battle damage? Does anyone actually like it?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I do. Yeah, it's not realistic, and Prime's does kinda look like symbiote goop, but, it fits the Animation style, imo, and looks pretty cool on the figures.