Animated Two-Pack Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it's actually a general release (like the normal Deluxes and Voyagers), as there really aren't any reasons, imo, to think it's a store Exclusive. If anything, I hope it's a Target Exclusive, as TRU Exclusives are hard to come by around here, and I simply don't shop at Walmart anymore.

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Battle damage figs already and we don't even have the regular toys out yet. Hopefully we will be getting the non-battle damaged figures seperately.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Nice.

If this is the same price as Megatron alone, I'll pick it up.

Otherwise I won't.

4. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

I'm undecided. basing it on 2 things:
    When it comes out. If I can't get the figures until August (unless they have them at SDCC) Then I'll buy this to hold me over.

What the DVD is. If it IS the movie, I'm buying it, no questions. If it's one episode, It'll just depend on the first factor.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be gettin' it.

... and I'll probably be getting it again when they eventually release un-damaged versions.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Is this supposed to be the preview figure(s) we'd been hearing about before?

Wouldn't mind picking this up if it is out before the other figures..but if it won't be out until June when the line is launched I'm passing.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Canada the Animated Voyagers are 29$ and the packs is 29$ too so I guess they're voyager priced.

8. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i suppose if these are preview toys than the battle damage works out as it gives them a sort of 'aside of the main line' feel, i hope hasbro keep the core figures as is and concentrate on developing new characters and new toys.

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'll definately pass on these, I prefer the clean versions. I wouldonly buy them if they are really cheap.

10. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'll be skipping this set in favor of waiting for the toy of Megatron's Earth-mode, since that body is likely to see more action and more airtime, and getting the Voyager version of Optimus Prime, 'cause you can choose between the faceplate and the sexy blue face. Also they should be bigger, unless they suffer from "Bulkheaditis" or "BeastMachines Megatrontatus", which I hope isn't the case.

Off-topic, but does anyone think Animated will get a proper DVD release of the entire series?

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Why are so many people saying that Megatron is a deluxe?

Looking back to the pictures Heerotoysmaker posted on ebay with the heights annotated, there was only a 2cm difference between deluxe and Voyager Megs.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Umm...we haven't seen any pictures that show how tall this 2-pack Megatron is, only what size the Voyager Cybertronian Megs is. These are the first pictures of this Megs that we've ever seen (other than the one that was in the magazine, which was at one point posted on the net, but was taken down).

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Doesn't look good for Prime. :lol 

Cutting steel vs no known weaknesses. Firefighter vs genius.

Lil' mismatched is all.

14. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

Oh, HELLS, yes.
    This is a definite purchase for me.
    The battle damage is funky, but I love it.
    Now the question remains...

Just how long do we have to wait until we get it...?

15. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

For those talking about the 'clean' version or other versions of these deluxes, we have not seen any other versions of these two figures.

There is a voyager sized class of both Earth Prime and Cybertron Megs that look rather similar to these BUT ARE VOYAGERS AND NOT THE SAME FIGURES.

This Megs has various differences to his appearance for example, as in his head, his hover-propellors (see heels of feet), colouring, his gun, and a bit more basic of a look overall.

16. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    hey guys i was able to get a copy of a promo dvd for transformers animated which i think may be the one going to be released in this set. it contains the first episode of the series titled "The Battle Begins" the episode finishes at the point in the movie when the caption "50 years later" appears on screen then a voice over explains whats going to happen after that along with a couple of scenes from the first 4 episodes (i think) then after that point it shows the full version of the first trailer from comicon( the video camera one) its a cool dvd hope the series gets a release on dvd at some point.

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    My point was that the Voyager Cybertron Megatron isn't much bigger then the deluxe Cybertron Prime in bot mode so isn't inconcievable to think that this is a deluxe & Voyager set rather then two deluxes.

Especially as the Megs here and the seperately packaged Voyager Megs share so many parts.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, that makes a bit more sense. You should have added Prime in between deluxe and and, so that people would know you were talking about those figures, instead of two Megatron figures. Also, comparing pictures of the regular Cybertronian Megs, and this 2-pack Megs, I see that there are enough differences to count him as his own mold (kinda like the differences between the 2 Deluxe Prime's). It might just be the angle of his alt-mode on the back of this box, but, his alt-mode actually makes his Earth alt-mode make a bit more sense now (looks a bit more like the basic shape of a helicopter to me).

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

There are also various differences though. This same sort of debate got raised when we first saw the pics of the battle-damaged earth Prime a week or so ago (previously we had only seen a voyager earth Prime and this one looked similar but...)

However the main point on which I'd have to say these are definately two dexlues is the price point, for which the CDN price point was revealed a couple of weeks ago and FP'd. The cdn price point on this is $30, in Canada a deluxe is $15, a voyager $30. There's no way they'd package a voyager and a deluxe with a price point of $30 here. The PP would be $40 or $45. Also, the classics Megs n Prime dvd 2 pack (the crappy one) was $30 here and those two figs can barely even be called deluxes.

20. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool! Might have to get this!