Animated Transformers Movie Set In Cybertron Is In The Works

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 23, 2018.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    To sum up my feelings;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    “He is always right” is the WRONG thing I wanted to hear from someone involved in creative decisions on Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Please let Travis Knight do it! Pleeeease! Please let him just reboot the franchise too while we're at it. A Bayformer film set on Cybertron would be a visual mess of the most monstrous proportions. We wouldn't have two Junkyards having seks with each other as they so aptly described in the Honest Trailer for RotF ; this would be 10,000 Junkyard orgies all happening at once! How is that not going to give everyone seizures trying to figure out what's going on, lol.
    Seriously though, given how overwhelmingly positive fans have responded to the Cybertron scene in this BB movie, they'd be pretty dumb to not keep things moving in this direction. While I'd have them push the G1 aesthetic a bit further, I think Knight made a good compromise look for them.

And on the note of a film about Optimus; they need only follow Joseph Campbell's model of the Heroes Journey. A protagonist has to grow into a great hero. They have to learn along the way, through overcoming obstacles, gaining wisdom, learning. That is all the template a writer needs to craft a good and entertaining heroic adventure. One need look no further than Luke's journey in OT Star Wars. (the new ST Star Wars is fanfic and thus doesn't count, lol)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Sounds like it might have potential! Although, I wonder whether they mean the history of the war, or the story of the Thirteen, when they say "mythology"?

As for an Optimus movie, as others have said, it could work well done in the vein of a western, or even one of Captain America's MCU outings.

....Perhaps set it during the early period where Optimus has just taken command of the Autobots, and have Sentinel Prime loyalists/hardliners attempt a coup. The traitors would provide a reflection of Prime's inner self-doubt, and add the 'political thriller' aspect, where noone is sure who is in on the assassination attempt against Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you? Because Our Optimus Origins we have in the lore are

1- Horribly badly baked idea where librarian suddenly becomes a badass because he's chosen because he uuuhh had decent opinions so the senate decided he could take a crack at being President Pope

2- Horribly badly baked idea where dock worker suddenly becomes an elite soldier.

3- Horribly badly baked idea where police officer spends his entire life doubting himself, making melodrama the meaning of his life in a plot that would bore every single movie goer that isn't a nerd.

In all of the above his dialogue is trash, because not a single writer he's had so far was an actualy competent poet, so even his speeches end up cliche and silly.

Optimus Prime is historically the big good guy leader that sells toys by being good and leader-y, that's what he's always been good at, his actualy solo-character drama has always been fucking bland and dour and has only been decent in stuff like TFA where he's written like a completely different character anyway.

If they want to do a Optimus movie it WILL take creativity, it IS tricky, because doing a straight interpretation of him for a solo movie WILL lead to something so boring it has higher chances of killing the franchise than re-hiring Michael Bay to do the Unicron thing. They need to find a good idea that makes him feel relatable and warm to a general audience that isn't composed of people that already go "well in one of the old comic books that only nerds read Optimus once..."

• Like Like x 4
  6. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Wait what do you mean by "animated"? Would it be computer generated with realistic live-action feel?

7. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is always right..killing disabled pleading villans, taking faces...
    He is a man of few words..."Give me your face"

also man of few words? he speaks more than any other transformer in the History of this franchise...except maybe Blur lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Markatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Shadowplay? I'm guessing you're not referring to my YouTube series lol

9. Markatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well Bumblebee is a man of NO words...

10. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Optimus being "boring" fucking idiots.
    Optimus vs Motormaster in a western setting, hell yes.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Have Travis Knight make both cybertron and solo Prime movies, let him take ALL the time he wants and needs. Let's not rush into this and I trust him. We are in good hands if him and his production company are involved.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

You mean the villains that were pleading for their lives in the middle of the city they helped destroy, after they betrayed their side and murdered their own? Sentinel had it coming.

On another subject, I think what Lorenzo was trying to get at is that Optimus isn't the standard Marvel quippy hero like Iron Man, Thor, or Starlord - he's more like a knight or Old West gunslinger, more Clint Eastwood than Robert Downey Jr. That kind of character is really easy to screw up by playing it by the numbers, so I understand Lorenzo's concern - I want them to take the time to do it right. Now, whether I'm giving him too much benefit of the doubt remains to be seen. After The Last Knight (and him combining two scripts the way he did), I don't know.

After Optimus brinsg down Menasor and tears through the remaining Stunticons, Motormaster tries to flee, only to realize that he's tired of running from the inevitable. As Optimus stalks towards him with murderous intent for the crap Motormaster pulled, Motormaster decides to go out on his feet, facing his fate, all set to the first part of this:

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP #VernoWasRight

News Credits:
    Ah, so cold blooded murder is okay as long as they "have it coming."

Nice to see that Optimus gives into his baser instincts and emotions and doesn't practice restraint or civility. After all that's what makes heroes heroes, how they treat their enemies when they're no longer a threat. And then he keeps acting and talking like a moral paragon as though he's completely un-self-aware that he's this dirty, enraged headcase.

You know the problem I have with when people try and justify movie Optimus' actions is they never put them in context with the rest of his character. If Optimus acted like a gruff, pragmatic and disillusioned commander who just wanted to get things done and didn't care about what people thought, that'd be one thing. But the movies still clearly want to paint him as a saint who's always right and talks holier-than-thou and freedom this and freedom that. It makes him sound like an actual psychopath because he flip-flops between hyper-murderer and friendly grandpa.

Two archetypes that are at total odds with each other. He can't be both.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev Yeah!

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    Oh that\'s nice

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    You are right, he is absolutely nothing like Thor. He is, on the other hand, almost identical to Captain America.

16. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I'd say more Superman than Captain America.

17. Noversalrex1024

Noversalrex1024 Christian TF Fan and Dinobot

Honestly, if the whole ordealwas done like the following, I feel like the franchise may go into a proper direction.
    1. Just let Bumblebee be the reboot
    2. Cyberton Movie should take some notes from WfC, FoC, and the better parts of the IDW comics.
    3. Cybertron movie should be 3 films, not 1 film.
    3. Hybrid ideas from G1, Prime, Armada, and minor bits of the Bayformers.
    4. Keep Travis Knight on the project
    5. NO MORE RETCONNING.
    6. Future of big budget/Live Action Transformers films are saved.
    7. Spin-offs should come only so often after the Cybertron and main story films.

• Like Like x 3
  18. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Can we not with the cinnematic universe? There's only ever been one good one, all the others are horrendous, focus on making Bumblebee the rule rather than the exception, then you've earned the right to talk shared universes okay?

One thing I haven't seen many people bring up is that he's a full on war criminal by real life standards, ironic given that Bay like to think of his efforts as realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Well, I was making a Marvel parallel, not DC, but I disagree. Superman is all-powerful and godlike, which Prime never was. Prime was a soldier just like Cap.

• Like Like x 2
  20. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Where did they stem from?

• Like Like x 1