Animated Transformers Movie Set In Cybertron Is In The Works

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 23, 2018.

1. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Is he that confident he can do no wrong?

...Ok. I feel like I can handle a lot of BS better than others, but that’s just plain STUPID.

#LoseLorenzo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You’re actually my favorite comment of the day lol.

It does amaze me how many absolute experts we have on these boards. It’s almost like Facebook 2.0, where everyone is an expert at every career.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ludicrous Prime

Ludicrous Prime New Member

These guys claim because of Optimus Prime's personality a movie based on him is hard. That's because so many of these writers are lazy and aren't open to a real challenge. Perhaps these writers could write about his journey, about how he became a leader. He didn't do everything by himself. They could write about how he relies on insight from others. I'm sure these writers can show a lighter side to Optimus as well. He is stoic because he has to be not because he wants to. There is more to his character than meets the eye.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

would it include the backstory on how Megatron was a gladiator fighting against the corrupt senate?

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I dont get how a Prime movie is so difficult. He's King Arthur. It's a basic troupe. I mean... Black Panther shouldn't work as well as it does, but they built a basic character a world and gave him a struggle to overcome.

I mean , even a basic 'Matrix' story works... Orion Pax is the One, Alpha Trion as Morpheus, Agent Smith is Megatron (;) ) and the various Decepticons... Prime initially fights alone but gains allies over time... gives Prime a reason to be OP (;) ) in fights and wreck Decepticons...

The more I think about it, Transformers IS Optimus Prime's story, so why not just focus on him and make everyone else supporting characters?

I just want a movie to give Optimus the shine and character Bee just got.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Oh, so it is still happening! I can't wait! I really hope they stick with G1 designs that are similar to Bumblebee's (maybe slightly more simplified, so it will be easier to animate).

7. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I welcome a cybertron story that fully reboots. I don’t welcome Lorenzo or anyone associated with the bayverse. I hope they keep plugging away with better more transformer focused movies.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Isn't that usually what people say Age of Extinction was supposed to be?

9. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    "In"?

10. FlutterPrime

FlutterPrime Member

Lorenzo needs to just stop in my opinion

How the in the hell could Bumblebee *not* be a reboot wen it contradicts everything about the previous films? TLK says that Bee was an Allied Solider during WWII, but Bumblebee puts his arrival, as well as the rest of the Autobots`s in 1987

Honestly, we should just consider Bumblebee to be a reboot no matter what that idiot says

As for which studio should animate the Cybertron movie, honestly, it should still be Boulder Media Studios, except they should do it after the Gen 5 My Little Pony movie because they`re doing an amazing job on Transformers Cyberverse

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Well, King Arthur movies have been failing recently, and Black Panther was absent from his own movie for a good chunk.

I 100% agree with the filmmakers that an Optimus movie is tricky. There's not much character growth and whatnot you can do, because the character isn't that flawed (and he's somewhat archetypal and one-note). They could potentially end up with another Last Jedi Luke Skywalker situation, where people feel they've "betrayed the character". Don't get me wrong, I really want to see an Optimus movie, and I'm fully confident it can be done under talented filmmakers. I just think it has to be handled more tactfully than something like a Bumblebee movie.

12. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus The Unknown Member

Dear sweet baby Jesus, for my Xmas wish I ask that you please give Lorenzo a fatal disease.......okay fine, you can make it a painless death, after all, I'm not a total bastard.

I kid I kid, just being hyperbolic to express my annoyance at Lorenzos clueless-ness.

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Do you not know anything of Optimus Prime’s origin?

14. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Don't come to TFW2005 if you're looking for peace

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly, they're rushing and they don't know what they're doing. I hope it's the full CGI animation, although that would cost more than all 5 fucking movies. Bumblebee is reviving the franchise but rushing the Optimus Prime film and the Cybertron film will kill this franchise and this franchise never deserved that. It's this guy's brain killing Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I'd allude to, that his fighting prowess lead to his rise to Cybertron Commander. As military commander, he'd have a standoff with Sentinel Prime about using Cybertronian might to create a universal utopia. When they disagree, he straight up assassinates Sentinel, but not without Orion jumping in the way (cue heroic nonsense line). Megatron shows no regard for Orion or Sentinel, ripping the Matrix from Sentinel. When it wont bond with him, he tosses it aside. A gravely wounded Orion picks it up and becomes Optimus Prime.

Visual effect costs are the only thing that can make this difficult.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I doubt the Optimus movie is really going to explore his origin. If it did, it would probably be a five minute flashback at the beginning, similar to the Cybertron flashback in Bumblebee. The Optimus movie isn't going to be animated, it's going to be live-action, and (most likely) take place on Earth, after Bumblebee. I'm sure they could tie those ideas and themes into the storyline, but that in itself is already a tricky job.

17. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

not to mention the continuity errors but this is all on the idea that Bumblebee is a reboot so all in all not bad.

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:

It just is my writer's brain (ive written a few novels, unpublished, and two independant screenplays) but a big thing to think about is avoiding plotholes. For example, flying robots cadd a ton of issues with hiding from them

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    if you can't give criticism without being a movie producer, you can't give praise, either. it's a two-way street.

• Like Like x 6
  20. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

Just get kinght or some one who knows animation to direct this. Then make sure it doesn't touch bay/bone mythos. Also maybe get Lord and miller on the phone for this movie they realy hit it out of the park with into the spider verse so maybe they can do the same magic with Transformers.

• Like Like x 1