Animated Transformers Movie Set In Cybertron Is In The Works

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    He's definitely welcome back any time he wants. The baggage issues stemmed from elsewhere that are in the process of being rectified.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I think they will fuck this up in the end. By “animated.” Is it even CGI or what? A Cybertron film before the other spinoffs? Uh no. Make spinoffs to build up hype then make the big film. God damn. Lorenzo what is wrong with you. Why are they announcing this so soon. They need to take a big step back for a year or two and just breathe. They will burn themselves out. I hope to god they still read these boards. They really just need to calm down before it goes down to hell.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Let Travis Knight do it. and could they bring back Jablonsky?

4. Deadend

News Credits:
    This isn't the big film though. It's more setup for that. This is all backstory pre-earth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Okay. Gotcha.

6. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I know right. Steve needs to get his ass back here. He definitely should work on the cybertron Films Soundtrack

• Like Like x 3
  7. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Look at all of the highly successful movie producers in this thread who know more than the highly successful movie producer they’re talking about. I had no idea we were in such great company here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deadend

News Credits:
    *Bows*
    But you're right, I agree with you. LDB has done fantastic work, and is absolutely amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Masterforce Kreon

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I hope most of the Cybertron movie is our childhood dreams.

POW POW BAM
    DIE OPTIMUS!
    NOT TODAY!
    *throws off table*
    AAHHHHH

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

What Lorenzo is desperately pushing is, once again, a sad attempt to ape the MCU, except this time instead of basically making Avengers group films, they're going to try actually following the MCU's main plan and make solo films.

Do note that Lorenzo continues to assert that Bumblebee is not a reboot and TLK is in fact still canon. Meaning Bumblebee arrives on Earth in 1987, at least nearly four and a half decades before he's already on Earth to fight Nazis in WWII.

They at least need somebody who isn't as mind-bogglingly oblivious to facts to be the 'face' of PR, that's for sure.

Funny you indirectly reference Batman and Robin, since Goldsmtih was the writer for that trash. Who was the guy they put in charge of the TF writer's room?

Akiva. Fucking. Goldsmith.

TLK failing when it had so much bad talent involved with its high ranking production team and Bay clearly not

Can you imagine what we could have gotten if Knight had been the point man back in 2007? I still think the first Bayformers is an okay film, but Knight would have made it truly something special.

Lorenzo is a fucking idiot who can't keep the very continuity of the films straight, invents bullshit on the spot about the mythos (according to him, Quintessa was first a human six billion years ago), and going back to the rumors there has to be a grain of truth behind those stories or else they wouldn't even be going around.

• Like Like x 3
  12. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "It will be hard with Optimus, he is always right, very stoic and is a man of few words … "

And Bumblebee is some kind of complex character? He's a "man" of even fewer words lol..
    Granted, I haven't seen the movie yet, but Lorenzo just needs to keep his mouth shut. I wish he was off of these projects..

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, franchise RT average score of 29% and becoming the joke of Hollywood plus the general audience (and thus misrepresenting the franchise) is quite an amazing accomplishment.

Doesn't help that LDB's PR skills are about as good Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the previous films (except TLK), but for the survival of our franchise they need to be left in the past. It's become a point where the mere mention of Transformers, whether it be film, comics, or shows, makes people's eyes roll.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bee is doing poorly because of Bay. I’ve seen so many people saying shit like “fool my six times” online.
    What is clear is that people who did see it are loving the Cybertron stuff.

15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, none of us are trying to be movie producers, so not really a fair statement.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Deadend

News Credits:
    "Prime is always right." Love it when he puts it like that.

But I also would say it's "likely best not to assume" who is making the film yet, and how that setup is going to be until they are ready to announce it. Without knowing how the internal setup is going to be in how Paramount and Hasbro work together, such conjecture is entirely flawed. So far all we know for certain publicly is that LDB is one of the producers on it. And Knight may have a producer credit or not too depending on his own contributions to choices in it. And we now know formally such a film is still in the works. :D 

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They aren’t going to read these boards. They have to weed through all the angst and hate for hate’s sake. I mean I wish they would consider what fans are talking about (and maybe they do) but there is so much toxicity here that I wouldn’t touch this place either.

I mean I heard about the animated prequel and got excited to discuss the possibilities on here. And all I see is the same shit.

18. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Here’s an idea: use Megatron. Megs is Prime’s foil. Hollywood likes foils. Just make Megatron an actual character and not just a bad guy to be defeated and then play him and Prime off of each other and you’re golden.

I am excited about the idea of solo films, but the claim that Optimus Prime is hard to make is just pure rubbish.

Megatron has all the potential to be a great villain, right up there with the likes of Thanos, Loki, Darth Vader, etc. And when a great villain squares off against a great hero, that makes the hero that much better. Prime isn’t great when he’s in a vacuum, it’s when he’s leading his Autobots, squaring off against Megatron and confiding in his friends that he’s great.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyway. I wonder if they can maintain the look from Bee’s Cybertron. Some of the assets are already created after all. Yeah some of them are probably low LOD because they were on the screen for a few frames but they have a start at least and some set pieces.

20. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Why can't he just be a "no comment at this time" kind of exec? I'm actually hoping getting to run his mouth to reporters is the only thing they let him do.