Animated Story Better Than Live Action Movies Story

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by amurowes, Jul 3, 2014.

1. amurowes

amurowes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you ask me, I will stay the 80s Transformers storyline - including the animated movie is better than Michael Bay's live action movies.

In the animated stories, the Decepticons are very cunning and always have a cutting edge over Autobots.

All thanks to Soundwave - a Decepticon who can turn into cassette recorder and despatch an army of cassette warriors who can act as espionage and eyes and ears of Decepticons.

He could have been utilized much better instead of just satellite and car in second and third movie before being killed off by Bumblebee.

The Soundwave in the animated series will never allow himself to be defeated so easily. I know because I have been following their animated series from Season 1 to 4 including the animated movie.

Not without giving his opponents a difficult time.

Same for the rest of the Decepticons with the exception of Starscream.

Like it or not, that is what makes the story great.

Think about it. If the bad guys are so easily defeated, won't that make the story predictable? Even if it is Transformers fans can identify with, it will be a matter of time before fans lose interest.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Oh another one of these g1 is super awesome compared to the movies. The 2 are totally different. You can't have indestructible villains for movies because you go nowhere. I'm not sticking up for the movies I'm just saying that shows don't translate well to movie.

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards. I hope you have donned a tin hat. Good luck!

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This is not even true. Megatron cried Decepticons retreat more than any other Con. If you go back, the Cons grappled with the Autobots for a minute or two, someone got in a serious shot, and Megatron called for retreat. Starscream had as much success as Megatron, and Soundwave. .. He once got kicked in his ass up into the air so hard he transformed and caught a ride home with one of the seekers. Not to mention, in G1, the Cons We're mostly Petty criminals, stealing energy, but generally not hurting anyone.

Look, I love G1, but sometimes I think peeps confuse the toy battles we had as kids as part of G1. No movie will ever top some of the toy battles I had, not to mention as a kid, I always made sure the Cons won enough to keep Prime on his toes.

In G1, with the exception of the movie, the Cons do little, save for episodes like the Ultimate doom and Megatron master plan. I love Soundwave, but his movie incarnation, (weak death aside) was more effective than his G1 self... He was basically the reason Megatron came back to life.

I don't like in the movies that most Cons don't even register a hit in fights. Decreasing the numbers, but making the fights more personal and intimate might help this, I love Prime versus Sentinel and Prime versus Lockdown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I agree, g1 is awesome, but this thread wasn't needed.

6. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    This dude's first post was about him ranting on about how G1 is better than the Live-Action Films.... smh.

7. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A TV show, such as Transformers will generally have a better story than a Live Action movie. Transformers as a TV show is made for kids, with little nods here and there for the fans, because Hasbro know we, the fans, watch them. They know anyone from the age of 12 to 50 odd will be watching. Story and Characterisation is what drives any TF Cartoon, even G1...sorta. It's mainly nostalgia that drives G1 now seen as though it's so old.

The movies appeal to everyone. Kids, Families, fans, non-fans etc. Hence the human element in the films, hence why things change. The regular movie goers don't care for the story, or the characters. They come to see Giant Transforming robots from outer space ride dinosaurs and kick the shit out of each other. They don't have to focus on the story or character development, and i'm actually surprised Bay made the Story and Characters far better in AoE than the previous 3.

If you don't like the films, simply keep to your G1/Armada/Prime/Animated/what ever, no one is stopping you.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I can't knock his nostalgic feeling. I wish for that "G1" feeling in the movies, it's just unrealistic. Kinda hard to have the same type of fights when these Cons don't retreat often and they aren't just stealing energy, they're laying waste to cities and killing thousands.

9. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

What a fantastic topic. Have fun discussing it!

[​IMG]

10. old autobot

old autobot Omega Supreme

24/30 autobots despicted in this movies are dead. If you give cons the cutting edge you want they probably would had won by now.

11. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    :lol 

12. NebulusPrime

NebulusPrime The Fourteenth

You can't even compare the too. I agree with bignick1693. Plus you can't have that many characters in a movie everything would get so jumbled and crazy.

13. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Denzel Training Day My Nigga - YouTube

14. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Uhh last time I checked the only storyline the G1 series had was good vs bad.... Every episode hardly connected with each other (except the 2 or 3 part episodes). The Deceptions always ran away like cowards, the Autobots always had a "secrete plan/weapon".... Except the characters/area the episodes are the same!

Autobots and Spike talk about something which relates to the episodes>Deceptions spy and plan bad things>Chip rolls around and talk smart>Deceptions attack>Autobots are losing>Deceptions laugh>fight>Optimus loses hope>Autobots have a "secrete plan">Starscream brags about being leader>Decepticons think they won>Autobots attack and win>deceptions run away>autobots celebrate>Optimus is worried they'll return

15. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The 80's show had like 2 seasons to explain the whole Transformers origins. The movie has 2 hours.

16. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Tell that to Brawn on several occasions...

17. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original G1 cartoon is superior in almost every way. Better story, better characters, better style, better, writing, better humor, and better action. It's actually kind of sad that a "cheap" 1980s kid's cartoon (aka "toy commercial") is actually better made than a modern big budget film.

18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's ne excuse. If they had thought their story out, they could have explained it.

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's funny is they have taken some of the plot things from G1 no one seems to notice.

Transporting Cybertron to Earth
    Sun to make Energon
    Evil Earth scientist
    Prime dying rebirth using the matrix
    Megatron Galvatron

Trying to remember what else fogot some of the other movies.

20. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I disagree completely. The 80s G1 cartoon is crap.

The Bay movies are better.

IDW is best, but that's beside the point.