Animated Soundwave!!!....What did you think? SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sideways

Sideways Banned

good point.. i forgot about Ravage..

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    stop trying to be a mod. please.

im kinda meh on TFA soundwave. love the toys design on its own, but as a homage to the g1 version, i kinda think he looks on the squatty side. personality wise, despite using others to do his fighting just like in g1, i just dont get a badass vibe from this guy, its prolly just me.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, personality-wise in the cartoon he hasn't reached badass status yet, but I look at his toy, with the guitar, and think "Whoa, Badass!!" :) 

[​IMG]

4. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great Character, I found myself getting chills. I wasn't too keen on his combining with the other robots under his command, though. I would have preferred him having the Professor Bot steal the key and him upgradeing that way. But something tells me his easy defeat came from the fact that he did combine with the other bots, and when the Decepticons get a hold of that key(which is just a guess) then we will see him in his full glory.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Love the new Soundwave. Unfortunately Youtube only has 2 out of 3 parts. I want to see the ending! :mad 

Can't wait for the toy to come out. I think it's the best incarnation since G1.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its 2 of 2 parts.

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It's 6 of 4 parts!!!

8. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

Soundwave was pure awesomeness. He actually kind of had a personality at the end, where he tried to convince Bulkhead to kill Sari. I would have liked to see why exactly he transforms into a car, maybe just a scene with him scanning a car.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The only two things I didn't like about Soundwave's 1st appearance in TFA are:

1) his head design--the mouth looks like a bird beak. I wish it was closer to the original
    2) his lack of action. I really would liked to have seen him actually tangle with Bulkhead. Instead, he mostly just stood around and let his machine cronies do the dirty work. Wait, that's what Soundwave did in the original series and comic too. Nevermind.

Otherwise, I loved his appearance and I really enjoyed the "Sound and Fury" episode. And as I mentioned in the other thread, when he upgraded himself to full robot mode, I completely geeked out and let loose a "OH HELL YEAH!" that was so loud my wife yelled from the back of the house asking what was wrong.

NITPICK ALERT: it wasn't the original G1 voice. The original was Frank Welker with added audio FX. The TFA Soundwave voice was performed by Jeff Bennett, with similar audio FX added.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Just realized-the new Soundwave doesnt keep the overshoulder blaster he nearly used on Sari. thats a real shame, i wish his Final form had it.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Even if they dont appear in the show, if Hasbro wanted to make a TON of money, they could sell Soundwave's minions in a special package/2 pack. Def. Rumble as an amp, maybe give Frenzy the same alt mode but have some small differences between the 2-their color, and give Rumble those ground-pounders insread of hands, and then maybe a redeco of Lazerbeak as Buzzsaw.

As for Ravage and Ratbat, its tough. Ravage should be a keyboard, and have Ratbat like a soundmixing board. with like a turntable for when Soundwave is feeling a bit OOOOOOOLD SCHOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buzzaw could be a bass guitar with minor retooling...

13. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to admit, I REALLLY liked how they pulled off Soundwave. Except for his head. Something about that bugs the bejesus out of me.

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I don't mind the head, I like the over-exaggerated 'cheeks'

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i have this funny feeling, that soundwave is going to become shockwave...

especially with the "logical" talk that shockwave was always famous for...

16. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    Loved his voice, liked the look, can't wait for the toy... let's go China.. get these things out!!! :) 

17. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

that or they mixed the two together for soundwave to save on writing characters and don't intend to bring out Shockwave.

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I might get killed for saying this, but...best Soundwave ever.

Yeah, I said it. He's etter than G1 Soundwave and better than Cybertron Soundwave. He can control non-sentient robots. He can absorb and reconfigure non-sentient robots. He can interfere with communications way more than G1 Soundwave could. (Imitating Bulkhead and Bumblebee's voices - genius!) It's apparent that he can be as heavily-armed as he wants to be or as small as he wants to be. He's a manipulative SOB. The voice was spot-on.

As for future (sentient?) minions, Rumble would make the most sense as a subwoofer. Frenzy could be an amplifier. That alt mode might work for Beastbox, too. Buzzsaw, Ratbat, and Squawktalk could be other guitars as suggested earlier - or maybe an electronic keyboard? Ravage, Slugfest, and Overkill - I don't have any ideas on those.

Oh yes, Soundwave is awesome.

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I thought they did an amazing job on soundwave he has to come back he is amazing! I cant wait to get his figure.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

except that they have already mentioned that shockwave will be in it.