Animated Rodimus Minor Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can someone do a short how-to on getting his legs folded in car mode? I have the other stuff down, but can't get his legs to fold up the right way. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind.

2. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've got the hang of the transformation now, and it is quite easy. Don't know why I was struggling.

So, Rodimus is tied for my personal favorite Deluxe class TFA figure with Prowl. I like his bot mode, and his vehicle mode is just so small it's weird to see it turn into the big robot.

Sad day. One of the last Animated figures I will buy. Grimlock looks to be the last, since I hope my TRU still has him tomorrow morning.

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel as thought Rodimus is the best deluxe figure I own. Really he's so chock full of accuracy, poseabilty, personality, and pure engineering bliss. His back folds up so well there isn't any kibble that would stick out and look unnatural, and his car mode is just so low to the ground that you wonder how he transforms in to a relatively large robot.

My only gripe is that I can't store the bow in Robot mode and it's kinda hard to get into his hands and pose him in a firing postition with the well the shoulders work. Otherwise this guy is the best Rodimus out there. The Masterpiece may not beat him out as far as I'm concerned.

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Well I have the clear Animated Rodimus Optimus 2-pack in my BBTS loot waiting on the August Seacons arrival. I saw maroon Rodimus and Ironhide at the TRU near me today. Out of the two, Ironhide actually looks better to me in package. Maybe this will change once I get to see bot modes in hand. The missiles are solid orange which seems kinda odd to me as most other TFA figures comes with clear missiles. To me there's no comparison to Kiss or Alts Hot Rod, a 1:24 Ford GT in those paint jobs, can't be hotter than that for a Hot Rod, I mean this is not even close. Probably unfair to compare a deluxe to a voyager though.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Holy poop. I have a new favorite Animated toy. Sorry, Blurr!

Rodimus is absolutely stellar. I cannot wait for my "Sons" Rodimus to get here, and will definitely be keeping my pre-order for the standard Takara Rodimus.

6. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am quite pissed right now. The left shoulder joint that connects to the ball joint is frozen to the top of the socket that allows it to rotate, making him impossible to transform. Already sent an email to Hasbro, bu I doubt they will send me another one of the same figure. Hope to find more of him this weekend.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Stick that sucker in the freezer, then wait. Come back, let 'em mellow and try moving it carefully.

8. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll try it, but I am not sure it will work. How long should I leave it in the freezer?

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Got this guy Friday and I LOVE him. He is loads of fun and a really sharp looking Car mode. His Bot mod is fantastic, one of the most Kibble Free TFs I can think of. Everything folds up so nice in bot mode you can't tell the back of the car is folded up on his back! I think TFA Blurr is another similar like this but Rodimus is better.

I got him and MP Grimlock at the same time and I think I like Rodimus better, for sure more fun!

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Stuck him in the freezer for about half an hour, tried the joint, no change. Took the arm apart and forced the joint out, and now it is tight, but transformable. Not gonna tell Hasbro though.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    'Bout five minutes, I'd guess.

I may be wrong, I was hoping someone would come in here after me and elaborate. I don't know the science behind it, I just did that with my Ironman figures.

12. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Again, took it apart and fixed it. No big deal. Thanks though.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I didn't see that. Sorry.

14. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Why would you be sorry? You gave me good advice. Even though I did something else doesn't mean I don't appreciate the help. I should be sorry for making you feel like you needed to say sorry.

Problem solved. Now my second favorite TFA figure is in working order.

15. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well when you cool something down it contracts so it would loosen up the joint a bit, but depending on the plastic it might take very low temperatures to contract enough to fix the joint.

16. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    While I did fix mine, I didn't update the status of my question I submitted to Hasbro, and here was my answer:

"Hi Jacob,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a problem with your product and can fully appreciate the disappointment caused. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our products are of the highest quality and we are concerned to learn that this product was unsatisfactory.

Regrettably, this particular item has now been discontinued and we are unable to supply you with either parts, or product.

We will of course, be pleased to arrange an exchange for you for an alternative product of similar value. Under separate cover we will send you a postage paid mailing label to cover the cost of returning the product to us.

We are sending the mailing label to:

If there is a particular item that you feel would make a suitable replacement please let us know by enclosing a note with your return. Be certain to include your full name and mailing address and the age and gender of the child the item was purchased for. Our products include Hasbro, Playskool, Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers.

Jacob, we appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come."

Now while I don't need a replacement, I did update my question again about how the computer is clearly wrong, as these have just been found at retail for the first month. I know it isn't the employee's fault, but I am a little upset from the response I got.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The freezer trick works for ML figures and the like because the soft PVC is more responsive to thermal expansion. Also, it's usually paint run-off that gums up the joints, so freezing makes the paint residue more brittle, and easier to free up the joint.

Don't think it works as well on hard ABS plastic.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A little update on my "right-arm-pops-off" situation:

Apparently it was almost entirely due to the little turning barrel-piece that houses the socket joint in the shoulder being too stiff a joint, so transformation caused the ball joint to give out before the rotator would turn. Opening up the upper arm and shaving down the area around the joint with a blade seems to have solved the problem, or at least not making transforming an exercise in frustration, and one arm a near-certainty for coming off whenever I try.

19. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what about that Resin Animated Hot Shot and Marauder megatron. :lolol 

Still waiting on my Rodimus to arrive ,any day now.

20. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wish I could do that! Marauder Megatron looked to be one of, if not THE best Animated figures supposed to be released, IMO.

Wonder if they would give me an MP Grimlock....................................