Heavy/Scratch: Animated Motormaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Maximo Prime, May 19, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm REALLY excited about seeing you complete this.

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Thanks, brother!

Here, check out this leg kibble stuff. I gathered together the molds used in the Botcon set. I've kicked out Bumblebee (a shame really, but if i ever use him on another combiner, i've got a ready made leg mode), and replaced him with Rodimus. I created a foot out of the remnants of Bulkhead's torso, and I have another torso on the way (thanks Zero Kaiser). the leg needed some back bulk in order to support all the stuff going on.

At first I was going to mod Bulkhead's missiles to plug into some tabs on the back of Rodimus, and into the foot, and then attach a knee joint on top. Then cover it with armor. It never really turned out though. I was brainstorming with ZK again, and he mentioned using Voyager Animated Prime legs to add some bulk. I had a junker right there! So i took the knee joints i had (made from elbows from MXO Hulk), and was able to install them right into the inner slider block on the legs. I left the wheels on, because it's Menasor! :)  I think i'll carve holes into the wheels, so they plug into the lugs on the foot. I still have a couple things to iron out there. The knees leave enough room to lug themselves into holes in the bottom of Grimlock's legs.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

:drool: i cant wait to see this one. its looking:cool:  so awesome :bay 

4. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    I have shifted gears a bit. Studying the leg and foot parts, i see i can connect them to motormaster in torso mode without modding the leg bots. So i decided to see if i could do the same for the arms.

I did for one arm. Now to work on the 2nd. This will allow me to finish my Motormaster, and modlessly attach the Botcon limb bots to him. leaving them untouched will then allow me to combine them with whatever 3rd party add-on eventually comes out as well.

various neo-shifter bits. Still needs to be trimmed down, but this will allow Dead End to combine without having to mod him. More pics when i'm not so tired, this is from my cell phone.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I really like how you were able to adapt your existing project to incorperate most of the "official" Botcon Stunticons, but I do have to say I have to disagree about the swapping of the boxy Motormaster head on to replace your own custom one. Personally, I think your original custom head works much better with your custom Motormaster, and the Botcon head works better with the original toy.

6. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    oh yeah i meant to mention - i ditched that plan too. My custom head will stay on my custom MM. I might even box it up, not quite sure yet. but yeah, this new plan means none of the BC Stunties are getting altered.

7. hbwman

hbwman Member

yeah good job

8. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

Man, I remember seeing this thread for the first time and being blown away by it that I began to follow this thread as closely as possible, learning from each and every step and getting blown away each and everytime... If anything you are one of the few who inspired me to go and try to make a G1-esque transforming Animated Motormaster man

With that out of the way, looks like you are using Jazz... I mean Deadend's hands to connect the connector plate to the vehicle mode to create said arm mode correct..? Gotta say looks pretty sweet and awesome man, not to mention now I am really looking forward to seeing your version of Animated Menasor with your version of Motormaster.

Good luck with it all man! But uhm question... What will happen with the previous bots that you were using/were modding into the legs and arms..? Are they still going to be used as secondairy pair of limbs or to be used in a different custom, just a bit curious heh

9. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    Thank you very much! I'd love to see whta you've got so far. Yep, i'm using the hands to hold onto the connector plate. it is incredibly sturdy, and because the arm doesn't weigh too much, it will be nice and poseable. I'm trying to replicate that with Dragstrip, but her grip isn't quite as tight on the same parts. i've got some ideas in mind.

As for the old bots, not sure what i'm gonna do. Bumblebee was unmodded, so he goes back to being Bumblebee. Lockdown, Prowl, and Jazz all have ports built in, dunno what I'm gonna do with them.

10. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    very rough at this point, but here's my plan to give a split cab one single grille. an alternate idea would be for the grille to have a gun attached that fed beneath. I can't remember a TF that does that, but i know one does...

EDIT: didn't RID Sideburn do something like that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Moriamur

oooohhhhh... A single grill that becomes good old Motormaster's blaster of doom..? I personally like that idea, and yes I think that it was Sideburn from RiD who's bumper became his gun alright

12. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great to see you back on this!

13. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    just a couple pics.. they really are brothers from another mother..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Moriamur

hmmm...

*looks at both*

Hmmmm... Sorry Botcon Motormaster, but Maximo's Motormaster has hit it right out of the ball park, really man that is just Motormaster all the way down to the feet...

But then I can see that they are bro's alright

15. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    thank you for your thoughts!! I am going to box the head too, and clean up the shins. well i mean... there's a LOT to be done lol...

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Heh. Those red things on the sides of Ratchet's mouth look kinda like Motormaster's 'stache in a way. Which is actually pretty awesome.

17. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

are you continuing with this look of motormasters head: [​IMG]

because i thought that was awesome!

18. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    that is the other option. I'm so back and forth on it. I kinda wanna box it, but i kinda like this Rockabilly look too. Good thing i can wait till the very end. And yeah, i picked Ratchet's face because i wanted to turn that pattern into the same Lemmy mustache that BC Motormaster sports! Good eyes! Don't mind the goofy grin. it was just a quickie digibash.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just more pics.

Attached Files:

20. Maximo Prime

Ebay:
    Got some fat to trim, but here's a mockup of torso and Dead End. Arm's set a bit wide, but it's a worthy sacrifice to not have to mod Dead End. I will be trimming a good portion of that connector piece.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: