Animated Jazz Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by xSEANxLONGx, May 14, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get this toy :drool: 

2. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

the chest locks in if you fold down the tab

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Mine had a stress mark next to the left elbow's pin. I'm taking it back to Target, and I hope the next one I get is perfect. I'll be so disappointed if mine turns out to have 2 right hands...

Also: How do you get his arms back into car mode? I can't get the panels lined up, no matter what.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    They do need a bit of massaging, to be sure. Even now I still end up with some small gaps. The best you can hope for is to have the arms the right way when stored, the hands folded into their little niche, and the little tabs slotted securely.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah just keep fiddling with the arms...without too much force, just push them back into how u feel they should go in...they usually twist around themselves, quite smoothly...its a good figure

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's a lot of tabs on the legs, as well. Make sure they're all lined up. You can get it completely flush. It takes some effort but it becomes easy the second, third time.

I have only one problem with my Jazz: the front left-hand wheel's pin was not pushed in all the way, so that now, when I pick him up, the wheel droops at an angle. It's fine when he's on the ground, though.

7. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I really don't even see how the lower panels (the ones that hold the nunchucks) are SUPPOSED to line up in car mode. I can get them tabbed into the front fenders just fine but there's two more tabs that are supposed to connect to the door panels, and I can't get them both in at once! Since the lower panels collide with the rear fenders, there should be some sort of slot or tab in the rear fenders to hold the lower panels in place, but there's nothing.

8. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My take on Jazz

[​IMG]
    Animated Jazz

For more pics click on the link above

Robot Mode: In some ways Jazz is just another Car-Transformer. We've seen the hood-as-chest thing a thousand times by now. But while the basic design isn't particularly innovative, the execution is pretty well done. Despite his rather broad chest Jazz looks very lean and the combination of white, black, and grey makes it seem as if he's wearing some kind of runner's track suit. In fact Jazz as a whole looks very much like an Olympic athlete, ready to run the 100 meters in under 10 seconds.

As befits someone described as a cyber-ninja, Jazz is a very posable, very dynamic robot. His weapons consist of two nunchaku or nunchucks, however you want to call them. Two sticks connected by a length of chain (or string, in this case). The nunchaku are made from the additional exhaust pipes that usually sit on Jazz' forearms (the doors of this car mode). Jazz can do some pretty mean poses with them and though I'd never have thought 'Jazz' and 'nunchaku' would go together, he looks pretty neat with them.

So the bottom line for the robot mode is simple: An old-fashioned, but somehow refreshingly executed robot design with some nice elements and no obvious flaws. Pretty good.

Alternate Mode: Jazz transforms into a low-riding sports car, tuned-up with extra exhaust pipes on the sides, strange, almost missile-shaped side mirrors and raised rear fenders for the brake lights. When I see this car mode I'm rather strongly reminded of Speed Racer and the kinds of race cars featured in that cartoon series.

The car is well done, but I can't really think of anything else to write about here. No gimmicks, the weapons can only be used as exhaust pipes, and rolling Jazz across the floor is pretty much it as far as play value goes in this mode. So bottom line: A good vehicle mode. That's it.

Remarks: Jazz was one of my favourite characters in G1 and though his appearances in Animated have been few so far, he still came across as cool as ever. He's fascinated with Earth culture and his exchange with Bulkhead was an instant classic to me:

Jazz: Man, that was some freakin' funky coloured light show. What do you call those things again?
    Bulkhead: Traffic lights.
    Jazz: Traffic lights. Solid!

As a figure Jazz is nothing spectacular, but a good, solid execution of an old-fashioned design with a nice style and superb posability. Not the best Animated figure yet, but a good, no-nonsense Autobot. Recommended to all Jazz fans and fans of car-style Transformers.

Rating: B

9. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:

There's an easy fix for this. I've noticed that most people transform him so that in alt-mode the doors are "tucked behind" the rear fender like so:

[​IMG]

If your doors don't align easily this creates gaps...
    [​IMG]

Instead, what you want to do is position the rear edge of the door on the outside of the fender...
    [​IMG]

That automatically locks the door into place and gets rid of the gap.
    [​IMG]

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Got mine as a b-day present
    Car mode and transformation is good
    Robot mode has flaws like a really loose head
    (Tried nail polish on him and Prowl and both are in worse conditions than before)
    B-

Edit: Exchanged and got me a new one and now no problems
    A-

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

OK, I only read the first two pages of this thread, so I don't know if anything I'm bout to say has been said repeatedly or not.

I finally picked this guy up today, knowing his transformation is pretty simple. The transformation is the most important part of these toys to me, and I'm still trying to pin down exactly what it is about certain transformations that does it for me, and what doesn't.

This guy... doesn't. But he comes closer than I'd have thought. I really wish they had done something different with the legs. I would have liked a more clever transformation... the chest and arms, while not very original, is intricate enough to be interesting, and simple enough to be fun. The legs are just... boring, though. :(  I really would have liked some sort of variation on G1 Jazz's legs... they were the main thing that separated him from G1 Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen.

However. This guy looks just absolutely awesome. Er, if you're cool with the Animated look, of course. The car is awesome, and the bot is spot-on accurate to the cartoon (and pretty cool looking on it's own), and he's plenty articulated.

Great toy... somewhat of a letdown, but if you have low hopes, I think he'll surprise you. He's good. Not great, but good. Of course, everyone's standards are different. With that in mind, I think I can safely say... get this toy. :p 

12. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    vehicle mode. he has a very good and stylish vehicle mode . the main flaw is that the front panel is somewhat crooked but overall very good. robot mode. okay this is the weaker mode because of one problem the chest just doesn't click in good. just moving his arms will sometimes pull up the chest. another smaller problem is he doesn't have that much head articulation .but the rest of the figure is nice so overall i'd recommend the figure simply for the vehicle mode . oh yeah i really like the plastic used for the headlights[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    wow I bought my JAZZ back when it was first released here in Arizona in fact I bought 2.

the one I have out of the package is flawless, no probs at all.

14. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got Jazz, he's ok.... while sure he's articulated he lacks some of the pose-ability that makes Prowl so excellent

also I can't get his chest to clip down???
    looks great with the rest of the Elite Gard - now need to find Cliffjumper....

15. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone ever find a solution to the door gaps in car mode outside of pushing the back of the doors to the outside of the wheel wells instead of the inside? I can't remember exactly but i don't remember the car having door panel line issues straight out of the box.