Animated Jazz Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by xSEANxLONGx, May 14, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking of swapping the string out with a nice clear blue one but the best I can find is lanyard string, but that stuff is kinda flat... Dunno if it would work.

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice toy, i do wish his chest clicked in though like prowls does. also if the leg wheels had somehow been brought down and away from teh knees he would have had a more streamlined look. great alt mode, TF is a bit simplistic but thats not always a bad thing!

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Not a bad deluxe toy. I've actually liked it less since first fiddling with it. Overall it's pretty solid but I wish the neck as molded so you could turn the head side to side and have it face forward instead of having the 'head cocked' pose. The lower legs (made from the rear half of the car) look super long and weird. BUT it's a neat homage to the original with a hip little alt mode and the nunchucks are a cool little touch.

[​IMG]

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I wish the nunchucks had a better storage method than just slotting them in place by that small amount. I have this nasty feeling they'll drop out at some point without me noticing and get lost.

Also, pity the Autobot logo is a bit smooshed up. It's not very clear, made worse because of the Elite Guard 'wings' either side of it.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jazz is best described as an average Animated toy. Nothing strongly bad about it, but nothing that stands out as unusually good either. The toy does pull of that "guy wearing a spandex body-suit with car sections as football armor" look from the cartoon pretty well though.

6. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's my favorite deluxe so far. But I my opinion may be a bit biased...

7. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

one of my top animated toys.

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm finding Jazz underwhelming, and I can't figure out why. He's the spitting image of his cartoon model, both 'bot and alt mode look awesome...

The only negative is the brain dead Gobots/Machine Robo transformation. And even with that the simple overall transformation is supplemented with very nice details like the flap to cover the hole in front of the head and the rotating arm guards (and rotating arm pipes).

But still, I'm left feeling empty. Take it as you will.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Seems a lot of people are underwhelmed by Jazz. I think it might partially be due to the fact that there is just so much awesomeness in the entire Animated line that it's almost like sensory overload. Like, if Animated Jazz were in a different line that didn't have so many consistently great figures, like Energon or Armada or Cybertron, I think people would be praising the hell out of him.

Personally I absolutely love him. His alt mode is one of the best looking TF cars ever made, his bot mode is tall and nicely proportioned with superb articulation, his weapon gimmick is clever and works well, and even though his transformation is very simple it's still fun. There's something very satisfying about the way his chest clicks into place. I also think it's awesome how such a tiny car can unfold into such a tall bot.

Plus he looks KILLER with a sword. :) 

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If you turn that entire section all the way around...he looks like freaking Wolverine man! I am on a ninja gaiden II tip too...so claws+ninja robot=excellent.

Great figure, the only underwhelming thing to me is that the toy is molded in white. Articulation is excellent, up there with Cybertonian deluxe Prime. Has similarity with Lockdown in that the alt mode is small, but the robot mode is tall, and larger than one would expect from the alt mode.

11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Got mine today. Paint is fine and joints are tight.

This is a great design (assuming you can appreciate the animated look), and one of the best deluxe-price car robots they've done. Not quite as kibble-free as Lockdown, but with better articulation.

My only complaint is that I can't get the chest to lock down.

12. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

FINALLY got mine about an hour ago. After playing around with him I hafta say that I still love him the same as when I saw pics/reviews online. His car mode is so slick looking and really looks cool. His transformation is really simple and kinda boring compared to some of the other bots we've had that involve alot of twisting and turning but he still looks great. I don't like the nunchucks in his hands, I think they look perfect in their holders and give his shoulders a cooler look. I'd recommend him

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm impressed by Jazz! I'm want to give him a perfect score but I am unused to the idea of him using n.chucks so...9.5/10 for him! :D 

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Bleh. I'm always careful about examining the visible paint apps before buying, to the point of OCD I think, but the hidden ones are always a roll of the dice and my Jazz has a funny little stripe across his chin with no paint on it. Oh well, I may try touching it up sometime.

15. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    I want one too. But were I live the stores are very slow and only restock 2 times a month. Sucks to be me!

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Picked him and Oil Slick up yesterday.

I like the look of Jazz in both of his modes, he has some good posability, though some of the joints are a bit tight and hard to move. However, I do feel he suffers a bit from Concept Camaro BB, he's kinda overrated (though not near to the same extent). I don't care for the fact that you can see most all of Jazz underneath his car, and as I said some of the joints are a little tough to move. Plus on mine the chest doesn't really lock at all, the left wheel doesn't go in as far as the right. And one of the ropes for his nunchuk is kinda screwed up. However, he is still one of the better deluxes in the line and he looks really nice. Minus a couple faults, he's a solid figure, and a must have.

17. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I am compelled to ask, who actually looks under the car on a TF?

Also, on my Jazz, it has some sloppy paint on the face, but it's... ignorable

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I do >_>

Well just like, when handling it in alt-mode, would be nice to not have him hanging out down there saying, "I is not a robot, k?"

19. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Most kids wouldn't care, I'm sure, lol.

Unless, y'know, you got OCD (Or milder forms of it... >_>)

But this is coming from the kid that enjoyed Supercon Armada Optimus... >.>

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Heh, when I was a kid I actually LIKED seeing a robot peeping out from under a car when I turned it over. Reminded me I was playing with a Transformer (or GoBot) and not just another crummy old car toy. :) 

As for today, I really don't care. Sure it's neat when they can completely disguise the bottom, but it's not something I go ga-ga for. I'll take articulation, sculpt, alt mode and bot mode over a concealed undercarriage any day.