Animated Grimlock toy pic! (Updated w/ Robot Mode Pic - See First Post)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acid Wing, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    First off, I stated very clearly that it was in my opinion that the art style was garbage. Not that we should destroy the series and the toy line because it doesn't fit into what strikes me as a pleasing design. And any sort of metaphor I used in my post were linked to that fact. So no, nothing about my post was extreme.

Second, in your butterscotch comment. I happen to get physically ill whenever I smell peach, let alone taste it. Doesn't matter whether it's peach candy, or actual peaches, still makes me gag. And if something smells like peach, the first thing I think of (other than running to the bathroom) is that it "smells like shit". This would be a eupemism for "is an undesirable taste/smell". So if substituting 5 gallons of peaches instead of the feces, guess what? It still "tastes like shit" to me. Don't take everything so literally.

WHICH brings me to my next point...

Nice Sig. It makes it clear that you're going to get overly defensive with any criticism of the series, or the line, and that you also have a rather insultive attitude towards those who DON'T buy into your like for this series. I probably should have stopped at the butterscotch thing, but this really has me ticked off. It's like discussing religions when you have a devout member of a sect present. Their mindset starts from "I know I'm right" or "I know what I believe is right" and derails any discussion from that point into argument. The fact that you've debated mine and Johnator's distaste for the line in general or this fig in particular for well over three pages is a prime example of that attitude. Yet I'm the one that "won't be taken seriously" because of my "extreme position".

NOW off topic a bit, and to explain something. I don't have a problem with cartoony artwork. Armada was very cartoony, and I didn't dislike the art at all. I did, however dislike alot of the kibble turned bot part, such as cranes becoming ridiculously too long arms and such. So I didn't get the toys. Same with X-Brawn from RID. Didn't like the look of that huge left arm, so I didn't get the toy. I think YET AGAIN IN MY OWN (NOT FORCING UPON ANYONE ELSE) OPINION that the new animated doesn't look good at all. I won't buy them.

There, now that I've cleared that up, please resume discussing the figure and, of course, the normal retaliatory comments...

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good Point. The very existence of the Classiverse line can be read as proof that Hasbro understands Animated won't be everybody's bag.

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Thank you very much for these posts. I appreciate the support and am glad that some of the TFA fans are not so biased that they can't see another viewpoint. I respect your opinion differences and am glad you can respect mine. :thumbs2: 

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Well said again.

5. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i notice theres a considerable change to the base of the tail joint where it meets the body when compared to the grey proto images.

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

But peach actually has value which *SOME* people would actually like, so while you hate it, it does have value and people who are eating it are not "shit eaters" so there is a difference.

The first opinion means that the show is 100% shit and anyone who likes it is a shit eater, the Second is "Peaches don't appeal to me so I don't like anything to do with it but others may"

There is a difference.

You are quite Naive... Many of us made these sigs to EXPLICITLY annoy close minded people like who who constantly have to make their opinion heard with backhanded insults to infer people who like something are "eating shit."

If you look at my criticism of your comments they are not against people who hate the series, they are against people who try to insult those who like the series. "Not liking it" and "My god that is shit so you must like shit if you like this" are two different scales of comments, one is reasonable, and one is being a jerk.

Your Icecream + Shit comment was one of these and you know it.

LOL... "I GET MY LAST WORD WHERE I ATTACK EVERYONE THEN CALL FOR DISCUSSION OF THE ORIGINAL TOPIC"

I think the only real input people have given is they don't like this figure because of CHINLOCK and they look like human superheroes that shift into cartoon cars. (not robot looking) Many of us don't seem to have a problem as this is just another shift like the shifts before.

If you have to say who doesn't agree with you it is mentally ******ed or probably eats shit... then people are not going to respect your position.

One could equally claim someone not willing to accept design changes because they don't look like "transformers" as biased to Blockformers and that you can't see another viewpoint in accepting changes from G1.

Many of us who like animated have generally accepted all the changes from Beast Wars to Beast Machines, armadaverse and even Transtech. They look like Transformers to us, and they look like transformers to many of the kids.

So who is biased? The person willing to accept change and new things or the person who won't accept anything but geewun? In Fact the concept of having an opinion means you are biased in some capacity so I seriously doubt there is a person who can argue they are a purely objective position.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No no I think it's just mistransformed.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this line rock, I plan on getting them all!

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And again with a generalization. You're like a broken record, assuming that everyone who dislikes TFA is a "GEEWUNNERZ!!!!1" and that they can't accept change. Lumping me into such a category is not only erroneous, but in my opinion alot more offensive than ANYTHING I said that could have been misinterpreted. I'd love to throw up a poll to see how many posters other than you took anything I said to imply that they were shit eating ******s. I don't think I'd be surprised by the results.

However, I'm tired of this, as it's clearly not a discussion anymore. So I'll post one last time on our debate (Which won't be "the last word" since you will no doubt see fit to post a counter argument) and attempt to settle things in what I conceive to be the only way you'd accept...

"nkelsch, you're right and I'm wrong."

10. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty sure that was a response to Jonanator... See mods like it when responding to two people at the same time for us to combine the posts opposed to having two different posts. In fact they often do it for us.

While we can disagree "what looks like robots" I was just pointing out my confusion in claiming the people who accept all aesthetics as close minded while those who only accept a specific aesthetic as open minded.

But if you would like to focus on and apply a comment that wasn't directed at you to yourself opposed to discussing your bad analogy, that is fine too. I think your example holds water when you use PEACHES because it shows a franchise which you like mixed with a style you don't to make something you don't like. That is different than a franchise you like mixed with something universally hated by everyone to make something you don't like.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Oh boy, Grimlock sure looks cutesy!

& I so loooooooove his BAD ASS sword! :thumb 

12. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

AW MAN!! I cannot find this guy!!

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Please do not drudge up threads that are over half a year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.