Animated DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MicroCracker, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

anyone have any idea how (or if) this show will be on DVD? Personally, I think they should go the Teen Titans route, with 13 episodes on 2 discs in a normal keep case (and release the movie in it's full length form on it's own DVD). I haven't been keeping up with things, so I don't know if Season 1 is 13 or 26 episodes, but if it IS 26, they could just release it as 2 sets, plus the movie of course.

2. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warner are most likely to release 2 sets, the first with the movie and 13 episodes and then other 13 episodes. The movie should not be released separately.

3. MicroCracker

I don't see why they'd put the movie on the sets. leaving the sets with just 13 episodes would leave the sets nice and even. plus, the movie could sell on it's own. They could release it at the same price or lower as those 13 episode sets they always do that are cheap, and they could put other junk as extra features, like toy adds.

4. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "movie" is eps. 1-3, right? Like MTMTE back in G1.

If it's considered part of season 1, then it should be on a season 1 dvd set.

5. MicroCracker

But I only see episode one being listed as 13 or 26 episodes. as such, the movie is not really episodes 1-3, but a movie that will be split into 3 episodes for reruns.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

my guess is they will release them as both box sets, and seperately, each disc like they normally do, and like what they did for the rhino tf g1 sets.

and besides it looks to me that the "movie" comes with the mega/prime 2pack anyways.

7. Pauly T

News Credits:
    It says on the packaging as seen in the thread in News that the running time of the 2-pack DVD is only 22 minutes, so it's most likely just part 1 of "Transform and Roll Out"

8. Pauly T

News Credits:
    To me, it think its akin to "Rebirth" being a "movie" and also being Season 4 of G1

They aired MTMTE as a "movie" back before the G1series started, and the first three episodes of Rhino's G1 Season 1 boxset are MTMTE Parts 1-3.

On the CN website's episode guide listing for episodes 1-3 is "TFARO".

I have no idea how exactly the producers view it, but if the "movie" is the first three episodes of Season 1, hopefully they'll be on a Season 1 boxset, and better yet be in the set both as individual episodes and as a "movie" like "Rebirth" is on the S3pt2+S4 G1 boxset.

Truth be told I'm not all that worried about all the particulars right now, just so long as TF:A gets released on DVD.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Even if they release the "movie" as its own DVD, they'll still include it with the Season 1 DVD set - guaranteed. They did the same thing back in the VHS & Beta days with "More Than Meets The Eye", "Five Faces Of Darkness", "The Return Of Optimus Prime" and "Rebirth", so it's pretty much a given they'll do it again with Animated. The only difference is that we now have the luxury of full season DVD boxsets as well, and aren't limited to *just* those multi-part episodes.

Just think of it in the same way as what South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, etc. often do - certain episodes get their own release, but they still show up in the season DVD's that they are technically apart of.

10. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cartoon Network have only list the movie as episodes 1-3 to have a reason to split it up for reruns, instea of having to find a 90 minute slot each time. All press releases and commercials state that it is a "movie special". It will have to be on the season 1 dvd or the first season doesn't make sense as there is no explanation of why the Autobots are on Earth, Megatron is only a head, Sari has this key etc.

11. MicroCracker

Right, it has to be released, but the could try to squeeze more money from people and release it on it's own DVD and put 13 episodes on the season set.

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transform and Roll Out is episodes 1-3, there's no reason why it would not be included with a Season 1 DVD set should it be released.