1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor/Repaint: Animated Devilbee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Solrac333, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I bought the Walmart exclusive Legacy of Bumblebee figures because I wanted the Premium Movie Bee and the Classics Bee. I am not a fan of the Animated series or the line so I figures I will go nuts with the Animated Bee. I am glad I did because I like how he turned out.

I figured that with his horns I would turn him into a little devil. Now he is Devilbee!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!

...OH YEAH! I also got rid of that annoying little siren on the roof. I just filed it down but when I did, it made a hole. I filled the hole with crazy glue and then sanded it smooth. I'm sure there's a more professional way of doing that but it worked for me. I guess that would count as my first mod.

Attached Files:

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i likes eet dude.
    what paints did you use?

3. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Thanks! Krylon black base coat and then Testors acrylics silver and 3 shades of red.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

man i seen this on ebay a month or so back and was one of your watchers glad to see you joined us here. i like how clean he looks

5. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Why didn't you bid?! I saw all those people watching me. All those yes staring at my figures and not bidding. Glad you like it.

I actually learned some things as I was repainting him. Even I noticed how clean he looked too. Thanks again.:thumbs2: 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Welcome to Radicons! :) 

I really like this character! He's got a punkish character to him that really fits, and you've executed things nicely! As far as the holes are concerned, I've used the same method + modeling putty with mixed results. I've bought some epoxy putty and don't know how I ever functioned without it now :lol 

Great work! :thumb 

7. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I don't have any putty. When I sanded the siren down I didn't know there would be a hole. So I just taped the hole up and filled the hole with crazy glue. It did the job.:)