Animated Deluxe Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my favorite Prime EVER, even with the Battle Damage. The axe has to be one of the most detailed mele weapons ever for a transformer. Its like a direct update to the original in my opinion and extremely pose-able. I wasn't going to get this, but I found a 2 pack for 10 bucks at Walmart I like him better than Swindle!

The repaint opportunities are still unrealized! I really want a grey scale, a Nemesis, Night, or Magnus repaint PLEASE HASBRO...Can you imagine him with a different accessory???

BTW Blackarachnia sucks balls, I wanted to throw her in the trash after I "transformed" her once.

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    While I disagree about Blackarachnia, I have to agree about the 2-pack Optimus. He's essentially the Deluxe Cybertron mode, but in Earth mode. Transformation is essentially identical.

I'm really hoping we get a release of this WITHOUT the battle damage.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I like the Deluxe Earth Mode Prime, but I'm actually a bigger fan of the Cybertron Mode Prime. If you want to talk about repaint possibilities, that alt mode has Kup written all over it. Give it a different head and package a Sharkticon to go with him and he's a must have! I know that there has to be a Kup repaint in our Radicons section here...

*edit* I knew it! This is freaking beautiful!

4. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I don't see the custom?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I disagree on both. BA is gresat but 2-pak Prime is not all that hot. Cyb mode Prime is much cooler.

6. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i have been reluctant to buy the two pack but you just sold me on it !

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 2-Pack Prime is a neat figure. What kills it for me is the stupid, and terribly done "battle damage". I can do a better job with a Sharpie with my eyes closed. The axe is the best of the 3 (his, deluxe cybertron, and voyager Prime), and I rather like the truck mode more than the Deluxe Cybertron mode Prime. However, given that he has battle damage, and I don't think he is worth $20 (can't stand the Deluxe megatron). Cybertron Prime has a lot more going for it in that he's rather unique looking for a Prime IMHO. Blue treads and all. I actually "play" with Cybertron Prime more than I do with the Voyager one. Just something really appealing about him that makes me go for him every time.

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I really like that toy, and its battle damage. It would have been perfect if they removed the spring loaded gimmick in exchange for stronger legs the cybertron deluxe has.

If your at walmart, there is a two pack of this prime and blackarchnia clearanced for only $9.00.
    There is also a prowl vs. megatron pack at that price.

While you may be fooled into getting the $19.99 two pack with prime and megatron. Check clearance for the exclusive packs. Now you Know!

9. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I had no idea about the spring loaded waist until I got mine, but It really doesn't get in the way at all.

One thing I noticed is that his mask is a separate piece from the rest of his head, like they chose the battle mask at the last moment.... good choice.

Btw I did see the Kup version of Cybertron Prime, it looks absolutely fantastic!

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like BA. Prime is good too. I think the Cyb. version is better. I do wish there was an easy way to remoe the battle damage.

Edit: That Kup rocks so hard!

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

What do you think makes Cyb. Prime cooler?

I'm biased, 'cos mine has insanely tight arms and really lose legs. Bit of a slut really.

12. AMG

AMG Old School

I really like BA, in fact I think it's the best figure of this character yet. Much better than the BW and BM versions.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm not normally a repaint fan, but I would buy Battle Begins Optimus without battle damage paint in a heatbeat. I have to wonder why Hasbro are dragging their feet over this when they've already repainted other figures in Animated that really didn't need it.

14. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I'll be specific about BA:
    her transformation was too simplistic for me, that and her hands are sticking out, her head has no choice but to look down directly out of her a$$ and the spider mode her wrists and hands are molded palm up.

Earth mode deluxe prime transformation is really unique and even though his head is fully enclosed in truck mode, if you open it up a little you can see that he's looking directly out through his grill....I like that for some reason.

...and yes the repaint opportunities with both Primes leave me baffled.

15. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea that Kup is just all sorts of awesome.

16. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Cybertron Mode Prime is the best. The axe looks better imo and is more versatile. And I like the shied.

BA is probably the worst Animated figure released so far. Nothing really locks into place in spider mode, it's very annoying.

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Cybertron Mode Prime is the best. The axe looks better imo and is more versatile. And I like the shield.

BA is probably the worst Animated figure released so far. Nothing really locks into place in spider mode, it's very annoying.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Prime is alright. It would be much better without the battle damage. Blackarachnia is one of the best Animated toys out there IMO.

19. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    edit: NM