Animated Deluxe Class Oil Slick

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by D Banks, May 29, 2008.

1. Synthetic Breed

Synthetic Breed Supreme Autubot Commander

Just a tip dude, if you're relatively new to a forum, and say negative shit about people who contribute for the sake of contributing, you will be unliked. coughassholecough.:thumbs2: 

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't get why he needs the space dome to cover his head, especially if it's not removable. Maybe he needs gatorade to fuel up constantly? If he does appear on the show or comics, I hope they make a story about that.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The reason I came up with is that he uses it for protection against the fear-inducing chemicals he uses, so he doesn't face the same fate as Scarecrow from Batman Begins. :D 

4. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I swear to god you and your girlfriend are the funniest couple ever, you should be in movies.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not one of my most anticipated figures, but he looks good nonetheless and I certainly will be picking him up.

Dammit, I want Animated nao ;-;

6. Kaz

Kaz Well-Known Member

wow spectacular review

7. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

He just gave us a nice review of a not yet released figure, so you shouldn't flame him ... :redface2:  where's your Oil Slick review? ... :redface2: 

Anyways, i kinda like the mold now. I was kinda sceptic in the beginning because of the " Mr.Freeze head ", but his bio and the figure is kinda good.
    I might pick him up now ! :) 

8. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry for the late reply, I'll get right on that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I got some good news, I found a feature on my camera that allows me to cut scenes in my vids, which means I can cut unnessecery parts in my reviews like transforming figures to compare. if my camera had a pause feature i could just pause it but it doenst but this will make me reviews way better. My next video/photo review is of Leader Bulkhead with a complete look at the box including the side box art and the pics of the leader and supreme also available figures. So keep posted for that and thank you for my making my reviews kinda popular. You guys rock!

10. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine in the mail today. Very nice figure, Oil Slick definitely fits the "Scarecrow of the Transformers Animated universe" idea presented in his bio. That makes 7 out of 7 TF:A figures between myself and my brother that I have been impressed with, no disappointments yet! Hopefully this continues for the remainder of the line.

11. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I like him a lot. He looks great transformed and in vehicle mode…that half assed mode is lame but doesn’t change my opinion any. I'll wait to pick him up at retail over paying an arm and a leg for him from China.

12. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Way i see it, the 3rd mode will mostly be ignored anyway. Still will get him when he hits shelves.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    3rd mode looks like bend and receive mode

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. I feel lucky, I guess, to have gotten my Oil Slick from BBTS.com so soon. His motorcycle mode is just, wow, evil looking and menacing to the core. His offset headlight is cool as is the cow skull (with painted eyes even, NERDGASM!).

Right off the bat I skipped past his stupid vehicle combat mode. I knew looking at pictures that as others have described, was a "bend and receive" type mode. I know his name is Oilslick and all, but I don't that he wants THAT part oiled up. I hope...

His robot mode, as his bio implies, looks a bit like the Batman Scarecrow villain. He has an odd helmet/mask and under that mask a (GASP!) nose! Not just any nose, but one that even Barbara Streisand would be proud even. Kidding aside he's got a great look, with an awesome menacing appeal. His chest emblem even has a cool Decepticon tribal look to it, something that would even look good as a tatoo. Hmm...

His weapons are his chain weapon, and Ultimate Beer Keg of Evil. Seriously. His "other" weapon is just a container with just an opening lid. Must be for his fear sauce or whatever would come out of, if we had an Animated character to base it off of. THAT is Oil Slick's biggest weakness, and I hope it gets corrected. To me, he'd have an oily, slimy type voice with a hint of cheese. Kind of like a BAD New York used car salesman, but without the New York accent. Of course, having trained with Prowl (according to his bio) I'd HOPE to see him in a flashback scene and have him be something or someone Prowl would be afraid of knowing what he is capable of.

He is, so far, the second best motorcycle Transformer. EVER. His is right behind Prowl in overall cool factor, though.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  15. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I bit.

I'm glad I did. This guy just oozes character and personality.

Needs his own episode, nao!

16. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this guy... pretty awesome like everyone said but disappointingly his right arm keeps popping off.. His leg joints are loose as hell but his arms are way too tight. Oh well, I'll try and fix him up a bit cause he really does look badass.

17. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I have a sudden urge to get this guy for Blackarachnia to ride on.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey is this guy as articulated as Prowl? It seems like it due to the design of the joints, but I couldn't tell for sure.

I hope he shows up in season 3, it would be awesome to see Prowl take on a dedicated rival.

19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Just got him today and I absolutely love him. Makes a perfect partner for Lockdown. And I really dig the old-school Mr. Freeze dome.

In terms of articulation:

Swivel head and hinge neck (so he can nod)

Restricted ball joints on the shoulder (small amount of kibble limits ability to swing back when arms are at his sides).

Hinge elbow

Hinge on forearm - lets you cross the arms - just a little below the elbow

Ball joint thumb (restricted)

Hinge fingers (group of 3 moves together - part of TF scheme)

NO waist articulation

Ball jointed hips

Hinge knees

About 90 degree movement up/down for ankle/feet.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey misterd, thanks for the breakdown on articulation, can the elbows and knees bend more than 90 degrees?