Animated Blackarachnia!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
  2. ludafatjoe

ludafatjoe New Member

blackarachnia bought from where

i have been looking everywhere for blackarachnia. where did you buy or get it from so i can get one too.

3. ludafatjoe

ludafatjoe New Member

where can i buy a blackarachnia like tis one in the picture. i want one really badly

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia at this point can only be found on ebay or through private deals with the ebay sellers.

5. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

Woah at first I wanted to get BA because I thought "Along Came a Spider" was a good episode, but now I see that graple work function so well I'm solid with it now. Never Have I seen such good grapling capabilities in a toy before, that's realy cool.

6. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

That figure looks awesome, great review. I'm impressed, they did a great job on the fiugre and detailed too. Well she like all the others except Sentinal are on my definiate list...man I am so happy my mom is nice enough to pay for these since I don't have a job.....on a second note, I feel bad for her pocket book.

7. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i got mine this past week and i have to say she is seriously edgeing up there on prowl i mean the transformation is simple yet ingenious. and i dont have a pic but those that have her when in spider mode the way her mouth meets up with her other female part im suprised no ones made a joke comic about it. something like prime asking her why shes always in spider mode if she hates it then next panel have her upsidedown saying it has its perks. but i love how the head and fangs turn into boobs andhourglass waist. all in all i love the figure and yes the grappler is awsome.

8. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Can the BA figure pose with her arms crossed?

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have to say that I love my BA. Her grapnel claw is hella strong. She'll drag things across carpet without a problem.

10. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My thoughts-

Every major TF line in modern times needs to include at least 1 token female character. Partly to appease "diversity" claims; partly to keep the ol' "Do TFs have genders?" debate going on forever.

Blackarachnia is Animated's token female, taking the name of a legendary Beast Wars character known for her take-charge attitude and...distinctive physical features.

[​IMG]

Blackarachnia's alt. mode is a gigantic alien spider. It looks just like a regular Earth spider in toy form, but the television show has gone to great lengths to prove that she's an ALIEN spider, so I felt it worth mentioning. Her Robot hands are somewhat conspicuous in Robot Mode, kind of like Beast Machines Blackarachnia.

[​IMG]

Blackarachnia's Robot Mode suffers from all the typical problems of female Transformers- she's smaller than most others, her feet are tiny so she can't stand up perfectly, and she has "open" hands as opposed to the traditional closed-fist approach. And she's purple. That's feminine, right?

Aside from that, Blackarachnia's pretty fun. Great deal of articulation, capable of using the shoulder-sting attack from the show, good design. She does have a hole in her chest though.

Blackarachnia's main weapon is a grappling hook, which can work in Beast or Robot mode. She can't really hold in in Robot Mode; it has to be mounted on her arm. (Hmm, a spider-like character with an arm-mounted device that contains a rope which lets them swing away. How unique.
    :p fft )

[​IMG]

Blackarachnia's not a bad figure by any means; she's probably the best out of all incarnations of the character. I'm just not as fond of her as I am of most other Animated toys.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Looks great in both modes.

I never cared much for the BW2 Version

12. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

I really like the character and the toy does it justice.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I got her with the other three. She is great, but I'm undecided where I rate her.

Pros:

-Sleek in both modes. Feminine and slim without looking brittle and weak.

-Colours are just great.

-Sturdy. Looks so fragile but feels more durable than most other line's deluxes.

-Grapnle hook is cool. Max likes it, so it's A-okay with me.:thumb 

-For such a scary spider-type, she's adorable in arachno-mode.

Cons:

-While she is accurate, there are just ome things that stick out both modes than bitchslaps that part of my brain that is anal about accuracy. Legs in bot mode, missing spider eye in spider mode.

I recommend.:thumb 

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pros:

* Beats the living crap out of any BW Blackarachnia mold. The Beast Machines version is the only one that gives it a run for its money.

* a good 'feminine form' TF in general, neither too beefy nor too girly.

* Grapnel claw does everything it needs to, which is basically letting BA hang from things in either mode

* clever transformation design, especially with the spider fangs filling out the waist area.

Cons: (AKA nitpicks)

* You can see completely through her just under the neck joint in robot mode.

* kinda fiddly to stand up in robot mode, especially since one of two toe-joints on mine don't support the toy's weight.

* Kinda wish there was a way to rotate the forearms/wrists. The construction of the arms/hands make most arm poses look like either begging for spare change or cradling an invisible baby.

* the gold Decepticon symbol really doesn't work on her IMO. I covered it with a reprolabel. While I was at it, I took a Sharpie marker to her face to give her a little black 'lipstick' - helps emphasize the facial detail methinks.

Overall: a little flawed in spots, and in construction feels a bit more like a BW/BM toy than an Animated one (not that it's surprising or anything), but still up to the high standards of the Animated line.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I too gave my BA some sharpie lipstick. More about accuracy than lost detail IMO, but it works so well I'm honestly puzzled as to why they left it off.

16. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I love this toy. Great posability and good lookin' in both modes. I love that I can pose her in some of my Kyokushin Karate forms lol.

:) 

17. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

The grappling hook is really neat and works well. Pretty glad I didn't wait any longer to pick her up. Nice looking bot mode, though I don't care too much for the spider mode... The neck hole thing doesn't bother me too much.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm glad I got off the fence and decided to buy it. It's a great mold, nice and poseable with a pleasing color scheme and a fun transformation. The grappling hook feature works great.

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just slap her grapnel hook thingy on her back, completely masks the gap.

BA is one of my first three Animated toys, along with Bulkhead and BB. I'd put her in the middle of the three, better than Bumblebee (who is cool but held back by some annoying flaws), not as good as Bulkhead (who's perfect outside of the scale issue). BA is a very cool figure who look fantastic in both modes (I also added the black lipstick and I quite like the look - not that I can do anything about it now :p ). My only issues with her are the static wrists (not as annoying as they were on Cyb Scourge) and the fact that she can be a bit of a pain to balance properly. Once balanced, though, she can pull off some pretty sweet poses.

:thumbs2: 

20. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Just found her at wal-mart(Along with other animated :D ) at shes pretty cool.