Animated Atomic Lugnut!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Thank you for the review and all the photos! :)  I really like the paint job on this one, the mix between atomic symbols and World War styling really came out great! :)  Thanks again!

2. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty neat, I'll see where I'm at financially and in terms of what Animated figures I need to get when it comes out. Though I do like this figure and approve of the repaint.

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah i am def getting this one i dont have this mold yet and i like it way better then i do the original mold. I love that paint apps

4. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Eh not interested. Pass.

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome repaint, can we get comparisons with the Original and with Shockwave?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, the more I see of this repaint, the more I don't like it. I'll more than likely go out and buy the original version. The teal-ish color does look nice though, and looks kinda similar to the color that was on the Lugnut prototypes, before it was changed for the production version.

7. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for posting that! Looks good!

8. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I still say it's Lugnut in a Grimlock costume. :D 

9. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The cockpit teeth make it awesome. If I wasn't already completionist on Animated, that would be the only reason to buy this, since the new color scheme isn't by itself anything to write home about.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    He reminds me of energon scoroponok

11. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally found this guy, and he was definitely worth passing over the original Lugnut; he looks fantastic with these new colors in both modes.

Quick question for anyone else that has him: do you find that his left chest piece (cockpit) doesn't slide as far back as his right chest piece? Mine sticks forward a little bit..

12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    not very popular over here in my area of ohio because i found wreck-gar on the 11th and they had 2 of these and they were still there when i got one of them yesterday but i love him!

-AAD

13. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pics, click on the image above

Remarks: Atomic Lugnut is a repaint of the first Animated Lugnut, so look there for the full review. Just a few words on the differences here. Personally I would have liked to see his version of Lugnut in the Animated series, mostly because the events described in his profile text sound pretty interesting. As for the figure itself, Lugnut has traded in his somewhat classic Decepticon paintjob (purple and teal) for colors that are (mostly) more realistic, a blue-grey with mustard-yellow, black, and red highlights and - hence his name - a big symbol for radioactivity on his mace, as well as black-yellow stripes on his fists / engines. In bomber mode he also sports a shark grin on the sides of the cockpit.

No design changes to the figure, of course, (it's still awfully short for a Voyager-class figure) so it's only the paint job that differs. Personally I like this version a bit better than the first one, though RtS Lugnut is still the best version of Lugnut currently in existence. Paintjob-wise Atomic Lugnut and RtS Lugnut are actually closer than the two Animated versions, so in terms of looks I'd rank the three Lugnuts as follows: 1) RtS Lugnut, 2) Atomic Lugnut and 3) original Lugnut. Of course original Lugnut has the distinction of being the only one of them to actually appear in the TV series, which elevates him again.

Bottom line: A nice repaint of Lugnut. Not a must-have for anyone who's already got the original or the RtS version, but if you don't own a Lugnut yet, this one is worth a look. That, and I like the idea of him leaving burning radioactive footsteps wherever he goes.

Rating: B