Animated Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DecepticonZone, Jan 8, 2010.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I love her. She is everything I was hopeing for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone have huge stress marks on the inside of her feet? Just noticed mine. Seems like the swivel peg on the leg was too thick for the foot, causing the plastic in the foot to stress.

I also shaved down the inside of the pegs that her hands hold on to in car mode. I also plan on shaving down some plastic on the swords handles so they slide in easier.

3. kenm2474

Just looked. Dont see any stress marks there.

4. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    After weeks of hunting, I finally found this amazing figure tonight - the only one in the store! My joy and excitement was somewhat muted upon first transformation, however, when I noticed that my figure also has the same issue. At first I thought this was just part of the toy's design, but after closely studying pics posted in this thread, I think you and I are alone in this problem. I say "problem," but it honestly doesn't affect her stability in any way, so I'm not completely bothered by it. But I do see pics of figures with both legs completely flush with the inner hood in bot mode, so I guess ours just need a little extra plastic shaved off for clearance of that tab. I'm hoping to track another Arcee down in the future to compare.

5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Stress marks/hairline cracks on her feet---yup.

Knee joint issue? Yup. Gotta shave it down. Only needs a TINY little sliver taken away.

I didn't see a need to alter the hands/pegs in car mode at all---I painted the fingers on mine (she should have white fingers with a black base, but I just went with all black---the molding simply isn't crisp enough to define her fingers more than that) and haven't had any chipping/peeling yet, though it's only been 2 transformations since painting. (really the whole toy could use more black to match the animation model, and I touched up almost everywhere that needed it--strangely, her feet should be almost all pink, and they were molded in all pink--yet painted all black)

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

thanks for the idea. I wanted to give arcee a gun!

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Me! Plus one of the legs doesn't hold onto the hip ball joints very securely. These newest Animated exclusives seem rushed and of poorer quality compared to previous releases. Hopefully the factory shapens up, as these figures are great designs.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's not on all the Arcees out there but the swords don't even come close to being able to slide down into her hands without bending the thumb to a point where they will stress.

I didn't even try to. I just shaved some plastic off the handle so they slide in easily.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The magenta plastic is a little on the brittle side and doesn't take stress very well. The thumbs and the feet seem to be the places of the most stress.

10. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    That's very nice indeed!!!!!

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I'm surprised to say this but I actually like Cybertron Mode Ratchet much more than Arcee.

12. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Really? I was just fiddling with both figures and I find Arcee far superior. Ratchet's transformation is seriously lacking in the "fun" department. Maybe I got a bad one, but his back legs don't peg in well at all in vehicle mode. His bot mode is ace, but the vehicle is very "meh." The completist in me still wants Ironhide to come out, but now I'm a bit disappointed in the mold. Arcee, however (minus the lame wings) is excellent in both modes and is a blast to transform.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The legs on my Ratchet plug in fine in alt mode.

I find his transformation rather fun, actually. Especially the chest and head area. The arms tucking into what would be the trunk area are a little fiddly though.

It is definitely a huge improvement from the Earth mode Ratchet though.

Arcee I feel that while she is a good figure, there are just some things about it that turn me off. First and foremost the QC issues. Stress marks seem to plague her. Secondly the design of the hands. I would've taken closed fists over the ones that she has now. Lastly, I feel the wings could've been left out.

'Course this is all opinion. :D 

14. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I really, really like this figure a lot more than I was expecting. She's so photogenic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have no stress marks on mine, and I haven't put her down since I got her 4 days ago. And I LOVE her hands, Mostly because of the first pic above. Her neutral pissed off stance wouldn't be any where NEAR as cool with fists.

I agree about the wings though. I just leave them off. If they had been incorporated into the transformation, I would like them more.

15. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    ^You're gonna get stress marks on the inside of her hands eventually. Its unavoidable unless you plan on not using her swords.

Other than that, I'm really glad I finally found her, especially since I didn't have to pay a scalper ebay price for her. Her car mode is really sleek and fun, and her highly posable bot mode is great. I really like her swords and I even enjoy the fins on her bot mode. She's got great light piping, like Gog has shown us, and tons of character.

Recommended!

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The pegs that her hands hold on to in car mode can also cause stress marks on the hands.

I ended up shaving off some plastic on both the pegs and the swords so they slide in easily on the hands.

17. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Arcee and Cybertron Mode Ratchet yesterday, and I haven't been able to stop transforming either of them! Both of them were basically what my last month (at most) of searching has been for, and I'm glad to say I'm not disappointed with either! Anyone who's able to should definitely get both! :D 

18. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Couldn't agree more with everything said here. CM Ratchet is sort of disappointing to me as well. Arcee, on the other hand, is making my wife rather jealous lately. LOLZ! :lol 

This is true. I had none for days and then, sure enough, there they were, slowly starting to appear. But honestly, as long as they stay on the inside of her hands, whatever. They're only really noticeable when the swords aren't in, and that's still a stretch, IMO. They're still pretty faint to the eyes, overall.

And I love your pics, Gog! :thumbs2: 

19. kenm2474

Arcee and Ratchet are both Great Figures.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    was ratchet worth buying? I didn't even pick it up.