Minor/Repaint: Animated Arcee repainted, new character, WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pun-3X, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

updated shots
    [​IMG]

lower chest, painted blue (hard to see in the first image)
    [​IMG]

---------
    original post
    ---------

This is one I've been meaning to get to, so I finally went out and started looking for paint colors I wanted. I couldn't decide between blue or green, but I knew that was where I wanted to go. I was also afraid if I went with those colors, she would be viewed as "Chromia" or "Moonracer," (or Paradron Medic) and I'm not making any of these characters. Well, I found metallic green and blue that I rather liked together and decided to paint her in both. Primarily green, broken up by the blue, and black for certain areas.

I partially reassembled her for the pics, so you can get an idea.

[​IMG]

The head will be a new one, and I'm kinda-sorta working on that separate(later!) Though I have an idea what I'll be using. The hip panels were popped back in just to cover the hot pink ball joints. I'm either going to paint them in black or in the same metal blue.

The rest of her body is going to be broken up into two-tone. But I haven't decided how I'm going to segment it all just yet.

and car pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, my big issue at the moment is what to do with the white-gray portions. Again, the hip panels are covered, but I don't know if I should paint these in blue, or if I should do something totally different--like aluminum or steel/silver. Or maybe just paint them green like the front.

[​IMG]

I'm also debating some of the front end elements. I want to paint the grill, but I don't know if blue or black would work. Also thinking of painting that top panel segment where both pieces fold into the legs in blue.

So, any suggestions? I'm also thinking maybe more black than I was planning. As a heads-up, I've already decided on those two colors, so it's just a matter of how I'll proceed. But any thoughts can be helpful.

Attached Files:

2. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Those colours look really nice together - interesting to see that you're not going with Moonracer or Paradron medic (although looking at those vehicle mode pics, the animated Arcee mold could actually make a pretty good Moonracer).

3. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

I like those colors. It's very nice.

4. blastpak

blastpak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the white works. Maybe a pearly white? The grill at the front maybe silver or the blue you've been using.

5. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I like black to break it up a bit more. What you've got going is looking really nice, though. Fits in with the other figures rather well!

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    this is going to be great

7. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    New character for ze roll call? I say silver for the White grey parts, break up the colours!

8. changy

changy Well-Known Member

Nice colors can't wait to see it's done. Still can't work out who give us a hint

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I really like the color you used.

Can't wait to see it finished.

10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. It's funny--I WAS considering silver for the grill as well, but figured it might not fit. But if I use that silver in the pearl white parts as well it might work better. It's definitely an option. Glad the two-tone doesn't clash for you guys; I'm always afraid that a color scheme I think is great will make people go "BLEUGH! WTF?!" :lol 

Oh, it's a whole new character. Haven't even come up with a name yet.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'd do a silver on those parts as well, I think it would make it pop.

As for a name: either 'Beryl' (the stone which gives the Emerald it's name), or 'Esmeraude' since that's a origin on the word Emerald, and makes a cool fembot name.

IF you were to make her an existing universe character, I'd say Botanica, since she needs a cooler design than what we got from Beast Machines.

12. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

No way man! Those colors look great together! Maybe add a smidge more of the blue somewhere. Love what you've got going so far!

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. And yeah, I'll be adding more blue to break up some of the robot a bit. Debating whether I should paint partial abs in blue, or maybe the whole ab section in silver/steel? I've decided to paint the hood/shin panels in blue after all as well.

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Okay, so I've updated with new WiP pics, as I've rather settled on the paint scheme I wanted. Still working on the headpiece (hopefully I can pull it off), but at least you can see what is about 95% of the finished body:

[​IMG]

And a closer shot of her lower chest--I painted it blue to break things up a bit, with the silver "grill" to match her upper abdomen.
    [​IMG]

I think the rest of this project will be shown once I complete it. I'm aiming for this weekend unless a catastrophe happens with the head or something. No guarantees or anything, but I'll try. :wink: 

15. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:

Attached Files:

• 12A.jpg
      12A.jpg
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • 16A.jpg
      16A.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  16. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!

17. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Nice! I really like the additions!

18. wyze2099

wyze2099 Well-Known Member

I still see Moonracer when I look at that figure's color scheme, but in my mind that isn't a bad thing. Moony's one of my favorite characters. But hey, it should be interesting to see what this one's name and personality end up being.