Animated Allspark Almanac

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by muffinhunter, Jan 4, 2009.

1. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Just to let everyone know, the Transformers Animated Allspark Almanac that we heard about a few weeks back is now available for order on Amazon (it was previously only available on the Canadian Amazon):

""Transformers Animated: The AllSpark Almanac" is a comprehensive, one-of-a-kind atlas to an amazing new universe. It allows you to: discover behind-the-scenes secrets directly from the show's creators; marvel at the gorgeous settings where Autobots and Decepticons do battle; and, admire the show's dynamic and unique aesthetic. This full-color volume is packed with over 250 pages of bios, character models, episode summaries, interviews, and more!"

Amazon.com: Transformers Animated: The Allspark Almanac: Jim Sorenson, William Forster, Various Artists: Books

EDIT: I should have clarified: available for PRE-order. It's not being published till August.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like a dream!

I guess that's one that I'll buy instead of reading for free on the internet!

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    August is a bit too far away for me to pre-order, especially since we haven't even seen what it'll look like.

4. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    ahhhh.....cool..........maybe?

5. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Agreed: this is very much getting bought. Whatever your thoughts on Animated, there's no denying that this is the kind of fan-oriented project that's worth applauding and supporting; high-quality supplementary detail that gives real creative insight and behind-the-scenes detail, unencumbered by the need for a commercial presentation. That a product of this kind has been licenced for Animated of all shows, which up to this point has been pretty much exclusively kid-oriented in its marketing approach, really is a testament to how seriously and respectfully Hasbro et al do treat this franchise's adult fan community...again, this is one I'll absolutely be supporting with my cash come August. :) 

6. muffinhunter

The main reason I haven't pre-ordered it yet is that I like to do my Amazon orders in $25 increments to get free shipping, so I'll wait till closer to the date to find something to pair it up with. Of course, since it's being published by IDW, I could probably pre-order it for a nice discount on Discount Comic Book Service along with my regular comic book order for that month.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I might get this whenever I see it in August.

8. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    i'll only get it if it'll be available in borders

9. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man..August is so far away..but I will DEFINITELY get this book!!

10. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I'm ALMOST sure that the Almanac gonna have Season 3 info, it's coming out late enough to not spoil anyone.

11. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Yes, and let's hope so. It would feel incomplete if it wouldn't have S3 stuff after we've seen the season on tv already...plus S3 has some great designs!! (Spittor's bot mode FTW)

12. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

I might get this.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Spittor's bot AND vehicle mode.

Such a clever way to do a beast character without going Blackarachnia-route again!

The best part of stuff like that for me are the animation models, even unused animation models, I just like to see the various different aspects fo each character! Not to mention they help me alot when I'm drawing.

14. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Yes, those are great references. After all, that's what the animators use themselves! :cool: 

Personally I also love seeing art with differences in bots between Cybertron and Earth mode..don't ask me why, I totally dig that. It's like the game of 'find the differences' but awesome...:crazy: 

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I hope we get to see more Cybertronian modes, Starscream, Prowl and Lugnut all look awesome in the Cyb. Bot modes but I just don't know what they turn into!

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Ooooh... me wants.

17. Digilaut

News Credits:
    I think they haven't made Cybertron modes for Starscream and Lugnut (besides their bot mode), but I heared Prowl DOES have one designed..for some reason he's the only one who'se Cyb. mode is never shown though, in neither the cartoon nor any animation sheets I've come across..

so yeah..would be interesting!

18. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I cannot NOT get this book.

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Maybe not completed designs, but Derrick Wyatt said that every character and mode he works on, he needs some kind of alt-mode in mind in case Hasbro wants to make a toy.

20. muffinhunter

I asked Derrick about Cybertronian modes on his blog one time, and he said that none of the Decepticons had Cybertronian alt-modes designed except for ones already shown on the show like Megatron, and that Prowl DOES have one designed.

As far as season 3 stuff in the book goes, it seems that it depends on space, and that an "update volume" has not been ruled out:

Read the comments in the original announcement post:

Disciples of Boltax: Coming this spring: The AllSpark Almanac

And, more recently, this:

Disciples of Boltax: WANTED: Club magazine Animated Bios