Animal Crossing General Thread - Rise up against Tom Nook!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kujo1597, May 16, 2013.

1. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With New Leaf coming out not exactly super soon but soon enough to make me never shut up about it I decided to make an Animal Crossing thread. But I saw that the Wild World one died a long while ago so I decided to make a general thread instead. I've played all the games in the series, not recently mind you, but I do remember a fair bit due to my ability to remember only useless stuff. :p 

I'm not a very good conversation starter though... I mostly dump a ton of data and then say stuff when people bring it up. I plan on sharing my patterns after New Leaf comes out because of the useful QR feature. I hope you all feel like doing the same. I already have a collection of patterns bookmarked on my Twit-me-do.

I'm really looking forward to New Leaf because of all the new customization options they've added. Like girls being able to wear pants! :) O As the mayor you can build stuff in your little town along with the usual fishing and chatting. I'm picking up my copy digitally the moment it becomes available to get a head start on my mayor points. I usually spend most of my time fishing so I'm going to have a house between the beach and the store so I can easily sell and stash fish.

There's a Tumblr page where the user has compiled a ton of information and patterns: Animal Crossing New Leaf He didn't make the patterns but sourced them all and some of the people have more posted on their pages. I know you can probably get that stuff elsewhere but I like the organization on that page.

Oh, and favourite animal go! Limburg for me. I like the mice and the grumpy-gusses. I've seen a picture of him in New Leaf so I know he's there.

2. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to buy the game, it'll be my first Animal Crossing. Not sure what to expect because I haven't looked that deep into it. I always did like those Harvest Moon games though so I should enjoy this one.

3. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    I hope you enjoy New Leaf. :)  Imma spoiler tag my summery of the series incase you don't want it.
    Animal Crossing isn't quite like Harvest Moon since you aren't really given any goals. You kinda make your own. Mine are always "Pay off my house, make a cool looking character, and become bestest friends with the animals." and stuff like that. It's a nice way to unwind after playing a really difficult game because you just relax and do stuff. You can try to complete every exibit in the museaum, make what's considered to be a perfect town, get your house to look the way you want it, and so on.
    There's a ton of different stuff to do and collect. But to be honest, I'm not that good at making games sound good. :lol  But I guess it being good is shown by my and many other's enthusiasm.

But I also haven't played a Harvest Moon game in several years and that was the GameCube one which is apparently terrible so I don't know how much series has changed since then. I know that you have a farm and you make a lady love you then you make babies and raise your family and try to keep your bride happy.

Oh, and a quick avatar change to the character I plan on making eventually. I did some math and it'll take a minimum of 37 days to get her that way because her haircut is one the boy's cuts. But I think it suits me pretty decently forum wise. My posts are overly wordy and formal.

4. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animal Crossing is fun, haven't played for a long time.

5. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

The wife loves this game. I tried it felt like management work just like Harvest Moon.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only really ever got into the GC game. But now that the wife has a 3dsxl as well, we'll probably both get into this.

7. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

I've played all of them,currently own Wild world and the GC one. You know what's funny about this game series? This is pretty much the only game series where you can cheat in the game by using the calendar feature of the console.

8. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Are you #foreveralone like me? If so then you may enjoy the online features outlined in this video:
    Inside the Treehouse with Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Connectivity (Ep 2) - YouTube

I'm liking the sound of the DreamSuite, people can check out your town but if they ruin all your stuff it's not for real and your actual town will be a-OK. Not that I think any of you would ruin my town but if I were to join an Animal Crossing forum then I would only give out my password to my DreamSuit town. :lol  What wasn't mentioned in this video is that you get 5000Bells when you update your DreamSuite Town once a day. Or at least according to here.

I never got to experience playing Animal Crossing with another person just visiting my friend's town in the first one on her GameCube. I'm hoping that I can get online with people this time around.

The Spotpass/Streetpass thing is pretty cool. People getting my home will probably wonder what kind of weirdo has a house like that. :lol  I never really go for a theme, I just put items in it that I think are cool and whatever dresser I can find so I can store all my stuff before a fishing trip in the middle of the night.

You can also buy stuff you see in people's homes. I'm curious about whether or not you can buy the Fortune Cookie items; those all look pretty cool. I'm building up my Play Coins just for that.

Yep, a lot of games use the clock and calandar but it's pretty much just Animal Crossing thaty has events at certain times and dates.
    But I'm a good little girl and never cheat. ;) 

EDIT: I forgot where it was announced but there's going to be a new Streetpass puzzle for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I need to open up my plaza so I can start getting them again. I just haven't fel like starting up Find Mii 2 so I didn't. I somehow forgot about the puzzles. I have a good amount of pieces.

9. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    As much as I hate double posting, I'd hate not sharing this video even more. At around the 10 minute mark they get to the Dream Suite and the town they visit is amazing. So many Tales series patterns! :D  The houses for the player character are really cool! The rooms have themes to them and look really nice. Like the saloon and concert rooms.
    GRACIE GRACE AND DREAM MANSION - Eng Voice Translation Animal Crossing : New Leaf Game Play Part 35 - YouTube

Ah man! I wish I were that good at making patterns! But maybe being able to make your own palette will help me out a bit. :lol 

That video is part of a long series where they go over the features for New Leaf. It's in Japanese but Lindsey does provide translations...for the most part.

That video made me want to put more effort into making my town really nice looking. I tend to ignore that aspect in favour of chatting, making patterns, and fishing. But the fact that I always start playing after 9:00PM is probably a large part of the reason why. :lol 

10. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have to check those two vids out tomorrow. Gotta get up early.

Anyways, is anyone doing a preorder bonus? If not, then I'll probably just buy it at Walmart on the morning of release.

11. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might get this game. It looks awesome but I've never played animal crossing nor harvest moon before. So I'm not exactly sure what it's all about.

12. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    You don't have a location listed so I'll just cover all bases, and there might be somebody outside of North America wondering the same thing.

In the United States there is no bonus, I doubt Canada has one either.

But Europe and Austrailiaapparently do have a pre-order bonus at Game; it's a model of town hall and Isabella. Here is a link with a picture and details if you're curious: Buy Limited Edition Animal Crossing Nintendo 3DS XL White with Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Free UK Delivery | GAME crossing

That's as far as I know anyway.

I've been building up my playcoins with these hour long walks every day. I'm to 163 now. :lol  I'm saving most of them for the fortune cookies. I'm a sucker for Nintendo themed items.

I've been watching those LinandKo videos and I saw the Easter Set. Man, I really want that! It's really cute! But I have to wait until next year. :(  Why did April have to come before June? I need to stop watching those videos though, I'd like some surprises. :lol 

In those videos I noticed that villagers wander around a lot more. You can even see the odd one in a store. I think that's a neat addition; it makes it seem like they're more like people.

13. KaguyaHouraisan

Any idea on does gamestop have the pre-order bonus or is it just for internet purchases?

14. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Sorry, I have no idea.

Why was the title for my thread changed by the way? I like Tom Nook... He's a cute little raccoon and he helps you when you're homeless. I actually saw a comic about him on Tumblr that I really liked. http://cuteosphere.tumblr.com/post/50839044805/the-innocence-of-youth

Well, I guess my title WAS pretty boring before. So it's not that big of a deal. I guess....

I'm mostly kidding by thy way. I was just suprised is all. :lol 

15. KaguyaHouraisan

Oh well,I quess i'm gonna go pre-order it pretty soon and ask if they have the pre-order bonus.

16. Secretcode

Secretcode An Army of Beeeeeeees Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wait, there's a Preorder bonus?

17. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info, Kujo1597!

I'll just be picking this up at Walmart on the morning of release. I think I'll try for a Mass Effect theme.

18. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Only for Europe and possibly Austrailia. For those places is a "model" of town hall and a figure of Isabelle.

You're welcome. :)  But I do owe pretty much all of it to BidoofCrossing on Tumblr and LinandKo on YouTube. :lol  All of them are doing contests by the way. I definitely need to get a Tumblr account now.

Does your town have more weeds than there are people in Martinsville? How about your friend's? If so then go to each other's towns and pull some weeds. Leif will give you items for helping him tidy up as outlined in this video:
    WEED PICKING EVENT Animal Crossing New Leaf Gameplay - YouTube

That actually looks kinda neat. It'd be good for people who haven't checked their town in a while and it just became over-run. The Weed Pulling Event is also an event on September 3rd and you still get an item if you've been pulling all the weeds prior to that day.

Also, you'd think that with all this advanced planning I would've come up with a town name by now. ~_~ But I have been wisely spending my time attempting to come up with murals and even made three templates. Since you can now carry ten patterns with you so you can do a mural that's a 3x3 square.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  19. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I heard about the Nintendo items being obtained through Fortune Cookies/Play Coins. Now I'm Michael J Fox-ing through some dates.

20. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    :lol  Yep, I've been taking my 3DS out with me all the time now. Those items are pretty awesome. Here's a list of them with pictures: Animal Crossing New Leaf Fortune Cookie Rewards Guide - Animal Crossing New Leaf Well, a link to a link of the list anyway.