And this guy is supposed to be protecting us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prowl, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont know if this has been posted, but I saw it in the news this morning.

This soldier apparently threw this puppy off a cliff and video taped it.

This doesn't really need to be here. -2005 staff

I doubled-checked the video to see if it might be fake, and while the possibility is there, you do see the dog leave the guy's hand (the dog could have already been dead as it makes no motions whatsoever), so unfortunately it's just the case of someone being very sick, not that faking a video like this wouldn't be sick anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah just saw that. Was like damn , way to make the US military look good.

Id bitch about it, but he's already going to get it pretty big. Serves him right

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Im sure Bay wouldve made a big explosion out of the thing. I dont care who you are, if you hurt an animal, you are a waste of skin.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If it was ANYBODY ELSE, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, poeple would just piss and moan about how fucked up society is. Because its a soldier, now everybody's going to talk shit about the military.
    Back when I was like ten, my friends, some other kids and I got into a fight at school we were all "base kids" home grown on the Air Force and Naval bases all around the country, sure we were given equal amounts of punishment for it by the school, our parents, yadda yadda. But then my dad sat us down and talked to us. The public eye will always be looking for the military to screw up just so they can point fingers. We had to be above them and set an example so society didn't think shit about our community, our -family-.
    But yeah, like seeker said, this guy is seriously screwed in the head, I'm not defending him on anything :/
    DN

5. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

What Nuva says is true. There are f'ed up people in every walk of life, but we do hold the military to higher standards. They are supposed to be symbols, and when one thing goes wrong, it just opens the floodgates for people to make ridiculous claims about the "military culture" or something.

I think that guy should be thrown off the cliff by a large dog, and that should be the end of the discussion.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

What´s gonna hapen to him?

7. snackdragon

snackdragon Banned

That's just sick!

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

There have been links to this all over the internet for the last few days.

I still refuse to watch it.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Me too, I have no need to see something like that.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't watch it for morbid curiosity because I am a huge animal lover (and that shit would just infuriate me), but there were claims that the footage was doctored, and I wanted to see if it was true. The footage was not doctored, but I am willing to bet that what happened was that these two guys were on patrol and saw a dead puppy and thought they would pull a prank. I have owned a million puppies and at that age they will not sit still while you handle them. I genuingly think the dog was already dead. It doesn't make it, or the video-posting, any less stupid, but I honestly think the prank wasn't in doctored footage or clever editing, I think it was in the use of an animal that was already dead.

edit: and this wasn't a post to dis the miliatary. I have two friends in Iraq and whether I agree with the war or not, I still support their part in it It's more that whether they like it or not, they are not civilians, and they can throw dead dogs off a cliff until they settle whatever is going on in their sick minds, but why add fuel to the fire and videotape it?

11. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Hell Yeah!!!

12. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

The puppy looked alive to me. Saw its head move several times during the short video. Also, the puppy wouldn't have moved its body much since the soldier was holding it by its back neck. Which usually renders the pup motionless.

These guys are just sick motherf@#$%$$#s. Well what goes around comes around.

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    That is pretty sick.

I don't think that the fact that he is a millitary man has anything to do with him being deranged.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I assume this will be locked at some point, but I do have to say that the video is pretty sickening. Honestly, I recognize that there are straight-headed folks in the military, but...look, really, there are a few sick fucks in the forces as well. Now we get to watch one throw a puppy and shrug it off like it's a joke. That's a sick fuck.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dog's head was moving because the guy was holding the neck in a way that a twist of his fingers could turn the head around. The parts of the puppy that would be moving would be his feet, and not only are they dangling, but when he reaches back it doesn't make any motion to correct itself. He's pretty much a rag doll. I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part that it was just a prank with an already-dead animal, because the dog, at that size, would show more resistance to being held like that. But who knows.

It's sick regardless of the method.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, I love this.

First of all, if it wasn't a post intended to 'dis' the military, what's with the thread title you chose?

"And this guy is supposed to be protecting us" implies that he's not protecting us because of what he's doing with the dog. You make a point to call attention to his service, as though what he's doing is somehow worse because of his profession. But it's not.

At worst, it's the same as a civilian doing it. At best, it's actually less significant because you have to take into account the situation they're in.

They have to deal with the pressure of combat, right? They've been trained to be professional killers, then placed into a situation like Iraq. And the fact is, you can't honestly say how you'd behave with the unique stresses they're under.

Was what they did wrong? Of course. But passing judgment as readily and casually as you did is unreasonable.

Reminds me of part of a Kipling poem, Tommy:

"We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
    but single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
    An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints:
    Why, single men in barracks don't grow into plaster saints;"

17. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I love animals, and after being around the internet long enough I've seen a lot of sick crap (which I can never unsee). This is just another thing that has my blood boiling. It's disgusting, it's sadistic, and the guy deserves to be thrown off a cliff himself. Sorry, but I have zero tolerance for human beings who commit animal cruelty. Especially to something as innocent as a puppy.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Agree 300% DK.

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I will never watch the video. Stuff like this is absolutely sick.
    Throw that fucker off a cliff!

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    What a bunch of sick stupid bastards, a way to proof what's worst in humanity.