Ancient Aliens & Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FeelingLuckyPnk, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like that show, sometimes their ideas get a little out of hand, but most of the time it's really great. The funny thing is, every time I watch that show I think of Revenge of the Fallen and the whole pyramid thing.:thumbs2: 

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Red box has them if your interested in viewing them.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watch the it, its pretty good show. Season 3 will start shortly.

Some ideas are off the wall but its always good to have a different view point, in some subjects.

Yeah, I noticed how Ancient Aliens and ROTF were similarly connected in the artistry.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Ancient Aliens wrote the script for ROTF, that's why it doesn't make any goddamn sense to human minds.

Who came up with Skids and Mudflap? Not saying it was aliens... but... it was aliens.

Yeah, the whole "ancient aliens" / "prehistoric astronauts" / "chariots of the gods" thing is a pretty well known idea, and it's inclusion into ROTF was completely intentional (oddly enough, another movie heavily featuring this idea was Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, released a year before ROTF and directed by ROTF's executive producer, Steven Spielberg). That's why there were so many allusions to historical artifacts like the pyramids and Petra (which is strange, since Petra was constructed a thousand years after the pyramids).

The idea that contact with Transformers has shaped human history and culture has been done before even in Transformers, in such stories as "Man of Iron" from the UK marvel comics series, and in Beast Wars, where the Maximals (and one particularly honorable Predacon) acted quite literally as ancient aliens in showing early humans how to create and use tools.

5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have watched the show and I loved the first season. The newer episodes have just gotten a little crazy. I do believe the theory that aliens have visited Earth in the past. I used this theory in one of my stories. Me and my mother loved how they used it in ROTF. To be honest, I thought that this idea sounded crazy at first, but then I sat down and actually watched the show. A lot of it made sense to me and there were way too many connections for it to be a coincidence.

6. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Hahah Giorgio Tsoukalos

Some of the ideas can seem pretty far-fetched, but there are many that make sense. For example how humans saw these aliens and started worshiping them as Gods.

7. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Building pyramids today would be no problem.

8. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I'm Sorry?

9. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

You guys need to do some reading on Egyptian pyramids. Keep in mind they used huge stone blocks, that weigh several hundred tons, and stacked them very high.

10. adamid4

They were only like 2.5 tons. Cranes can easily accomplish lifting that amount of weight, let alone ramps, trucks, and bulldozers, etc.

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about hundreds of tons, but yeah they were quite heavy. Don't forget though the Egyptians were very creative and used many different methods to move the blocks to where they were.

Also they had a huge labor force in the millions. Not slaves but the general population (Farmers, artisans, etc.) who were paid with food and shelter (I can't recall if ancient Egypt had an actual money-based economy like ours today.) for their work.
    And these Pyramids took a very long time to complete, several decades at most.

I used to believe in all this ancient alien stuff but after taking several Anthropology and Western Civilization courses in school/college (And a, uh, heated debate about it on this board.) the ancient alien theory doesn't have a shred of evidence to support it other than manipulating evidence that supports the alternative explanation in its favor.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Cool, and the Luxor is made of steel and glass, neither of which the Egyptians were able to create in major quantities until nearly the end of their civilization. The Luxor also has thousands of rooms as opposed to the roughly 4 in the Giza pyramid, has electricity and reliable, temperature controlled indoor plumbing, climate control, etc.

The placement of the Luxor is also precise enough to tie in perfectly with municipal power, water, and transport grids, and also includes precise replicas of the Sphinx, Tut's tomb, and regions of the Nile Delta. The Luxor also has literally the most powerful light on the face of the earth, at 42.3 billion candlepower. You can see that from space.

I'm not trying to denegrate the ancient egyptians. They were absolutely brilliant. Their grasp of mathematics, engineering, agriculture, and even philosophy were advanced enough that we are still influenced by them today. But to point to the great pyramids, wondrous as they are, and say that they surpass the marvels of modern architecture and engineering is ignorant on YOUR part. The Egyptians used very simple technology in very novel and effective ways, they were clever as hell about much of their construction. Experiments done in the modern era have shown the blocks of the Giza pyramid could have been moved by as few as 18 men (out of the literally thousands of laborers available) using a cradle-like apparatus unearthed in new kingdom temples and other technology available at the time. It is extremely likely the Egyptians made extensive use of levers, sliding mechanisms, tidal schedules and mass-scale logistics to move their blocks and monuments, but to say that we could not move those same rocks today, with modern cranes and motorized equipment is laughable. How big were the stones, do you figure, how much did they weigh? Wikipedia says around 2.5 tonnes. Only a year ago gigantic beer fermentation tanks were transported all the way from Germany to Toronto, each weighing 43 THOUSAND tonnes.

Toronto News: Moving giant beer tank to Toronto complex manoeuvre - thestar.com

But you know what explanation for the Pyramids DOES denigrate the ancient Egyptians and their accomplishments?... That's right, aliens. To say that the Egyptians would have needed extraterrestrial help to design or complete their projects completely undermines the brilliance, dedication, and knowledge of that ancient civilization and others.

13. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I do, its an awesome show.

14. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

It was inevitable.....
    [​IMG]

15. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Yeah, those ancient Egyptians had plenty of bulldozers and trucks to do the task.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  17. adamid4

You obviously didn't read the post previous that said we couldn't build the pyramids with today's technology. THAT is what I was referring to.

18. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Does this mean that the Thanksgiving episode of South Park this year actually happened? Thanksgiving? Aliens.

19. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

20. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Hahaha, that rules!