An update to those kind enough to have read my problems...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sixshot, Feb 26, 2006.

1. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

V for Vendetta is the most dangerous movie of the year. A good read.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=6034

I look forward to you applying the above sentiments to the next time a Take Two lawsuit article hits the news. :) 

(Note: I'm not saying you should agree with the lawsuits. Just use the critical thinking that you advocate in this thread. Sorry for being off topic.)

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

It's JUST pot

If smoking pot's not a big deal then by that same token it shouldn't be a big deal if it's illegal

And since Shipwreck brought up the race thing.

Black people are humans,cannabis is just a souless plant that neither offers nor takes away from ones quality of life.But slavery is dehumanizing.And although they'd like to think so,pot smokers AREN'T some oppressed minority.

If obeying the law that recreational pot use is illegal makes me brain dead.Then YES I'm brain dead.But guess what,it's not like NOT smoking up has had a negative impact in my life.

I can get a more satisfactory high WITHOUT breaking the law

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

1. Remember prohibition? What happened there? Why is smoking a cigar and having a glass of brandy not illegal?

2. He was not comparing the seriousness of slavery to the seriousness of pot legislation. As I see it, he was illustrating that a law once viewed as acceptable in this country can be changed for the right reasons. Perhaps you should reread his comments?

3. He was not saying this. As I see it, he was saying merely accepting a law because it's a law does not involve the use of critical thinking. I suggest rereading his comments.

4. Me too. But that doesn't mean the law is "right" does it?

4. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

:lol  :lol 

If that were true, the AMA would be made up of crackheads.

5. Streck

*dupe*

6. Streck

*dupe*

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It isn't?

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

God I fucking hate those commercials, and by extension, the PDFA anti-drug commercials. Used to be, smoking was just bad for you and all 'they' did was beat you over the head with that fact. Fine. Still my decision. Same with drugs...used to be just an egg in a frying pan and derivatives of the same thing, drugs are bad for you. Fine. Still my decision.

Now all the anti-smoking and anti-drug commercials have turned into "if you smoke/do drugs, you're a tool who did so because someone told you to." Pardon me, but fuck you. If that were even true, what makes proselytizing antis who didn't ever smoke/do drugs(/drink) because someone told them not to any better?

Maybe I did certain things because I wanted to, because I was curious? It certainly had nothing to do with Joe Camel, scantily clad women in beer commercials, or some guy with a mohawk telling me I should 'try this shit.' If anything, it was a series of authoritative figures of questionable integrity telling me what I shouldn't do that led me to want to find out if they were in fact full of shit.

Turns out they were.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Seriously, do you read anything I say? You just have your opinion and you look for your moment to throw your two sense in without reading the posts that others make. Just pot? This discussion is about POT and its about why is pot illegel when there isn't a reason it should be. Seriously. Give me a good reason of how if pot, treated like alcohol in the same moderation and restrictions is unsafe and should be illegel?

I didn't 'bring up a race' thing as you suggest. I brought up a point that has to do with laws and how they get changed and how they can be unjust. Not all laws are always correct that is the point. So you are telling me that you don't break the law ever? That you never do anything illegel ever even if you don't agree with it? I find that really hard to believe.

Oppressed minority? Who here claimed to be an opressed minority.

Nobody is saying you're brain dead for not smoking pot because its illegel you are labeling yourself that. What we are talking about is that you have no experiance with it at all. The only reason you find it illegel is because the government tells you it is. If the government told you it wasn't you'd change your tune. Pure and simple. And you can't say "No, I just wouldn't like it' because you've never tried it so you can't make that judgement without doing it.

'I can get a more satisfactory high WITHOUT breaking the law' well to tell you the truth no you can't because you don't even know what high is or feels like. You only know what you assume what it is like.

'If smoking pot's not a big deal then by that same token it shouldn't be a big deal if it's illegal' Well Transformers aren't a big deal so by that same token it shouldn't be a big deal if its illegal. How are you benefitting from them? You can go on and on and label so many things that way.

If pot was treated exactly like alcohol with some minor changes there would be no problem. If you legalize it would make money for the country instead of waste money for putting people in prision, cops looking for it, etc.

10. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Yep, you're right. It has nothing to do with the fact that hemp has a gazillion different eco-friendly uses that we now ignore because it is illegal. Do you have any idea how many forests could be saved where we to mass produce hemp paper as opposed to our outdated pulp mills that we have now? Have you ever looked into ANY of the uses for the hemp plant BEYOND smoking it?

Did you know that hemp oil was used for all sorts of reasons by the allied forces during the Second World War, and played a role in helping us to WIN that war? Did you know that both Abe Lincoln and George Washington had hemp gardens in their back yard? Were you aware that marijuana has only been controlled and illegal for a hundred years or so, when the Dupont corporation and William Randolph hearst went after it as their major, and cheaper, competition respectively?

You know, having an opinion is fine and good, but it helps to have a somewhat informed opinion.

Have you not ever taken even a passing glance at the history of western civilization? hell, ALL civilization for that matter? Unjust laws nly change when people refuse to follow them. So yes, in some cases, we do choose which laws we will obey, and which we will rebel against. it's our nature as humans.

11. Streck

Keep it cool, guys.

12. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Hemp Car!

Hemp for Fuel
    Biodiesel can be made from domestically produced, renewable oilseed crops such as hemp. With over 30 million successful U.S. road miles hemp boidiesel could be the answer to our cry for cheaper fuel. We have spent the last century polluting our beautiful country with our petroleum based fuels that could have easily been replaced with fuels derived from hemp. It would only take 6% of our U.S. land to produce enough hemp, for hemp fuel, to make us energy independent from the rest of the world. Help us teach America the truth. Make yourself a human billboard that speaks only of the truth because the only thing standing between hemp being illegally and legal is ignorance. Buy a Hemp T-shirt
    What is Hemp Fuel?
    Hemp stems are 80% hurds (pulp byproduct after the hemp fiber is removed from the plant). Hemp hurds are 77% cellulose a primary chemical feed stock (industrial raw material) used in the production of chemicals, plastics, and fibers. Biodiesel is the name for a variety of ester based oxygenated fuels made from hemp oil, other vegetable oils or animal fats. The concept of using vegetable oil as an engine fuel dates back to 1895 when Dr. Rudolf Diesel developed the first diesel engine to run on vegetable oil. Diesel demonstrated his engine at the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900 using peanut oil as fuel.
    Why Hemp Fuel?
    Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel that runs in any conventional, unmodified diesel engine. It can be stored anywhere that petroleum diesel fuel is stored.
    Biodiesel is safe to handle and transport because it is as biodegradable as sugar, 10 times less toxic than table salt, and has a high flashpoint of about 300 F compared to petroleum diesel fuel, which has a flash point of 125 F.
    Biodiesel can be made from domestically produced, renewable oilseed crops such as hemp.
    Biodiesel is a proven fuel with over 30 million successful US road miles, and over 20 years of use in Europe.
    When burned in a diesel engine, biodiesel replaces the exhaust odor of petroleum diesel with the pleasant smell of hemp, popcorn or french fries.
    Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel in the US to complete EPA Tier I Health Effects Testing under section 211(b) of the Clean Air Act, which provide the most thorough inventory of environmental and human health effects attributes that current technology will allow.
    Biodiesel is 11% oxygen by weight and contains no sulfur. The use of biodiesel can extend the life of diesel engines because it is more lubricating than petroleum diesel fuel, while fuel consumption, auto ignition, power output, and engine torque are relatively unaffected by biodiesel.
    The Congressional Budget Office, Department of Defense, US Department of Agriculture, and others have determined that biodiesel is the low cost alternative fuel option for fleets to meet requirements of the Energy Policy Act.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

You nagdamn hippies better keep off my lawn with your potcars and long hair.

14. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    A potcar would be sweet. I suggest here if anyone wants to know more about the history behind US illegalization of pot, check the History channel's series "Hooked", specifically the one on marijuana.

Did you know that in the 50's meth was prescribed for over 29 various symptoms while marijuana was viewed as a scourge? It was only when peoples' hearts started blowing up that they realized meth was bad, mmkay.

And I agree with most of the sentiment here, marijuana has a lot of positive aspects. No one's ever od'ed on it, it doesn't kill your liver, a pot smoker is a much safer driver than an alcoholic (not to say that you should toke and drive), has other valuable uses, and has great medicinal value. As far as medicinal value goes I know firsthand that it is wonderful for the stomach. I have IBS, I wake up 6 out of 7 mornings with a terrible stomach ache, sometimes just a glass of water in the morning will make it feel like it's on fire. When I was smoking, all I needed to do was take a few tokes (from my vaporizer, cause that's better for you) and my stomach cleared right up. No other meds I have ever used, either over-the-counter or prescription, have ever been anywhere near what smoking a little bit has done for my weakass stomach.

Of course I also smoked recreationally. :) 

15. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That's great news, Sixshot. :thumb